[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you see Star Wars r9k? Did you like it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: kylo REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg (110 KB, 634x363) Image search: [Google]
kylo REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg
110 KB, 634x363
Did you see Star Wars r9k? Did you like it?
>>
It was ok, but i felt they sacrificed story for action. Nothing was really said or told about the girl's backstory OR Han Solo's son and how he got to where he is now. Just completely glossed over, which was irritating.

I doubt that these points will be filled in the second movie either.
>>
>>25580143
If I ignore Rey's role as an insufferable mary sue and blame her extraordinary abilities on force magic and ignore the fact that Finn originally was written as a white character but jewjew abrams intentionally chose the most niggery black guy he could find to play him in the name of "diversity" then yea, maybe I can say that it was a decent film.
>>
>>25580143
Hegel said it well I guess: De tijd in gedachten gevat. I found it to be highly amusing and almost a comedy. Not the real drama and seriousness of the old ones. But I think this time is more like that and that's ok. The serious stuff would have been boring now.
>>
There were some issues but I liked it.

I like how there's a female main character now.

I think it's pretty stupid a fresh-out-of-training grunt has as much melee training/expertise as an almost-sith lord, especially with a saber.

Also, Finn is too much of a special snowflake. All of his comrades are merciless killers and he alone has so much consciousness that he deserts all together after a single mission, there's no continuum, it's not believable.
>>
>>25580202
I agree, and don't get me wrong there was a whole lot I liked about the movie. I would have liked less action in favor of more character interaction, development, and backstory. Star Wars isn't even supposed to be an action movie. The opening scene was top notch but I didn't care at all about them blowing up Starkiller, I'd have much rather seen the characters interacting with each other in a more non stressful environment. My favorite part was Kylo, I think he's a great character and could be my favorite, depending on how they treat him in the next movie.
>>
>>25580300
I didn't feel very attracted to any of the chacters. Kylo seems good and interesting on paper, but I was unimpressed by his role.
>>
>>25580286
I'll admit Kylo was pretty shit at handling his lightsaber. But remember, he was only trained by Luke who was also pretty shit with a lightsaber, he was never properly trained with it like a real Jedi. And Kylo had probably never been in a proper lightsaber battle in his life. I thought it was fitting, my autism would have been way worse if he was this amazing lightsaber duelist.
>>
>>25580143
I hate several issues with the film that I could not stand:
>Storyline feels like it is missing important scenes.
>Finn and Rey are able to use a light saber with ease when it took regular jedi over a decade to be able to handle using one.
>Rey instantly using extremely advanced force powers that take years to learn. For example Jedi mind tricks.
>Ewan McGregor's voice in vision which seemed to imply she was the grandchild of Obi Wan.
>Finn surviving getting his entire spine getting slashed by a lightsaber. That is some MASSIVE bullshit.
>>
>>25580372
I'll readily admit to not knowing shit about Star wars but I assume if Kylo couldn't have a saberbro to spar against he would have a theoretical basis. A manual or something which he could use to train his techniques solo.
Hell, at the very least he'd train with a regular melee weapon like Finn. Finn was running on storm trooper training and he wrecked that other storm trooper (that scene was made for no other purpose than to show Finn could use melee weapons, too)
>>
>>25580321
I understand, but personally I think Kylo is a very good character. Han was also great, I was really surprised how much screentime and how big his role was, before I watched it I expected him to drop in a few minutes and die. He was excellent. I like Rey, but like everyone else it seems, she frustrates me. I can't really comment on her until they reveal more in the next episode. She's up in the air but has potential if they do it right. Lol Finn. I didn't hate him as much as I thought I would, but he's a weak comic relief character who they cleverly used to keep the plot rolling. He's basically a decent version of Jar Jar Binks. I liked him well enough, I'm not interested in him at all, and like his predecessor Jar Jar, his role in the next two movies should probably be drastically reduced.
>>
HAN SOLO DIES KILLED BY HIS SON KYLO REN

>>25580387
>Finn surviving getting his entire spine getting slashed by a lightsaber. That is some MASSIVE bullshit.
It's star wars n sheit nigga, it's fantasy.
>>
>>25580468
Actually that other stormtrooper with the melee weapon kicked Finns ass hard, and he was dealing the death blow until Chewbacca shot him and killed him. And Kylo wrecked Finn with a lightsaber, he pretty much sliced his spine in half and might have killed him. Rey was good with the lightsaber, but it was well established early in the movie she was a beast with her staff weapon, a lightsaber isn't really that different.
>>
>>25580573
Reasoning with these people is pointless.
>>
File: it's me.jpg (266 KB, 1536x864) Image search: [Google]
it's me.jpg
266 KB, 1536x864
Literally me: the character
>>
>>25580573
Apparently, everyone seems to agree with you. I remember finn and stormbro being pretty even, I tried looking up footage but all I see is le meme edits.
Finn got the first strike on Ren, if it weren't for plot armor that would have been it for him.

