[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sometimes I'm really looking to call something "a meme"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 514x536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 514x536
Sometimes I'm really looking to call something "a meme" in real life sarcastically, as in something that is overplayed and not to be taken seriously and has little truth. What word can I use instead?

17th poster ITT will get laid this year.
>>
can you use it in a sentence.
>>
>>25524092
>that's just a [meme], it's not to be taken seriously
>could you please stop this [meme]
>nice [meme]

as I've said its used to point out an overplayed joke or thing. Meme haircuts would be manbun for example.
>>
>>25524192
just use the word "joke". it doesn't have the exact same connotations as meme but for normies it'll do

in the case of manbuns and shit you can just attribute all that shit to hipsters
>>
>>25524224
"could you please stop this [joke]" makes it sounds as if it's serious and not sarcastic. it sounds stiff as fuck.
>>
>>25524059
Are you so far gone you forgot the word "joke"
>>
>>25524265
nah man i feel u i feel u

you could just say "dumb shit"

> that's just dumb shit

> could you please stop this dumb shit
>>
>>25524059
I say "cultural meme". I'm not totally sure that normalfags get what I mean though
>>
Do you retards know what the word meme means?
It's not a fucking internet abbreviation
Just say meme
>>
File: JEt9ZUj.png (117 KB, 320x263) Image search: [Google]
JEt9ZUj.png
117 KB, 320x263
>>25524490
>It's not a fucking internet abbreviation
>>
>>25524490
>It's not a fucking internet abbreviation

Wow, you are a complete faggot
>>
>>25524590
>>25524639

Meme was coined by the often controversial evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins in his 1976 book, The Selfish Gene. In it, he states the followingWe need a name for the new replicator, a noun that conveys the idea of a unit of cultural transmission, or a unit of imitation.

Literally retards and underage fucks can't into google.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.