[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are you experiences with telling female friends how you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: dating_couple.jpg (25 KB, 410x230) Image search: [Google]
dating_couple.jpg
25 KB, 410x230
What are you experiences with telling female friends how you feel about them?

I want to marry my female friend. We've known each other for 15 years, almost half our lives now.

As far as I'm aware she has no idea that I've ever been interested in her during this time, let alone would want her to be my wife. I honestly can't believe she's still single.

I understand this is pathetic but is there any way to turn a friend of so many years into a lover? I'm skeptical but interested in your thoughts.
>>
>>25549159
every time i've caught feelings for a female friend, it's because i thought she had feelings for me too

every time i caught feelings for a female friend, i thought telling her would be the greatest thing to ever happen to me

every time i caught feelings for a female friend, i contemplated when to ask her out somewhere as a date for at least two weeks

every time i caught feelings for a female friend, i told them

every time i caught feelings for a female friend, they were leading me on

every time i caught feelings for a female friend, they "totally have the hots for Chad"

every time i caught feelings for a female friend, i've left the experience a little more dead inside

don't do shit until you're 100% sure she wants you. don't fucking do anything
>>
>Thanks for telling me but I don't feel that way about you.

or

>Aww, that's sweet
>>
>>25549159
Get somewhat drunk together and make a move, no faggot love declarations. If it works, great, if not it won't ever happen anyway.
>>
>>25549290
>no faggot love declarations

I agree with that wholeheartedly.
>>
>>25549159
just b urself :)

no but seriously 15 years is a long time, she might like you, go for it
>>
i did it a few times and never learned. Now im completely red pilled to the point of acceptance but really don't talk or interact with women besides the barista at the coffee house
>>
>>25549380
>no but seriously 15 years is a long time, she might like you, go for it

Sometimes I think she might. 9 years ago I was convinced she did but at the time I was in the best shape of my life, was full of potential and had a girlfriend. When I broke up with my girlfriend she had a boyfriend and that interest that appeared romantic seemed to wane. Although my life went off the rails very soon after so that might have something to do with it. Only just starting to get things back together. We've had fights and periods where we haven't spoken, lost contact with her for over year at one point, but through everything in the end she's still there and life is better when she is. She just makes me feel better about myself. I honestly should just be happy to have her as a friend but would be lying if I said I wouldn't like more. I compare every girl I meet to her and they always come up short. I don't even bother pursuing other women because I'm just not interested in being with anyone else.
>>
>>25549250
Thanks for the advice, friend and good luck.
>>
>>25549159
>you hope to marry your friend
>she hopes to fuck Chad again

>in a text you tell her she's not like the rest
>Chad reads it, laughs and then cums on her chest
>>
File: 1436788568726.jpg (69 KB, 640x452) Image search: [Google]
1436788568726.jpg
69 KB, 640x452
>>25549159
Well I got drunk,female friend came onto me whispering how she loves how relaxed I am and how big I am.

Eventually telling me that she loved me and all that.I was going home and she ran over into my taxi and shouted at the taxi driver to take her to my house.

Next day she accuses me of raping her to my friends. Fortunitly my friends have a far higher opinion of me than i thought and basically told her Id never do that or that she was the one who approached me.

TL;DR Only girl to have ever said to me she loved me accused me of raping her and now all her friends yell at me if they see me. This is my expierience
>>
>>25550628
She can't have been a very close friend.
>>
>>25551116
well we knew each other for about 3-4 years but we would only really talk a little bit and than Id go back to talking about video games or dnd with the lads.

I considered her a friend but I do normally keep female friends at arms reach. I just normally dont trust them a lot. This has only cemented my opinion.
>>
>>25551206
I don't even understand why someone would do that. What could be accomplished by it other than potentially destroying someone's life? It's not an accusation to make lightly.
>>
>>25551433
I guess I left out an important bit,She was going on like her 2nd date with one of ,y friends nd they decided to keep it a secret.

Dunno why seems childish at 25 but thats their choice.I half suspected there was something going on between them so I met her first advances with coldness and eventually outright asked her was she and anon Seeing each other or having a fwb sort of thing. Assured me nothing was going on.

Im guessing this blew up and her "only" option was to accuse me of taking advantage of her being drunk and raping her.
>>
File: 1449683974791.png (151 KB, 339x288) Image search: [Google]
1449683974791.png
151 KB, 339x288
>>25550628

Pic very related: are you OP?

Regardless... if your story is true I am inclined to believe you, Anon-sama... that's beyond fucked up.

I Feel with you.
>>
>>25549159
Here is the thing, OP. When people say that they were friends before dating, they usually mean that they were somewhat acquainted. Maybe they had met before through mutual friends etc. In real life it is very rare that very close friends fall for each other after such a long time.
>>
>>25551592
I'm OP and no, that was not my story. I would not want to marry someone who falsely accused me of rape.
>>
>>25549159
She's probably been screwed by a clowncar full of guys, anon. Just let go.
>>
>>25551592
Im not op Just a guy who got screwed over by letting my guard down for one night.

Its a pity,im awful with girls, feel like my heart is going to explode when looking at them and they look at me.And my First real shot ended me up with this mess.

