[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else have parents who love to shame and guilt-trip
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
Does anyone else have parents who love to shame and guilt-trip their children?

I've got a cold today and asked my dad if he can drive me down to mcdonalds because I haven't eaten. (it's a 3 minute drive). His reply is that he would physically walk down and buy me food but and I quote he said he "May not make it back" because he has a stomach bug and wasn't feeling good. I then suggested if I can borrow his car to drive myself down and he screamed "NO I'M WALKING DOWN". I went into my room and closed my door and he asked through the door "What do you want?" I said forget about it, he then replied "Don't be an asshole".

What the fuck is wrong with this guy?
>>
I'd bet everyone with single mothers experiences this. Women aren't capable of actually punishing or reinforcing positive behavior so this kind of thing happens all the time.
>>
>>25507805
True that. I think what disturbed me the most is how catty and effeminate his reaction was.
>>
>>25507732
Yea I guess in his mind he's just trying to teach you something or make you feel bad on purpose while still showing he cares about you. It's childish honestly but I don't think he realizes it it's not gonna change until he realizes it and he's not gonna realize it until something happens I suggest moving away for a lil
>>
>>25507805
Had/have a single mother, she does this all the time, most recently she has been guilt-tripping me into spend more time with her and her friends because one of her friends has like really bad cancer and she always guilts me with bullshit like "we may not ever get to spend time with her again, we have to make what moments we have count" and shit like that.
>>
>>25507732
NEET, the post.
>>
>>25507732
Constantly.

>>25510083
>>25507805
My parents are together after some thirty years and they both do this, mom and dad.
>>
he didn't want you to use his car? why
>>
>>25507732
>not having ample tendy and ramen reserves
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.