[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I achieve a sense of purpose?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1450188601039.png (46 KB, 736x736) Image search: [Google]
1450188601039.png
46 KB, 736x736
How do I achieve a sense of purpose?
>>
become a dad
>>
L S D
S
D
>>
do art
>>
>>25520856
why is acid so rare in europe? i can get any non-psychedelic in just a few phone calls but no one's even heard of a regular acid dealer.
>>
where is the OP image from?

i used to think it was from an album cover, but then somebody posted an archived "news story" where it was said to be some sketch of a robber
>>
>>25520856
Took 1200 ug LSD this summer, it was amazing, in retrospect.
At the peak of my high I was literally in a world of fractals, everything, it was like I was in a PC.
Shortly after the fractals began to subside I thought the nature of the universe had changed. I remembered hearing about some guy who suspected that whenever the reason for the universe is found, it disappears, and I fucking thought thats what happened. I thought I was dead.
Lots of crying.
I regret not taking the time to read the words that were racing across the walls. Wonder what they said.
Also pizza was so fucking amazing on it, I felt like I was transported to a volcano with each bite.
As for long-term effects, I am somewhat triggered by hacking sequences and the rapid flow of binary numbers. Also, and this is somewhat controversial on Reddit, I understood the role of the self in the universe, the conscious self is fundamental. All physical objects are only made real in their manifestation as qualia.
The self is absolutely fundamental, and cannot be accounted for by anything else. I cannot conceive of a world without a self.
I realize though that this is, far from being ecocentric, the unfolding of the personal ego. It is more accurate to say that the I and the world is all in all, as opposed to I am the world, or the world is me.
In any case, I guess I sort of found meaning.
>>
>>25520925
Everyone's scared of it so it's not worth dealing.
>>
>>25521027
m8 at the rate i've run into coke and ketamines that's got to be the dumbest reason i've ever heard if it's the truth. half of everyone's filling their noses with more dangerous substances than fucking acid.
>>
>>25520806
Find something you enjoy doing, and dedicate your life to it?
>>
>>25521166
But I enjoy sucking dick :(?
>>
>>25521177

Then make it your life's mission to suck as much dick as possible.
>>
>>25521224
Thank you for your advice. Im buying kneepads as we speak.
>>
I spent years trying to find a purpose for myself.

I switched fields to hard science and made it my purpose to discover something new, to help in advancing the human race, however little.

It sounds kinda stupid.

But life is much better when you have a purpose.
>>
File: ¦3erry merry xmas fram xfag.png (3 KB, 49x49) Image search: [Google]
¦3erry merry xmas fram xfag.png
3 KB, 49x49
hey OP, are you an atheist?

if so, you view the universe as an event of random chance, mindless matter acting on the impetus of mere physics, not having any meaning in the act of creation, and as it devolves to entropy; going into the null with similar meaninglessness

this would colour your whole worldview and give you no reason to do anything

so short answer: you don't

merry christmas
>>
Jeremiah?
identityblox
>>
>>25521166
>Find something you enjoy doing
this is fucking impossible senpai
>>
File: thin chin new years.jpg (76 KB, 603x600) Image search: [Google]
thin chin new years.jpg
76 KB, 603x600
>>25521695
fake christ fag
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.