[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /r9k/ think of Rey/Daisy Ridley?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8
File: swallowfu.jpg (239 KB, 893x1000) Image search: [Google]
swallowfu.jpg
239 KB, 893x1000
What does /r9k/ think of Rey/Daisy Ridley?
>>
she and jar jar Abrams ruined star wars, I'm done with the franchise.
>>
I'm hoping she's some force jesus baby like Anakin and not a mary sue because stronk innie pendant womyn are fashionable.
>>
>>25512293
>>25512293
>a mary sue because stronk innie pendant womyn are fashionable.
search your feeling anon, you know it to be true.
>>
>>25512240

Left is too jewish, right is too mannish.

Middle is cute even if she is jewish.
>>
She's some crappy disney character. Everyone compliments her character but only idiots are like her. Kylo ren is great, because even though everyone complains about him I feel like we need more edgelord teenagers to make fun of. They're an underrepresented minority that deserves more insults.
>>
>>25512254
because of this movie I vow never to watch anything involving Daisy Ridley or J.J Abrams ever again.
>>
>>25512350
But JJ abrams is great at making star wars. He made 2 already before this one. They just had star trek characters.
>>
>>25512359
Those sucked ass but I let it go because I was a Picard man.
>>
>>25512240
Daisy Ridley was a qt in force awakens, and anyone who didn't like the movie is a dummyhead
>>
File: stronk.jpg (174 KB, 960x926) Image search: [Google]
stronk.jpg
174 KB, 960x926
>>25512305

Lord of the SIWs (stronk independent woman)
>>
File: breitbart.jpg (1 MB, 1400x2305) Image search: [Google]
breitbart.jpg
1 MB, 1400x2305
>>25512387
>Daisy Ridley was a qt in force awakens, and anyone who didn't like the movie is a dummyhead

Meh qt. Movie sucked.
>>
>>25512240
Padme is still the best

leia looks has an ugly horse face. I don't know what orginal Trilogy fags saw in her.

Rey looks like an alien human hybrid
>>
File: tr8r.jpg (69 KB, 529x712) Image search: [Google]
tr8r.jpg
69 KB, 529x712
>>25512240
who needs rey when you have the loyal one
>>
The movie was awful, the plotline was so weak. I understand it was meant to be a "remake" of A New Hope, but that is so lazy and easy. Abrams took the easy way out. Casting a black guy was fresh though, didn't mind that. But casting an "independent woman" in Rey? Fuck off with this SJW bullshit seeping into Hollywood
>>
>>25512422
1)"People liked it so it must be a conspiracy instead of me saying it's bad to be edgy"

2)just sounds like he's jaded as fuck. The whole "innately good at something they never did before" is how like 90% of every male protag is, unless it's some Rocky-type story.

3)Considering its the first in a new story arc I have no problem with the "Its the death star but bigger" thing. It used a fucking sun as energy that's more badass than the original death star.

4)okay this guy has to be just trolling

5) Literally wut? Does he not realize humans age?

6)Only thing I agree on here

7 8) Not gonna dignify those with a response

9)Agree they could have done better with Finn but he wasn't terrible. The ENTIRE point of his character is he's essentially new to the entire galaxy. He was a storm trooper since birth, the guy can't even understand droid beeps

All in all, this guy just sounds like he'd be an anon on this board. This is what came across my mind when I finished reading https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MRmxfLuNto
>>
>>25512585
>meant to be a "remake" of A New Hope
then why not ACTUALLY make a remake , that way you dont have to rely on the old actors anymore.
>>
>>25512608

i hope you intended this to sound as desperate and butthurt as it reads

so when did you come here from reddit? new year?
>>
>>25512628
>then why not ACTUALLY make a remake

