[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /no hobby/ here? All I do is go to work and browse 4chan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1452088095035.gif (1 MB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
1452088095035.gif
1 MB, 240x180
Who /no hobby/ here?

All I do is go to work and browse 4chan afterwards.

Today I don't have to go to work because it's snowing so i just lay in my bed for 14 hours straight and browse different boards.

How do i get the motivation to do something interesting like designing or working out?

Also share your hobbies with us if you have some.
>>
I typically dip into hobbies in the most shallow way and then lose interest fast.

Cars I learned a lot about how they work and the different brands and models and types of engines but then I realized I hate driving so I stopped caring about them.

Then it was computers. Learned not to be loyal to any company, learned why processor architecture is more important than core count & gigahertz. But eventually realized constantly chasing after the latest & greatest usually results in an empty wallet and only ~10% better performance in programs and games so really who gives a shit.

I very briefly wanted to pick up playing the guitar but after practicing some hand positions and trying to read tab (why the fuck is it upside down?) I realized that I dont have the patience to care about it. Besides who the fuck am I playing for, I never leave my room. Rather just listen to more skilled people just play the music I already like.

The only thing I've stuck with is photography and as far as that goes you just sorta throw spaghetti at the wall and see what sticks. Take enough pictures eventually one of them is going to be nice. The downside is camera bodies can be a little expensive and lenses are seriously fucking expensive but if you never stray from a rebel & kit lens then you're only out $120 and you can take as many pictures as you like. Or just stick to your iPhone. With enough skill you can make better pictures with your phone than I can with my dslr.
>>
I take stimulants then go to the gym 6 days a week. Otherwise I shitpost, hike, or read.
>>
>>25539457
Videogames used to do it for me, but they don't anymore. I started working out and I've been doing so for 6 months, that doesn't do it either and it's more of a chore/obligation because I didn't want to look like a hungry skeleton for the rest of my life.

I feel like there's nothing here for me. I'm fed up with everything. Everyday it's the same shit. Work, college, browse 4chan. Fuck.
>>
>>25539457
>How do i get the motivation to do something interesting like designing or working out?
Chances are if you are depressed then it doesnt matter what the hobby is, you're not going to have the motivation to do it. You have to square that shit away as much as possible.
>>
Explore a wide range of ideas and related hobbies. Keep the ones that really click with you.

When it comes to exercise, find something fun. I love hiking and cycling. I don't even consider it exercise, just fun. But when I go on a fifty mile ride for fun I also burn 4000 calories

Also, non computer hobbies can lead to meeting people, instant rapport because you all love the same thing
>>
fishing.it's comfy as fuck
>>
>>25539632
>stimulants
>gym
fucking normie
>>
>>25539598
Yea, same here. I finished whole detailed guides for c++ and Java but I don't have any great ideas to implement with them. At least it killed some boredom though.

If I were you I'd keep going with the guitar at least try, I'm making some headway with piano and I sort of get some enjoyment out of it.
>>
File: file.png (50 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
file.png
50 KB, 1280x800
>>25539457

Start reading.
It's not only cheap (if not free), but also relatively easy to pick up, compared to other hobbied.
>>
>>25539457
tech decks were so cool back then

i remember i could do a olly kickflip with my thumb and index finger
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.