[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm on my second day without drinking anything at all.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1445550829571.jpg (419 KB, 1046x1815) Image search: [Google]
1445550829571.jpg
419 KB, 1046x1815
So I'm on my second day without drinking anything at all. I did a taper so I'm not getting the shakes or anything, but I do feel really fucking rough, anxious, getting strange sensations, and the worst is not being able to sleep.

I'm also really fucking thirsty for water all the time as well. Anyway, I ask of anything who has been through this, when does it start to get better?

Have a random high test slut
>>
I ask of anyone*
>>
Never Detoxed from booze but I did withdraw from benzos. Booze shouldn't last more than.a few weeks. Valerian root helped me a lot during withdrawal so it might help you at least sleep. Good luck tho man
>>
>>25576733
Cheers for the reply lad, I appreciate it. Been so fucking sick of drinking everyday, waking up hung over, the lack of cash, needing a drink for anything I do and not being able to work out. The weirdest thing is though is that I had more intrusive thoughts on booze than I do right now.
>>
>>25576801
Well yea dude. Once the withdrawals go away and you get past the craving part you'll feel better. Now no telling if your depression or anxiety or what ever it is driving you to drink will go away but you will feel better.
>>
File: 4FEIX9k.jpg (89 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
4FEIX9k.jpg
89 KB, 720x1280
OP, know that no matter how much you suffer, no matter how much this sucks, no matter how long it takes, even if you die... you have a god tier taste in women, and nothing will ever take that away from you. You can do it.
>>
>>25577052
I appreciate the response man. I just can't wait to get it over and done with. Again thank you.

>>25577119
kek, you really cheered me up you glorious bastard.
>>
>>25576686
It's hard to do alone. I know aa sounds shitty but it really helps when you get advice from others going through it. When I first quit I had trazadone to help me sleep and an anti-depressant for the first 6 months. I also took piracetam, it seemed to help. I'm a little over a year sober now
>>
>>25577406
From what I just read your symptoms have probably peaked or will within 12 hours so you're getting there. Duration for major symptoms seem to only last a few days so all you need to do is hold it together thru the weekend. Not even a big deal.
>>
>>25577516
Congratulations on breaking the cycle man. I am seeing some kind of alcohol councilor so I will see him soon to see how I am getting on, luckily I am at my parents house right now which helps a lot, because it's fucking scary when you get the palpitations and the chest pains which always led me back to drinking, but I feel safer here when that happens.

>>25577544
That's really good news then. I feel like I can hold up for a few more days even though it's utterly fucking shitty. Might go doctors to get a prescription of sleeping pills but I worry I'll be trading one addiction for another.

I know I won't sleep tonight again, so I'll probably just stay up all day and hopefully sleep in the evening. Cheers for the response.
>>
>>25577697
I know your feels man. I've been taking Roxicodines 15mgs(prob 2-3 a day) for the past 48 days. I usually take one orally and rail 2. I want to stop but always put it off for the next day but just can't. Kudos to you my robot
>>
>>25576686
Why did you drink?

I can't motivate myself to drink through the unpleasant, enduring aftertaste.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.