[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do i get into gaming?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: gaming-girl110614120653.jpg (44 KB, 652x403) Image search: [Google]
gaming-girl110614120653.jpg
44 KB, 652x403
femanon here. ok so, how do i get into gaming? its mostly because i want to impress someone who i know is into video games. thing is, i am completely clueless about that. ive never played a video game in my life. what should i know before i get started so that i wouldnt make myself look dumb? also any recommendations for beginners?
thanks r9k and sorry for my english
>>
File: b8 16.jpg (220 KB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
b8 16.jpg
220 KB, 3000x3000
this post is an original comment, and i won't be muted for 2 seconds upon submitting it
>>
Play NBA 2k in association mode, start with the team with the worst record in the previous season and try to make it a title contender in no more than three seasons.
>>
>>25561904
its not bait
im serious
i am genuienly asking
>>
File: 4454548454545.png (78 KB, 1254x261) Image search: [Google]
4454548454545.png
78 KB, 1254x261
fuck you cunt #47
>>
>>25561889
>femanon here
Serious starting out with that maybe next time you can make a better bait
>>
>>25561889
>find chad bf who plays call of duty on his ps4
>watch him play it
>congrats you're a gamur girl now
>>
>>25561889
Is that Elena from Peep Show
>>
Fuck off paola
>>
You invest thousands of hours playing, researching, and collecting video games of all kinds and slowly become knowledgeable about them.

Or you can just play League of Legends or some other normie game and claim you're a gamer, it's what women do
>>
Try some games
Find game you like
Play game
Talk about game, read about game, find similar games
>>
Do you know what kind of games the person you want to impress plays?
>>
shit-tier bait to be quite honest family
>>
fuck offffffffffffffffffffffffffffff jesus fuck i hope you choke on something sharp and die you attention whoring piece of fucking shit
>>
Play smash. Simple fighting game.

Just do what every other girl does and bring every match to sudden death, and get lucky with a fast character
>>
>>25561951
This. Being "hardcore" (I hate that word, as well as gamer. It's like calling yourself a film buff or a book worm, you just look like a fag who defines themselves by their hobby) is like the path to wizardry. There are no shortcuts. You have to put the hours in, play a lot of games, be somewhat decent at those games and have something resembling taste.

For example, if you pour hundreds of hours into isometric RPGs from the 90's, collect them, and are quite knowledgeable about them, congrats, you have taste. If you play league or dota for hundreds of hours, on the same map, never try anything else and restrict yourself to that one, not very deep game, you're a casual.

TL;DR, stop femanon hereing, play ACTUAL games, LIKE those games, and WANT TO PLAY THOSE GAMES OF YOUR OWN ACCORD. In other words, you can't because a "gamer" because you obviously don't like games and will only play league/dota/whatever the next bandwagon game is
>>
>>25561889
>also any recommendations for beginners?
play Bad Rats
all guys play this game
>>
>>25561889
Play bad rats.
>>
girls should play video games just dont be an attention seeking whore about it
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.