I'm also not forgetting Kylo had a laser wound.

>>25580619
What are you talking about?
>>
>>25580202
>>25580387

The whole movie felt like A New Hope

I think it has to do with the fact that Episode III didn't really get a proper action sequel. Episode IV is old af. It's like driving a 2005 mustang and and then switcting over to a shitty 1977 Ford Fiesta
>>
>>25580619
I see that. I just liked the movie and /tv/ is fucking worthless. I seriously can't tell what they actually mean because everything they say is doublespeak ironic memeing. I don't even know where to begin other than that board is worthless, everybody just says the opposite of what they really think and every other post has the word "reddit" in it.
>>
>>25580718
>I think it has to do with the fact that Episode III didn't really get a proper action sequel.
This year they are releasing the movie rogue one. It takes places between 3 and 4 and features Darth Vader.
>>
>>25580202
I think they left the stuff about Rey and KR's backstories for later films. Sort of like how Luke's relationship to Vader wasn't established until ESB.

>>25580250
>mary sue
Yeah, I didn't like that she beat KR so quickly. Seriously injured or not, I think his status as a villain is diminished by that. He said they weren't finished...and then she finished it. Yep, sure has me pumped for the next film.

>getting mad bc the character is black
/pol/ pls stop
>>
>>25580950
Sounds terrible. At this point I don't care enough about any of the characters to have a movie outside of the normal trilogy formula. Fuck Boba Fett, he's boring. I think Han Solo could have had some great movies but they aren't necessary. Pretty much all the characters would make boring spinoff movies. I'd have loved for Shadows of the Empire to be made into an episode 5.5 but they can't do it now.
>>
>>25581095
Shadows is confirmed still canon actually. The Outrider appears in one of the movies and a whole model set of it was displayed by Disney
>>
Phasma should be in a sexier outfit. Fucking genital-free Disney. She looks like an Arab at the airport.
>>
It's a soulless rehash of the originals' plot, with a cynical corporate design-by-commitee hyperfixation on "marketable iconic aspects" (the dark and mysterious villain, lightsabers, The Death Star) to the point that they aren't even subtle, aren't even TRYING to be subtle about it. This is the thought process that went into creating both the new Star Trek movies and the new Star Wars movie, and it's exactly why people hire Abrams:

>what brand has shitloads of name recognition, so we can continue cashing in on this "remake things with recognisable names for prolefeed" fad that is now possible because of cultural massification, but ALSO has owners who will sell it for cheap because they're sick of it?
>star trek's owners are tired of it because they're too dumb to do what we're doing, and keep actually trying to make a real product [OR] star wars' owner is tired of it because he tried to sell his pure autism and no one wanted it, and he loves money
>alright well let's buy star [whichever]. what are the iconic catchphrases, images, icons, etc.? i'm talking shit that is popular on instagram with people who never even saw the originals, NOT shit that's actually significant in the originals
>[list of things like "beam me up scotty," death stars, etc.]
>alright, slap those together into an hour and a half, throw a billion dollars at it, and put some gas in the marketing machine, i'm going to go take a shit in my toilet made of money

P RO L E FEE D IS HERE

THE ENJOYMENT OF THINGS BECAUSE THEY ARE THINGS

ENJOY IT BECAUSE IT HAS LIGHTS AND COLOURS AND SEEMS TO MORE OR LESS CONFORM TO WHAT YOU EXPECT FROM "A MOVIE"

DON'T ACTUALLY THINK ABOUT PLOT HOLES OR INCONSISTENCY OR THE QUALITY OR DEPTH OR SUBTLETY OF THE WRITING

IN FACT, GET ANGRY WHEN PEOPLE DO THAT. IT'S JUST FOR FUN MAN! IT DOESN'T MATTER IF CHARACTER MOTIVATIONS ARE COMPLETELY INCOHERENT LOL

PROLEFEED

PROLEFEED

PROLEFEED
>>
>>25580950

That's horrible

The movies itself are huge fucking spoiler alert. Rogue one fails to get plans, Darth Vaders fuck them up

The end. Save you all $10
>>
>>25581399
Half the cast is probably Bothans. You know like how in episode 4 the lady in charge of the rebels says shit like "many bothans died to get this" the death star plans.
>>
If your black or a feminist you will love this film.

>evil whitey trying to destroy the universe who can stop him a bitch and a nigger.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.