[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone give me a hint on where to start on guitar music theory?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1440730360334.jpg (14 KB, 181x156) Image search: [Google]
1440730360334.jpg
14 KB, 181x156
Can anyone give me a hint on where to start on guitar music theory?

Ive got a good fretting and picking technique and can play rather well, though i dont know how to apply those skills other than playing already composed songs, i wanna start making my own music but i have very meager knowledge of theory.

So /guitarbots/ where should i start?

Also, general guitar thread
>>
>tfw you can compose music but don't have the patience to play faggy instruments for stacy's attention
>will forever be an ideas cuck
>>
I know this is cliche, but weed really helps me be creative. Though I can't smoke any more because it brings out the mental illness in me that I won't discuss.

As far writing your own stuff. Create a vocal melody in your head, like a chorus or a verse that you think sounds cool, write the words down and then play guitar along with it.
>>
>>25505773
You don't NEED theory to write your own music. Sure, it helps, but if you've got the tech you said, just start writing.
>>
>>25505846

>Weed helps to you be creative

Nigga weed makes you stupid and any piece you make while high is a mastepiece
>>
>>25505773
I've written a few songs just using 1-4-5 chord progression, but you probably know about that. Most songs use that progression tho.
>>
just google it idiot

there's plenty of youtube channels and other sources that discuss this
>>
>>25505877
I dk breh. I get paranoid and spaced out yet locked inside my autism bubble when high. So when I pick up a guitar it's like an escape from that negativity and I always come up with something new.
>>
>>25505773
I haven't been playing guitar very long, like a year or so, and I don't really have great technique or great knowledge of theory but I've made up several of my own songs.

I just zone out and play random chords and shit till I stumble on something that sounds good. It's really not that hard. Just go. Do it. Do stuff till it sounds good.
>>
Don't listen to the weed guy. All the greats did opiates and stims, you should too OP. Opiates kill the pain so you can write silly love songs and pretend to be happy on stage, stims give you creativity and the drive to work on billions of songs. Hell, do a few speedballs and get the most out of both.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.