[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how does one find a reason to get up in the morning? besides
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: jwoqTFrl.jpg (46 KB, 552x640) Image search: [Google]
jwoqTFrl.jpg
46 KB, 552x640
how does one find a reason to get up in the morning?
besides the obvious:
>have to piss
>hungry
>can't fall back asleep
>have to go to work to afford food/rent
>have to go to class

seems to me like if you can't get a gf then there's really nothing worth living for

it's just too easy to obtain food and shelter and some basic distraction to help the time fly by.
>>
File: 1446976834996.jpg (24 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
1446976834996.jpg
24 KB, 399x388
>>25516313
Lol epic meme bro! Haha forever alone right?

fuck off back to reddit you scum
>>
>>25516313
>it's just too easy to obtain food and shelter
I don't know about that. Work is a constant struggle for me. Not just the labour but navigating through work relationships is fucked. Actually, work would be fine if I didn't have to have co workers. That would be a dream.
>>
>>25516313
>obsessing over meme genders
>>
>>25516378
op here
i make websites and manage mysql databases. some days i dont even say a word, the only person i ever talk to really is my boss and that's to get assignments
i only make $15/hr but it's enough to afford rent ($400/mo), gas, and food. i don't know what else to buy except drugs and luckily my favorite drug is very cheap and only costs me like $2 a day.
>>
If there's no drugs to wake up to I'd rather just sleep through the day.
Ironically it's also drugs that make me sleep through the day (sleeping pills)
>>
>>25516426
That is actually what I'm trying to get for myself. Small steps with coding on khan academy etc, but hopefully one day I'll get there.
>>
>>25516313
> forever alone
Go the fuck back to 9gag and kill yourself you underage fag.
>>
>>25516455
yeah i mean work could be a lot worse if i had a different job but it's not enjoyable and i don't know what to do with my money besides food, rent, gas, and drugs
>>
<------- Reddits that way
>>
Yea, I feel like that sometimes. But, it's a bit of a false feeling, you're being lulled into complacency. As time goes on, if you stay in the 20-something mindset of just getting your bills paid and blowing your money, it'll catch up to you quick.

Before you know it, you'll be getting a different car every year, going on holidays, etc. and the credit card bills will start stacking up and you'll struggle to pay them. Add to that a car payment, mortgage, etc. it all will add up. And, oh, you'll be in your 40s with only about 10 good years of work left and 20 years worth of debt to get rid of.

Seen it before, don't go down that road. Save, invest, work on your career and get yourself financially free.
>>
>>25516844
but i hate driving and i especially hate travelling. i wouldnt buy a new car if mine broke and i wouldnt go on vacation unless i had a gf to take with me
>>
>>25516971
>wouldn't buy a new car if mine broke
unless mine broke***
>>
>>25516971
Missed my point. It's really easy to get into the habit of spending money, especially recurring bills and debt usage. And, as you said, once you get a gf, your expenses will shoot up too, with gifts, trips, etc.

I'm not saying to avoid a partner, but play the long game and start your nest egg early. There's literally no reason not to. Google "mr money moustache" for more info.
>>
>>25517055
i obviously want more money. i just find it very difficult to find the motivation to make more since my current job is so comfy and my expenses are very low, mainly just food and rent
>>
>>25517150
So, you're focusing on saving and learning about how to invest your money for the long-term them? If so, then you're doing fine.
>>
>>25517192
no, i'm just slowly accumulating money (i only make $15/hr and work like 6hr days) and spending my free time lifting, eating, sleeping, and shitposting

there's nothing to invest my small amount of money on, and even if i did have more it would only be useful for earlier retirement. i literally have been employed for a year and a half, i am 22yo with my first job i shouldn't be thinking about retirement
>>
>>25517275
You couldn't be more wrong. Starting early is the best way to ensure a more prosperous future, especially for lower-earning people. And you can start investing with as little as a few thousand dollars - Vanguard's minimum is I think $3k.

But, it's up to you. Just read up a little on it, there's literally no reason not to. Ok, done preaching. :)
>>
>>25517371
so i can retire a few years early and sit in my room all day alone?

if i had something to look forward to i wouldn't be so unmotivated. that's really the issue here desu. i would rather lay in bed 2 extra hours than get up and go to work early
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.