[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /socialanxiety/ here? >Every mistake I've ever done
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: c76.png (37 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
c76.png
37 KB, 633x758
Who /socialanxiety/ here?

>Every mistake I've ever done pops in my mind every day and kills me inside
>If I manage to talk to people, I'm always worried about things like "maybe I create too much eye contact", "maybe I should stop talking he probably thinks I'm creepy as fuck", etc.
>Hide every single hobby I have so people won't think I'm weird, sometimes I make up hobbies I don't even have.
>Can't put headphones or browse my phone in public without checking that no one can see what I'm doing/hearing every 3 seconds.
>Even though I live alone I delete my browser history so no one who visits could know what I'm doing even though I don't really have anything to hide
>Don't come into shops, streets etc with too much people

Feels bad man
>>
Honestly I had/have this, but I realised the only way to combat it is to not give a single fuck. I just go out and not give a single fuck what anyone thinks about me. It was hard at first but it become easier.

Also, I am guessing you are not in good shape. Hit the gym, you will feel better. It is not a meme. You really do.
>>
File: 1451992946306.png (1 MB, 1688x2000) Image search: [Google]
1451992946306.png
1 MB, 1688x2000
Please don't use hijak to roachpost.
>>
Holy shit OP, I can relate to a few things, such as the talking. I'll tell myself "holy shit I'm probably so annoying, look she doesn't even want to talk to me" and I'm afraid people laugh at me behind my back.

I don't really attend social events like parties and shit, hell I've never been to a party. But I went to my homecoming and it was awkward as hell.

I think I suffer from slight anxiety.
>>
>>25540333
I've been trying to cope with it somehow. Slowly but surely retreating more and more into myself.
>>
>>25540333
Same for me except I look at it in a positive light and see it as a way to improve.

>If I manage to talk to people, I'm always worried about things like "maybe I create too much eye contact", "maybe I should stop talking he probably thinks I'm creepy as fuck", etc.
Just keep consistent eye contact and enjoy the warmth of another humans eyes. Girls make less eye contact than guys. If the conversation isn't working after I try I give up and "blame" (not really their fault) the other person. For instance today some people sat next to me, I think they thought I was lonely. I greeted them both using their names and asked how their christmas was, they both replied fine, didn't really elaborate, they didn't ask me how mine was so I said I had a good on. I noticed he had new headphones so I pointed it out, he said yeh skullcandy. I said I got new ones as well (will continue later). Then I asked him if he had listed to the new j cole album and he said he had. I was getting bored so I gave up, put my headphones in and concentrated on work.

I think from this I learned that I was being too monotone and I definitely didn't make enough eye contact but also tehy have a lot to improve on as well imo.

>Hide every single hobby I have so people won't think I'm weird, sometimes I make up hobbies I don't even have.
Exact opposite friendo, I spout autistically about my love of hobbies to people I like. I will talk about bodybuilding (I barely look like I lift), Anime (have even mentioned yuri yuri), video games etc. I'm still a fairly liked person lol

continue..
>>
>>25540380
You sound like every other teenage boy. You never had social anxiety you fucking faggot
>>
>>25540333

That's me, bang on, and after having a convo I review every little word I said extremely critically. Solitude is blissful.
>>
>>25540333
>Even though I live alone I delete my browser history so no one who visits could know what I'm doing even though I don't really have anything to hide
Bro that's fine man, I fap to bondage shit and loli and I forget to delete my history lol. That don't rly matter tho I guess

>Don't come into shops, streets etc with too much people
Yeh fucking hate crowds but just avoid eye contact but have confident posture. If anyone fucks with you deck em hard
punch em in the fucking face twice
>>
>>25542565
Not him but you complain like another bitch who I tried to explain that going to the gym actually helps.
The only things you could say are one line with a response of one line:
Faggot(you):How many more sets do you have
Person:3
>>
>>25540333
>selective mute
>after spending time around people i tend to get really depressive when i'm on my own again
>overwhelmed in public even if i don't have to interact with people
>can barely communicate with my family and few friends
>>
>>25540333
i do all of these too

i feel guilty for stuff i did almost 20 years ago
>>
I thought mine was bad,

me

>I can be talking to a person and they can make one facial expression to vaguely suggest they're uncomfortable or angry (and they're probably not I'm just perceiving it this way) and it will seriously make me want to die

>say something in a tourette like manner along the lines of ''You need to kill yourself'' or ''You fucking prick'' when I recall an embarrassing social memory. I do it literally without thinking and it worries me a bit

>Can't put headphones or browse my phone in public without checking that no one can see what I'm doing/hearing every 3 seconds.