The worst part is people is like thats a once off,it literally never happens. Well that was my only shot and it happened.
>>
>>25549623
>I don't even bother pursuing other women because I'm just not interested in being with anyone else.
Why are you even asking other people then.
>>
>>25551602
Yeah, I understand this. It's exceedingly rare. I can't think of any situation where people have become lovers after being friends for so long aside from movies and television in which the writer is most likely fulfilling fantasies of their own unrequited loves or infatuations.

Why doesn't it occur though? Who better to be in a relationship with than someone you love, understand and respect?
>>
>>25551789
I don't have an answer for that. I just want to talk about it. Or at the very least read some success stories to inspire me to act or failure stories to inspire me to continue to keep my feelings to myself.
>>
>>25550126
Don't fuki g listen to this kid. There's a story of the pussy cat wanting fish but also not wanting to get his paws wet. That is you. Get your fucking paws wet and if it doesn't work out then quit wasting your time with her
>>
Can't, feminists now. Don't want to tell them anything about my painful past because those perspectives are so limited, and I can't respond to their nonsense RihannaFlawlessGoddessxD sexuality with a practical facade.
>>
>>25551823
Fuckin either she's the type of girl that thinks the man should make the move, or she isn't interested. Act like you got a sack and find out. If she isn't interested you just had the most brutal rejection you'll ever get since you'll probably never try again. Personally if I got rejected and that was it I'd start being a real asshole and occasionally send her lewd messages invited her to casual sex until she blocked me.
>>
File: who_am_I_Gamling.png (101 KB, 505x536) Image search: [Google]
who_am_I_Gamling.png
101 KB, 505x536
>>25551702
>>25551788

OP & not-OP, whatever you choose to do and whatever happens, I hope you both find peace of mind.

I mean it.

Godspeed.

Especially you, not OP. Nobody should have to deal with that.
>>
>>25549159
OP I had the same experience, I finally confessed to her like 3 years ago after 11 years, I missed out on foundations dating experiences because I thought we'd end up together. Well, she shot me down but now whenever she breaks up with her boyfriend of the week, she leads me on, talking in cheesy voices and making hints about us dating for validation. It kills me a little bit cause I know she's just using me, but she's still my best friend. Is a painful knowing better than a not knowing? I'm not sure; in my case it is, but only you can decide that
>>
I've known this girl for 6 years now. I had a crush on her in the beginning, but it faded away. Now, this year I've suddenly noticed how beautiful she really is, blonde hair, blue eyes, holy fuck. I can't stop thinking about her at times. She's really nice to me, laughs at all my jokes even though some of them are clearly not funny, and I give her hugs sometimes. But I'm not gonna ask her out. Because I'm 70% sure she only sees me as a friend. Sometimes its painful, so I just lift my feels away. Once I stop seeing her regularly, I'll probably get over her.
>>
>>25552368
>Is a painful knowing better than a not knowing?

Tough decision but I guess at least with a painful knowing comes closure. With the knowledge you won't be together I guess you can move on.
>>
>>25552368
>Well, she shot me down

What did she say?
>>
>>25549250
Can confirm. Happened today with me, for the third time.
I want to get off MR BONES WILD RIDE, but it just never ends.
>>
>>25549250

This. What happens after is a short period of pain but then it goes away.

I am just full autism and unabe to distinguish romantic interest with genuine kindness.

That's why I only use dating apps now since I know what's going on all the time.
>>
>"it-it's too late"
She was leaving for college

>"I like you too much I feel like I'm not in control"
Terrible relationship we were friends then started hooking up then liked each other

>"I like you too I guess?"
I told her I was attracted to her like a week after hanging out as just friends. It was a pretty fun and chill fling.
>>
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/3357237/The-friends-who-become-lovers.html
>>
I've known this girl for about 5 years now, 3 years pretty vaguely and the 4th year closer but she had a boyfriend back then. A year ago I asked her if she wanted to watch a movie together which went pretty good, she was hesitent to make out with me but in the end went for it because I told her that live is about taking risks(Im a genious, I Know). She also said that she didn't want anything romantic to which I agreed. At the time I thought I had ED because I never felt comfortable with a girl before and my dick never went really hard cause of anxiety. After 2 more meetups We started fucking and man was it good. Well I got addicted and kinda annoyed her cause I always wanted to fuck. Move forward one year we're still really close friends but I secretly love her(told her once,big Drama, she told me that Im a great guy but she just doesnt feel the Same. I can.understand that since Im rather unambitious and full of anxiety and really socially awkward what I blame on my overbearing.singlemother). Well I suffer from the Same thing as you Do I just don't care for other girls in Addition I think my life is falling apart cause I can't get my.ass up and Do something worthwhile. Worst of all is that I can't get over it because sometimes We still have oralsex (fuck I love 69) but strangely nothing more and that gives me "hope". I'm turning 20 in a few months and everything is ging downhill, I think about killing myself often but thats Not just because of the girl. I guess the forum Name robot pretty much sums it up pretty nicely.
Now that Im done with my selfpity, just Do it Ob but don't get to attatched. :)
>>
>>25549282
not op but this is what i'm afraid of, fuck me
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.