[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop being a reddit fag? Someone please convince me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3
File: Reddit.jpg (151 KB, 1200x627) Image search: [Google]
Reddit.jpg
151 KB, 1200x627
How do I stop being a reddit fag?
Someone please convince me to delete my account. I hate that place and every shitty opinion that comes from it but I just can't stop using it.
>>
>>25532443
Just use Voat instead.
>>
the only good subs there are the ones that aren't filled with normies, which is like 5%. do you really want to be part of a website that you only enjoy 5% of? delete that shit already
>>
I don't even get how you can get into that site. I've tried many times and could never spend more than an afternoon.
>>
>>25532443
Just look at the subs that mark how much is censored. You'll get turned off faster than me looking at a fatty.

>>25532464
Also this.
>>
>>25532464
People still use that? I remember everyone saying it would kill reddit when the fatphobia shit happened then nothing came of it.
>>
>>25532533
It's not as big as it used to be. But that's what makes it good, your comments don't get buried.
>>
>>25532443
I follow tech related subs for much job. But since the rampant censorship, I've been going back to 4chan more.

I want my opinions to be edgy and unfiltered goddammit! None of this "You disagreed with me!? Downvote!"
>>
>>25532443
maybe you should just stick with reddit and fuck off.

dont want to lose your karma, bro.
>>
>>25532464
https://sli.mg/KyEp9V

They kind of have laughable numbers compared to reddit, but that is to be expected.

I wonder what 4chan's is. Is there a way to see the overall traffic of 4chan? And then compare how large the boards are.

I'd like to see how many people lurk and post in /b/ compared to other boards.
>>
>>25532654
/b/ is 60% of 4chan's total activity

idk about any other numbers tho
>>
>>25532693
That's really sad. I wish people would appreciate the actual content on other boards. /diy/, /o/. /mu/ and /tv/ need more varying tastes too.
>>
>>25532782
I tried /mu/ and /tv/, but it seemed like a hive of shitposting and only liking things if they were not well known. The only place that has better discussion than /r9k/ is the other chan and wizchan, which is pretty sad when you think about it.

Unless you know other boards similar to this but with less shitposting.
>>
>>25532820
420chan is pretty comfy
>>
>>25532884
unless you say something kirts gf doesnt like in which case have fun resetting your router constantly or sucking clit on irc.
>>
>>25532568
funny because you still sound exactly like a redditor
>>
there's absolutely no merit in the idea of majority rule and it doesn't even exist in the first place
>>
>>25533137
>I remember 4chans 4th birthday
>called a redditor
>>
>>25533466
Where did I say that the participation of either site had to be mutually exclusive? Literally all I said was that you sound like one, and you still do, even your greentexting is reddit.
>>
>>25532568
>I've been going back to 4chan more.

Why the fuck did you leave in the first place?

You sound like the cheating type.
>>
>trying to earn good boy internetpoints while lieing your heart out
>catering to ppl who you will never meet, half of them make shit up and lie about themselfs

everything there is dishonest, dont you have that enough around you in the real world
>>
>use 4chan from 2007-2011
>discover Reddit in 2011
>constantly downvoted
>use small subreddit to trade
>bot deleted post for not using flair
>put on flair and try again
>bot deleted post for forgetting tag
>add title tag
>mod complains I fucked up too much
>bans me for spamming
>slink back to 4chan
Reddit is hard.
>>
I admit I have laughed at many of the comments on Reddit because they can be pretty witty, but at the same time it's also part of the reason I hate the site.
Everyone tries to be a comedian so they can get upvotes and good karma. People there don't say their real opinions because they're afraid their comments will get buried with downvotes. It's a stupid censorship site where nothing but what the hivemind thinks gets shown and promoted.
Most 4chan boards can be pretty hivemind-y too, but the difference here is that ALL posts are shown, regardless of whether you agree with them or not. You can post your real opinion and all anyone can do about it is call you a faggot or to kill yourself. I can live with that better than knowing my post has 90 downvotes because the majority don't agree with me. Fuck that system.
>>
>>25535024

You should go back there again.

