[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starting college tomorrow. Can't sleep because anxiety
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
Starting college tomorrow.

Can't sleep because anxiety and nervous. What should I expect tomorrow? I'm 23 starting late because reasons
>>
File: image.png (121 KB, 1548x1468) Image search: [Google]
image.png
121 KB, 1548x1468
>>25502030
Go crush some puss brobot
>>
>>25502030

Don't answer questions unless called on.
Don't ask for permission to use the restroom.
Don't expect people to talk to you.
Don't approach women unless you're hot, unless you want a false rape accusation and expulsion.
>>
>>25502030
If you show up and demonstrate you're making an attempt, it's highly unlikely you'll get failed
>>
>>25502063
Lol
This comic is next level

>>25502030
Your success depends on how much you can study on your own. You need to be ready to motivate yourself to do what is required, and very likely beyond what is required. This is probably the most jarring difference between college and high school; in high school, teachers would normally assign homework that encourages students to read the textbook and really learn the material. In college, most of my teachers just had exams, so the material had to be learned on your own.

That isn't to say that the lectures won't help you learn stuff, it's just that for further understanding for your own benefit, you have to put in the effort on your own time.

As for tomorrow, just expect the teachers to hand out syllabus papers. They probably won't go into the material yet, and if they do, it's proabably just preliminary stuff.
>>
you'll be fine anon. whats your major? a lot of classes in college are just exams, you don't have to talk to anyone. (not that anyone would want to talk to you anyway kek)
>>
File: teacher.jpg (159 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
teacher.jpg
159 KB, 640x480
>>25502030

1. Never arrive more than 3 minutes before the start of class

2. Drop any professor who cold calls during the add/drop period at the beginning of the semester

3. Don't rely on ratemyprofessor. It's full of chads and stacys. You will miss out on the cult robot professors who are more on your level if you use those ratings.
>>
>>25502030
Basic: Go to every lecture, pay attention, and take notes.
Advanced: Eventually find a professor you like (this can be after a year or two) and work with them in some extracurricular fashion (lab work/teaching assistant/etc).

If you can do basic you'll graduate; if you can do advanced you'll get a job.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.