Of a new hope? Why are you fixing something that isn't broke? The prequels are the shit ones. Force Awakens was just trying to reuse the original Star Wars idiology
>>
>>25512628
A "NEW" Star Wars film will sell better than a "REMAKE".
In any case, no one would allow Disney to make a remake. It'd be ruining Star Wars.
>>
>>25512240
She was a horrible actor, wasn't relatable, they had to slap you with a flashback to make her seem like she had more emotion, then niggape who was raised to be a soulless monster. She's cute, and she's going to have unlimited power as shes a womunnnnn in a nerdy universe. White knights and "gamer gurls" will flock to her like beetles on shit. She's a better looking Kirsten Stewart, unfortunately in a franchise some of us loved.
>>
It's really sad that the prequels have set the bar so low a barely acceptable movie gets so much praise.
>>
>>25512833
>It'd be ruining Star Wars.
but they already did that
>>
>>25512854
I actually like the prequels more than this
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
Who was more of a bitch?

Kylo Ren or young adult anakin Skywalker?

I'd say Kylo
>>
They'd all get fucked for sure, but Daisy looks like that kind of girl you can have super hot filthy sweaty sex with. She'd look good sucking cock, better than the others anyway.
>>
>>25512879
Then you must be mentally challenged
>>
Fisher > Portman > shit > new whore
>>
>>25512954
nope, I just happened to not be a paid shill.
>>
>>25512727
Why, does it sound butthurt? I'm critiquing a critique(if you can even call it that) in the same fashion the critic judged the movie.

The fuck does reddit have to do with anything?
>>
>>25512951
I dont think I can sexualize this woman,
I see her and all I can think about is her ruining a franchise that was near and dear to me. I can only feel resentment toward her now, nothing else.
>>
>>25512974
>shilling for Jeworge Lucas is somehow better than shilling for Jew Jew Abrams
>>
>>25512989
Not even a hatefuck man?

C'mon now.
>>
>>25512931
Vader actually had a reason to be pissed. Kyle was upset that his dad didn't talk to him enough.
>>
>>25512954
They went for different audiences. After we saw Jarjar we knew what kind of film and trilogy it would be, a shill for kids, that parents who enjoyed the SW universe could take there kids to see. It wasn't good but it had an audience. This piece of shit tried to throw in a few old characters, an edgy feminista, a black guy, and have a few similar scenes to ep 4 to try and win everyone over. It's a big pile of shit, which while I enjoyed more then the prequels, is still worse.
>>
>>25512997
lucas doesn't own star wars anymore you retard.
>>
>>25512982
did sound a little butthurt(offended) in your response tbqh my family
>>
>>25512997
>George Lucas

>Jewish

>>25513022
He's name is still on it and still gets money from it
>>
>>25512585
More like a parody. Not a remake.
>>
>>25513020
How is it worse exactly?
It had a plot that makes sense, characters that actually acted and didn't just read lines off a script a 5 year old could have written, it doesn't look like a shitty videogame.
Seems to me like you're just an angry /pol/ack who can't see anything but SJW and evil niggers everywhere.
>>
>>25512954
At the very least, the prequels had their own story (not just A New Hope rehashed) and original character design. Kylo is the most unique thing in the movie and he's basically just revan with a wacky lightsaber.
>>
>>25513099
>and still gets money from it
no he doesn't , Disney owns the entire Star Wars IP now.
>>
>>25513112
>How is it worse exactly?
the characters are unlikable, the pacing is awkward, the battles are underwhelming, the villain is boring, the story is uninspired and worst of all the musical score is just plain dull.
>>
>>25513112
It had a plot that made sense because it was Ep4 with a bigger death star and worse actors. Kylo shows off a trick in the first 5 minutes he seems to forget for the rest of the movie. Some grill who's had a hard life :(:( shows little to no emotion, gets a little ball friend, somehow learns Jedi Tricks by her self and we're slapped with a flashback to give her any sort of discernible character. Negro was a black JarJar, there to make witty puns and comments to make children laugh. Kylo was the only one who seemed semi serious about his role as a baby who forgets everything useful in a meaningful battle.

It was god damn awful, and it pretended to be good. Atleast the prequels didn't pretend to be anything but the childish films it ended up being.
>>
>>25513083
I guess.