It's apparent you like Reddit more than 4chan if you left in the first place. You should fuck off again.
>>
>>25532443
Why would you want to stop? Reddit has better content than this shitpile of a website.
>>
>>25535079
because I used Reddit for two weeks?
>>
Both sites have their pros and cons. I know it's traditional to hate Leddit here and traditional over there to simultaneously fear and yet giggle like an amarous schoolgirl over "those bad boys over on /b/", but this is the reality of the two sites:

Reddit filters out more pure rubbish but at the cost of being safe and boring

4chan has no filter, which means more garbage but also more edge and honesty

That's it.
>>
File: 1439028230201.jpg (36 KB, 360x400) Image search: [Google]
1439028230201.jpg
36 KB, 360x400
Start making unpopular opinions. Everyone will hate you and you'll want to leave on your own accord
>>
Please don't quit, op. You are forever a worthless faggot. Instead of quitting I suggest you go back where you belong and stay there.
>>
>>25532443
Watch this. You don't want to be associated with these people

https://streamable.com/ollz
>>
>>25535095

Your reasons for being a retarded faggot don't matter, just go be a faggot elsewhere.
>>
>>25535150
Actually trolling Reddit can be pretty fun. Because so many people self-censor over there, posting /pol/-style usually results in people replying (literally) with "Wow" or "I don't even know what to say" or "It's [current year]"

You can play Plebbitards like a piano essentially.
>>
>>25532443
>Delete your account
>No more tired pun threads
>No more endless repetition of the same memes and having jokes beaten into the ground
>No more censorship of anything conservative
>No more mods deleting entire threads of comments and banning users over anything vaguely controversial or against the hivemind
>No more tumblr SJW horseshit
>No more getting terrible default subs shoved down your throat
Good riddance.
>>
>>25535168

Is that what the average reddit user looks like?

Fucking normies.
>>
>>25535205

Instead we can have that cancer here, great idea friend.

Hear that reddits? You should all come here and make our site just as shitty as yours!
>>
File: reddit meetup.jpg (743 KB, 3068x1444) Image search: [Google]
reddit meetup.jpg
743 KB, 3068x1444
lul
this is a very original comment
>>
>>25535179
I'm just female, retarded is normal.
>>
>>25535239
They already did that, /r9k/ is reddit the board. Lots of redpill logic on reddit and they migrate here as sjws take over and they see posts on r/4chan.
>>
>>25532464

The only worthwhile thing on Reddit was FatPeopleHate, but ever since that shithole become full-on SJW, there's no reason to go there. Voat is pretty decent so far though, at least because they have FPH there.
>>
>>25532443
>>25535205

>implying this place isn't a hive mind
>implying different opinions aren't aggressively crushed here
>>
>>25532443
I used to browse reddit, one day several months back I just decided I wasn't going to use /visit it under any circumstances. Idk what advice to give you can just stop at any time.
>>
>>25532464
Voat is a literal reddit copy with an even more retarded userbase
>>
>>25535360

Yeah, and what can they do about it? Call you a faggot? Tell you to kill yourself? Who cares. Grow some thick skin or leave.
>>
>>25535360
You have to pretend that there's absolutely no decent content on reddit and apparently 4chan has all the content you need.

If only people went to oochan.
>>
>>25535422

4x2chan has potential for sure. I do wish it was used more than it does, but at the same time 4chan already has all the topics I'm interested in, so there's no point.
>>
>>25535468
Just hope you never have to trade or play MMOs with someone on /vg/ in the future.
>>
>>25532443

I dont get this. Reddit is ok when used for Reddit things. Reddit is cancer if you use it for *inhale*

LE DANK MEMES

I only use it for game related questions and trolling on Q&A's thats about it. Everything else is ether boring or cancer.
>>
>>25535517

I dont get your point?

I dont play online games, let alone MMOs though.
>>
>>25532443
>I hate that place and every shitty opinion that comes from it but I just can't stop using it.

I feel the same way about 4chan. I don't know whether people that come to most of these boards have a double-digit IQ so that you have to explain the most basic, obvious shit to them, or they are just pretending. At least leddit has some useful information sometimes, like the FAQ on the fitness subreddit. Comparatively the 4chan fitness board is just a sea of shitposting. My advice is to visit a subreddit based on your actual interests or a tangible and measurable skill, not something about political opinions. Ignore what you hate, focus on what drives you.
>>
>>25532820
/his/ is pretty nice if you're into history. There's some shitposting and bait but cmn this is 4chan.
>>
cripple chan /improve/ board is a pretty good one, but it's very slow.
>>
>>25532603
True that karma has even more powerfull abilities that meme-magic. For instance you could put it on your resume to show off how social you are.
>>
>>25535082
Reddit takes all the best of all the internet including 4chan. The day 4chan and other internet stop making OC is the day reddit dies too
>>
>>25532782
/o/, /mu/ and /tv/ are all fag boards tho. biz is better
>>
>>25535391
It's literally /pol/ without shitposting, bait and hard discussion.
>>
>>25536014
>literally /pol/
You're not doing it any service here
>>
>>25532443
>Be a Muslim
>See the fedora hate against Muslims
>Leave
>>
>>25535468
But 2^3chan is just reddit without the reddit ranking algorithm...
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.