[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>live in small town >all I want to do is live in a big
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (572 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
572 KB, 1024x683
>live in small town
>all I want to do is live in a big city and see the real world

What do
>>
>>25505384
move to a city.
>>
>oh wow the fike isnt new
>>
Big cities are nice to visit but living there is pretty expensive. I'm near Seattle and its ridiculous how expensive that place is
>>
Go to college and go into debt.

You're gonna have to wagekek your way out tho
>>
>>25505384
stop being a normie fuck
>>
>>25505384
big cities are just crowded, dirty and full of obnoxious normies
you aren't missing out on anything
>>
>>25505544
whats a fike m8
>>
File: main street.jpg (89 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
main street.jpg
89 KB, 960x720
>>25505384
I feel the same way. I grew up on a farm outside of a town of ~20 people. We'd go to the nearby town of 2300 people for a good time.

If we REALLY felt like shaking things up, letting loose and painting the town red, we'd go to Manhattan.

Manhattan, Kansas.

I'm preparing to move to a major metropolitan area after I finish my Master's in 2017.
>>
File: travis.jpg (25 KB, 470x342) Image search: [Google]
travis.jpg
25 KB, 470x342
You have to be a full blown normie or a dedicated degenerate to enjoy the city.

Otherwise it just makes you bitter being surrounded by a ton of people who look like they are fulfilled by life unlike you.
>>
>>25505384
Take a short vacation to a city, and then decide if you actually want to live there. Odds are, you will prefer your small town.
>>
>>25505534
It's expensive
>>
>>25505384
>normanfag detected
>>
>>25505654
It's more a matter of wanting to go somewhere that matters. Someplace that's on the map.

Small town life just makes you feel totally irrelevant. Your entire world consists of maybe a couple hundred people, and it could all be blown off the map somehow and the majority of the world wouldn't change a bit.
>>
File: 1442173838662.jpg (73 KB, 480x380) Image search: [Google]
1442173838662.jpg
73 KB, 480x380
>you will never go on a big adventure with OP & friends
>you will never explore the big cities and unravel mysteries
feels bad man
>>
i lived in a major city for a 8 years now. moving back to the armpit of california cause i became a hardcore alcoholic and got fired from work. cities are better than rural areas by a lot, there is way more to do and see. where im moving i have to travel one hour round trip to get dim sum or greek food, fucking pathetic. but you get what you pay for. im currently paying 800$ a month for a room in an apt complex, where im moving will be 250$ for a room in a house. for most robots that don't socialize or leave the house often the city is a waste of money.
>>
>>25505691
I get what you're saying. But there wont be any substance once the your initial hype blows over.
You'll have to put yourself on the map in that city to get anything real out of it.
>>
>>25505691
you'll feel more irrelevant in a sea of 10 million people, with only the highest of the social elite standing out
>>
>>25505771
Well, so be it.

I lived in Guangzhou for a few months and I miss it from time to time. I'd like to go back to that kind of life but I want to finish my education first.
>>
>>25505793
I look at it this way:

If 1 out of every 1000 people is the kind of person I could get along with/become their friend, I have a better chance of forming some kind of social circle in a city of 1 million than in my current town of 30,000.

Also people here are so backwater and uncultured. And nosy goes without saying.
>>
>>25505843
you are absolutely right about this. with more people you are bound to find way many more like minded people not too mention potential partners. my hometown is basically the midwest of california, religious right wing dipshits. i have nothing in common with those fuckers and i will hate my time there. chances of me finding a gf there are slim to none, but then again ive pretty much given up here as well since im getting older and dont have my shit together. only girls that want me are usually pretty desperate/insane.
>>
>>25505384
The grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence.
>>
Nvm found a bunch of cheap rooms and living rooms in la. No shame fuck it
>>
>>25506326
yeah because sometimes it is. the grass on my side of the fence is withered.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.