Just kinda perplexed on how hard the "Muh SJWs" meme hit some of these kids. Literally nothing separates this protag from a majority of males ones besides gender.
>>
>>25513184
Rey is basically if Anakin from episode 1 fought with darth maul and won
>>
>>25513184
I think they are comparing her journey with luke's journey and not other male characters from other films
>>
>>25513171
>Kylo was the only one who seemed semi serious about his role as a baby who forgets everything useful in a meaningful battle.

Kylo was way worst. Rei was showing determination and rage because she worked as a slave and believed in herself as something more. Kylo, for some reason, suddenly turns evil who acted he was so powerful than he really was.
>>
File: malebrainfemalbrain.jpg (80 KB, 870x413) Image search: [Google]
malebrainfemalbrain.jpg
80 KB, 870x413
>>25513242

So much fucking this. And then some fags would defend it with "Well, yeah he had a lot of midi-chlorians so it all makes sense", just like defend Rey now.
>>
>>25513287
Because thats what the script had on it. Both of them were given there roles, I just feel Rei underperformed horribly.
>>
>>25512998
>hatefuck
I aint into that shit
>>
>>25513242
>>25513286

Is Kylo really at the skill level of Darth Maul? The guy was still even conflicting on being sith or not. I mean most of what happened was just her having a stronger innate connection to the force at first(blocked the mind reading, mind control)

The fighting prowess can be explain by the fact that she probably used that Bo she carried around, even if she didn't use it during the film. And the flight and mechanic know-how can be explained by the years of salvaging she's done since she was a little kid.
>>
>>25513545
>Is Kylo really at the skill level of Darth Maul?
he stopped a freaking shot in mid air
>>
>>25515157
Okay? When I say skill level I mean in terms of swordsmanship,(Kylo was injured already, and just killed his father)

Rey has a stronger base connection to the force. Shown through blocking mind reading, mind controlling the guard, and calling the light saber to her. So if you assume she had some level of combat training with the staff she was carrying around it's not absurd that she won.

I wouldn't be surprised if to be "cool" the writers or whatever decide not to give her luke's light saber and instead give her her own double bladed one.
>>
File: 1442783386083.gif (208 KB, 312x322) Image search: [Google]
1442783386083.gif
208 KB, 312x322
>>25512377
Muh nigga

oregano
>>
>>25512509
Fuck davon collins in his ugly nigger ass. He looks like a fucking fish
>>
>>25512240
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3YcCLaTnBE&list=PLWKXJQUwVcfexiFdxZDrFGCx7RGbsuQUV&index=2

Don't really give a shit about her, but I love her theme song. This is now my theme song.

Waiting for my real family to save me senpai
>>
she id pretty but she has a big mouth and head
>>
File: ducks-as-pets.jpg (282 KB, 740x401) Image search: [Google]
ducks-as-pets.jpg
282 KB, 740x401
While I agree in principle that this is a bone thrown to the people who eat this shit up, as far as women go Rey herself is not so bad.
>>
>>25512240
Super boring and stole all of the screen time from Finn and Po.
>>
>>25515548
don't worry, I bet that since Rey left Finn to recover at rebel base, he and Poe will be able to catch up in the next movie and maybe they will go on some kind of mini adventure together filled with buddy-cop quips topped off with a bro-op action escape scene
I'm hoping for a good third of the next movie to be about them trying to catch up or find Rey as she does her training with Luke

It would be the ultimate twist if at the climax of the 2nd movie
Snoke lures Rey to the dark side because of obviously tremendous potential, and uses the fact that her father Luke abandoned her on Jakku for no reason to turn her over. Then Snoke and Rey turn on Kylo or something and he is left for dead but is rescued by Luke, Poe, and/or Finn. Then the last movie of the trilogy is a complete 180 as Kylo is on a path of redemption while Rey becomes absurdly powerful with the dark side with a climactic showdown between Kylo and Luke vs. Snoke and Rey.
They settle it with a 30 minute duel with over-the-top dance-like lightsaber choreography with Finn and Poe in the background eating space popcorn or something
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.