[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there such a thing as having fake memories? As in remembering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (282 KB, 1126x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
282 KB, 1126x1000
Is there such a thing as having fake memories? As in remembering things that didn't even happen at all?
>play pic related
>Ryo and his Father had a good relationship
>think of any Father and our relationship
>it was just like Ryo's
>oh wait no it wasn't
>my Father was absent for most of my childhood and I grew up disliking him, and I didn't like my father until after my parents had gotten a divorce
And even before this
>back in HS
>watch anime and play Vidya dealing with THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP
>think of all my friends and how we could go on a FRIENDSHIP journey too
>oh wait no we couldn't my "friends" all treat me like shit and keep me around for free entertainment
So what is it about Vidya and Anime that make people reminisce over things that just didn't happen? Am I the only one who does this? Project personalities and traits onto people who never displayed those types of characteristics?
>>
>>25512659
thats perfectly normal i think

when i was a kid i did the same thing with nickelodeon shows
>>
>>25512659
>any Father
Fuck, I meant MY Father
>>
File: 1XQ5uiwXXZM.jpg (90 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1XQ5uiwXXZM.jpg
90 KB, 600x800
Started happening to me in the last few years.

Due to being alone my whole life I think out conversations in my head so to be prepared for everything, as well as to argue with myself.

I was so shut off at one point that I started remembering the conversations I've had with myself instead of what actually happened. Thought a family member lost a job once when in reality it was all in my head.
>>
>>25512659
>Is there such a thing as having fake memories?
why don't you try searching google for "false memories" or "memory implants". it's very commonly studied thing. there's this one woman scientist whose name I cant remember who did fascinating work with sex abusr cases but her work was shut down as unethical as she did really make people believe they had been molested as kids
>>
File: nichijou_gondola.jpg (596 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
nichijou_gondola.jpg
596 KB, 1920x1080
>>25512659
Yes OP fake memories are a thing, often you'll experience deja vu of things you've never done, because your brain tries to find links between stuff you see, know and hear etc. And will sometimes make up feasible memories to fill the gaps.

However your situation sounds more like wishful thinking than fake memories
>>
File: Filled.png (136 KB, 1274x370) Image search: [Google]
Filled.png
136 KB, 1274x370
"My mind is filled with stories that never happened"

Don't dwell on illusions.
>>
Fake memories can be as rewarding as real memories provided you don't allow them to dictate action.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.