>When talking to someone who I find intimidating socially I feel like I'm dying. I bumped into a friend I used to have today and we talked, it actually wasn't awkward but when we were talking I felt dizzy and trapped
>>
>>25542759
no it doesn't help faggot
>>
now seriously
has anyone with real anxiety/social phobia here has been cured?is there even a cure?
>>
>>25543058
yes of course u stupid faggot
>>
File: fkinbullshit.jpg (78 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
fkinbullshit.jpg
78 KB, 768x1024
>>25540333
pic related
after a normal day at uni
i don't leave home at all if i don't really have to
>>
>>25543093
how can i be cured
>>
File: 1429373448907.png (133 KB, 914x1090) Image search: [Google]
1429373448907.png
133 KB, 914x1090
>tfw you completed 2.5 years (in 3.5 years) of university but are too scared to attempt your dissertation
I'd have to fucking interview people and talk to people god damn
>>
>>25540333
I'm was that way too for most of my life. In the last few years, a few of those things have gotten marginally better, but I'm a super oldfag now, so its too late to matter.
>>
>>25540333

iktf

>phone call
>adrenaline rush
>>
>>25542872
>tourettes
ive developed this too when im in heavy cringe mode thinking about past embarrassments
>>
File: 1451924299534.jpg (205 KB, 780x840) Image search: [Google]
1451924299534.jpg
205 KB, 780x840
LSD helped me, but not in a way I wanted. These days I just go neck deep on otaku shit, because that's my thing, and never go out anymore. I'm more confident because I'm more true to the things that are important to me - but at the same time I get more and more distant from everyone else.

Feels good man.
>>
I'm afraid about meeting acquaintances because I worry they will ask me how I'm doing, and what I'm up to, and I don't want to lie, but I also don't want to admit I just sit at home and browse 4chan all day, and occasionally binge on drugs, and that's all i've done for the last year. I usually just say 'not really up to much nowadays' and they don't probe because they can see im awkward and shifty about it.
>>
File: 1396819444248.jpg (83 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1396819444248.jpg
83 KB, 512x384
I get so anxious that I clench my jaw, and by the end of the day my jaw aches from being clenched for so long. Also my hands shake pretty hard. Sometimes it gets so bad that accidentally making contact with someone in public makes me want to go back home and cry, like I offended the person I touched.
How do I free myself of this hell?
>>
I get every mistake flooding back to me at once too.

I cope with it by shouting obscenities (not in public). "YOU FUCKING SHITTY CUNT KILL YOURSELF CUNT CUNT CUNT SHIT ON MY CUNT"

I feel massively autistic afterwards but it goes away.
>>
I work with accountants and a lot of them are awkward as fuck too. I have a hard time ending conversations. I normally say "I'll let you get back to it" but it seems awkward to say that if they are just walking down the hall. it's really awkward to just stop talking randomly and walk away
>>
>>25542759
Calm down child nya~~
It's only a Chinese bulletin board
No need to lie so hard
;;::::;:3c
>>
>Hands shake when nervous
>Hey anon! Your hands are shaking really bad haha!

Leave me be, cunt.
>>
>>25540333
All the time senpai(ily). I have trouble talking to people on the phones and irl. When I walk I usually stare at the ground. Everything you described, describes me too.
>>
>>25540333
is there a cure? i need one
>>
>>25544244
yeah i know this feel. i usually stutter out 'ok...see you then...' and do a half hearted handwave plus unintentionally creepy smile
>>
>>25542872

>say something in a tourette like manner along the lines of ''You need to kill yourself'' or ''You fucking prick'' when I recall an embarrassing social memory. I do it literally without thinking and it worries me a bit

Holy fuck son, I thought I was the only person who does this. There's a couple embarrassing social interactions I've had with girls, and for years now I've been just walking or doing something and I'll be reminded of one of those incidences and spontaneously mutter "I want to die' or " kill me, just kill me", with waves of shame. It's completely spontaneous and subconscious.
>>
>>25544527
i muttered that shit while walking on the street when i thought no one was close by, but then sometimes i notice someone might have been able to hear me and then i cringe again there is literally no end to the cringing
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.