[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a reason for an infertile, inept man to put effort in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: dostoevsky-crop.jpg (49 KB, 305x385) Image search: [Google]
dostoevsky-crop.jpg
49 KB, 305x385
Is there a reason for an infertile, inept man to put effort in anything he does, or even continue living?
>>
The akmighty God
>>
>>25512875
That would be for that man to decide, wouldn't it? Even the most capable of people can only derive value from life if they themselves feel like they're worth something.

Or you can look at things this way: you're infertile so you can fug a bunch of women no condor.
>>
>>25512917
>Or you can look at things this way: you're infertile so you can fug a bunch of women no condor.

Oh y-yeah, never thought about that..
>>
File: aSzcF8BtDms.jpg (144 KB, 528x680) Image search: [Google]
aSzcF8BtDms.jpg
144 KB, 528x680
Kind of.

When a person dies then that's it. They stop existing, no regrets, no relief, nothing.

What good about human is our self awareness, we have quite a lot of emotions, can experience a whole lot and can understand so much from history.

For me the reason to live is to experience, the good and bad since life is dualistic, as well as to learn from history and philosophy so to gain new insight, a new mindset which keeps shifting and refreshing my view on life.

If anything matters, it's the experience, the moment you are in, for that's all that can ever exist.

I'm not saying #YOLO, living hedonistically doesn't make you better, happier or more stable, but figuring out things helps time move along in a fun way.
>>
>>25512943
As I grow older I experience and feel less and less, these past several years as far as I'm concerned have been nothing but sterile rooms under fluorescent lights and the only times I ever feel like I experience anything are when I'm away from the daily grind and can feel the sun and the air around me, but even then all that these do is make me reminisce the summer days of my youth when I felt like the world had purpose and that I had my own path in it.
>>
File: 1Aisx4UAnVk.jpg (70 KB, 575x480) Image search: [Google]
1Aisx4UAnVk.jpg
70 KB, 575x480
>>25513028
I'll assume you're stagnating. Not much is changing in your life, on top of the problems which you might have in your life it is also safer to stay in the place you are, not moving.

I'm 24 and lost almost all feels, but feel overall good sometimes. Not happy, excited, but just good.

I've done a lot of reading after my last suicide attempt. Reading philosophy, listening to talks and researching spirituality really changed my mindset. I'm still not out of the hole I've dug for over a decade but the mindset is definitely shifting me and my personality.

My only advice to anyone thinking of ending it all (which I don't disagree with or object) is never force yourself to enjoy something, never stay in the same spot, develop and move on instead.
Also your mindset is the key (not changing yourself and becoming someone else). Learning to simply life, and I mean really just living, nothing more nothing less, let your heart beat, breathe, just exist, will help in some case. There's nothing great out there, the mental problems stems from the ego. Let go, live, do.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.