[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who here always listening to music i never want to be in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8
File: 1451605112113.png (141 KB, 381x396) Image search: [Google]
1451605112113.png
141 KB, 381x396
who here always listening to music

i never want to be in the real world. always escaping
>>
>>25505405
To be honest, when I lost my mobile player, I think I miss my meticulously designed directory/file naming scheme on it more than the music itself.

I even wrote utilities for it. A x/y grid generator, a top/bottom playlist generator which extracted ratings from the extended cue file format I designed as well.

I also subdivided all suites in it into parts, took care to find the best album art (had a separate script to resize it), saved URLs with official sources of lyrics, saved the release (e.g. remaster) info, and so on.
>>
I'm always playing music, podcasts, ASMR, anything. Background noise.

I can't stand silence anymore. Silence means I have to be alone with my thoughts.
>>
I just want to smoke weed read listen to music and die
>>
>>25505554
damn bro i feel you.
>>
File: image.png (14 KB, 178x178) Image search: [Google]
image.png
14 KB, 178x178
>>25505519
are you me anon. I can't live with my own thoughts they destroy me I need constant background noise even to help me fall asleep.
>>
>>25505554
I know. Fuck college, man. I'm doing this.
>>
>>25505554
You just described me Anon. All I want to do is 420blazeit, read and listen to music. Guess I'm not alone
>>
>>25505498
In fact, I even wrote a template script that would build a directory for a new album I'd store.

It worked this way: I'd put the MP3s and the unresized album art in a directory, and the script would resize the art, make the song datafiles with placeholders for ratings, sources of lyrics, music, art, empty files for lyrics, and so on. Now I think of it, it could probably download unverified lyrics from songmeanings.com. I think I considered making it erase and repopulate the metadata in a consistent format such as discogs.com's as well, but I didn't get to it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsG7QsHkX2w
tru, tru
>>
>>25505405
Musicfag here. Recently noticed that's it's the only thing that helps me pass the time. Don't know if I listen to music because I'm miserable or if the music I've listened has made me miserable.
>>
>>25505405
I feel like I can't focus on music anymore

It used to keep me from my thoughts but now it's like there's a constant noise of self-hatred that keeps me from really focusing and enjoying music

I can still feel to sad music tho, and that's pretty much all I listen to these days

just been sitting around crying to this album all day
>>
File: 1432346116106.png (432 KB, 800x736) Image search: [Google]
1432346116106.png
432 KB, 800x736
>tfw listening to Jeff Beck full blast giving me Tinnitus and shaking my head and shrugging at people that try to talk to me
>>
>>25505668
Keep talking to yourself. Totally not showing your autism there buddy, everyone is super interested
>>
>>25505405
When I'm outside my nest I'm always listening to music. A lot of people already got butthurt because I ignored them. I didn't mean to, but when you're listening to your favorite tunes really loud you don't pay attention to many things, you can't really hear the outside world. And there's a lot of people that don't seem to realize this simple fact. Last time it happened in the bus stop. Some old man was talking to me, I didn't realize until I got some bitchy looks from some women standing close to me. That judgemental "Can you believe this, what a terrible person" look. Fuck them. I just pay enough attention to not get hit by a car. And i think that's good enough.
>>
>>25506218
>thread about escaping the real world into music
>abuse me for describing how I'm doing just that

Well. Time to escape some more.
>>
File: dfsfdsf.jpg (95 KB, 644x580) Image search: [Google]
dfsfdsf.jpg
95 KB, 644x580
I listen to music every single fucking day, everywhere i go.

Runs, at home, at the shops, doctors, car etc.. my iPod touch is with me everywhere and it's always playing music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXl28Sf2O4A
>>
File: 14485783848382.jpg (151 KB, 985x1007) Image search: [Google]
14485783848382.jpg
151 KB, 985x1007
>>25506588
I found your story to be very interesting anon. Don't let all the negativity keep you down. I think it's interesting that you went into the processes behind organizing your music.
>>
File: 80ies_204.jpg (14 KB, 298x400) Image search: [Google]
80ies_204.jpg
14 KB, 298x400
This. Music is my favorite form of escape.

Lately I've been watching old live shows of bands with my headphones in the dark on my laptop, just to get that feeling that I'm there. It makes life worth living.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdfM6z-aQXg

Wish I were in that audience.
>>
who black metal here
>>
>>25506707
Thank you!

There was a couple of dilemmas along the way. For instance, I prefixed entries for both songs and studio albums with numerical indexes (01, 02, 03... -- assuming there's no albums with 100+ tracks, even though this is not true), but sometimes an artist has such a ton of albums (think Zappa), I had to choose the authoritative source for the order. Or, sometimes a live album added to in the studio, at which point I had to introduce the 'semi-live' descriptor in addition to 'live'.

Or, I included release dates ('Title (Year)'), but sometimes a live album is released decades after recording -- so I used 'Title (Recording Year, Release Year)' in those cases.

There were other, minor things such as capitalization of pronouns. English is straightforward, but how about French? Hungarian? Kobaian?

The filesystem of my player doesn't support some characters -- I had to define an allowed charset.

And so on.
>>
>>25506841
>a live album added to
*was added to
>>
ITT: Tumblr the thread
>>
Somebody stole my original video ipod out of my car when I left it overnight.
A little piece of me died that day.

>>25505498
What player was this?
>>
File: Cristobal_Rojas_25a.jpg (125 KB, 1024x702) Image search: [Google]
Cristobal_Rojas_25a.jpg
125 KB, 1024x702
My life streams in music line

In fact, I've received many messages and lessons through lyrics and tunes

I feel ill when I'm not listening 'when it's time' to do it. Reality is despicable and music can help to improve it or better avoid it by taking to a higher level of consciousness
>>
>>25506911
>What player was this?

Good old SanDisk Sansa Clip+. Rockboxed. It might have survived the washing machine itself (there are stories of that), but it didn't survive my stupid, improper handling of it. Rest in peace on the bottom of the river in my city.

>Somebody stole my original video ipod out of my car when I left it overnight.

I sympathize.
>>
>>25505498
jesus thats really impressive
>>
I feel like I don't want to listen to music that has singing that provides lyrical context to the music. If there's going to be singing, it should be the voice as an instrument. Preferably something wordless or downmixed enough to be indiscernible.
>>
>>25507037
Things I learned along the way (IMO):

Best site for album art = albumartexchange.com (fanart.tv once or twice)

Best site for titles and lyrics = ...can't remember. It was coversomething.com, I think. coverlib.com? Anyway, it has/had booklets, meaning an authoritative source. Fun fact: I found lyrics in Japanese releases of Western albums Engrish more than once.

With respect to formats, I went with MP3 because I couldn't stand inconsistent file order when it was sometimes .mp3, sometimes .flac, sometimes .m4a. I heard no difference between lossless and 320 kb/s.

I used ffmpeg to remove video from YouTube-downloaded songs.
>>
>>25507083
There is foreign-music.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.