[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
for the last couple of years I've been playing out conversations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
for the last couple of years I've been playing out conversations with a therapist in my mind

then I remember I've promised myself never to go see one

anyone else done the same?
>>
>>25498610
just go see a theripst. If you feel bad about seeing one, just remeber that I have to see 3 evey week.
>>
>>25498977
i don't want to talk to the type of person who would choose psychology as a career path
>>
My mom made me see one after I dropped out of college. I just lied to her for a couple of weeks and that was the end of it. I don't think therapy works if you're too self conscious to open up to people. I should probably just find a psychiatrist to give me happy pills.
>>
>>25499048
i don't like happy pills either. I'd rather be miserable than knowingly take pills that make me something I'm not and don't want to question if it's my own thoughts or pills' thoughts if that makes any sense
>>
>>25498610
I just wish there were hostess clubs in this country so I could pay a pretty woman to listen to me and pretend like she cares about me
>>
O >>25498610

Yeah man when i told my gp about my problems for the first time i wrote out what i would say on my phone but as soon as i got in his office i broke down like a riveta
>>
>>25499082
that's not how medication works. SSRIs and other treatments for mental illnesses just make sure your brain is secreting the right chemicals at proper levels. you're still you, but with more emotional control. it's like putting cast on your arm when it's broken.
>>
>>25499818
what are you planning jew
>>
Yup, this comment wasn't original enough to be called a comment
>>
>>25499848
i used to have severe depression and was in denial about it. meds were my last resort. honestly didnt think they'd work as well as they did, but I remember the moment when i started seeing/remembering what colors were again. it was great cause i could finally think about other things without feeling overwhelming sadness/apathy.

just my personal experience though. ive heard tons of stories about how meds dont work for other people.
>>
What did you talk with the therapist?
>>
I used to do what you described in the OP.

Then I went to see a therapist. She was a typical middle aged normie. I had a hard time communicating because we were on completely different wavelengths. She made assumptions about me that were offensive and very wrong, about things like what my hobbies were. She went on tangents about things I understood already. I have trust issues with my parents because they were crazy growing up but she assumed the trust issues must have been because I didn't understand the concept of trust, and explained it to me like I was an autistic 4 year old.

She also encouraged me to connect with and tell my problems another older person I barely know and only met in the last two years, who I told her I think is a degenerate. A person I have nothing in common with and hate, who I'm sure has no interest in me. Kept saying "Why don't you tell x your life problems?" after making it clear I didn't like them and had no reason to talk to them. If I said I had no reason to she was like, "why don't you trust him?". It was so retarded.

Now I have flashbacks to it, flashbacks to the dumb things I said, how retarded I looked. It makes me want to kill myself. I hope I never see her again.

If you're going see a therapist, go find one who isn't a normie. Try to avoid the quacks. Research the person before going. For me seeing a therapist was a waste of money.
>>
>>25501072
I mostly go through explaining my situation like a first session or have these imaginary conversations where i try to explain my world views. normies just probably vent these thoughts out to friends/social media
>>
>>25501486
shit man that sounds exactly how I imagine it would go
>>
>>25501683
And thats why the therapy would not work
>>
>>25501656
I do the same. Did u waste most of your time alone? (I know how retarded the question is in a place like this)
>>
>>25502100
yeah I live alone and leave the aparment for 30 or so minutes a week to do grocery shopping. i eat dinner with my parents sometimes but that's about it
>>
>>25502178
I feel like its a way of self-construct your moral/phylosophical ideas, plus geting someone who understand rather than judge. Also a way to avoid boredom or loneliness...
>>
>>25502564
i get the idea but I really REALLY doubt they'd understand
>>
File: helpme.png (123 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
helpme.png
123 KB, 500x500
I play out conversations with an imaginary person who understands and cares every day, most of the time.

I've talked to maybe one person about it, and one of my "friends" I tried to open up to and talk about stuff that was going on but he didn't really seem to care. Some times I just throw in a hint to one of my other "friends" like, "You ever just sort of breakdown?" or something along those lines, but never get an answer.
I probably come off as a weak or boring little faggot to these people so I tend to refrain from it and focus more on the things that matter, like pussy, fast muscle cars, and rap music.

At this point, I'm pretty much leading a life that is the exact opposite of the one that I want to be leading, or that I wish I could lead.
I wake up most days feeling either empty, or hopeful, and in the wake of the hopeful days, my mood begins to slowly decline until it reaches a point where I literally am unable to function for awhile.
That's most of the reason I never really end up making an effort to date or engage socially, I'm just so drained from lying to myself everyday, and convincing myself that I'm just being a whiny bitch.

So yeah, sometimes I talk to myself, both verbally and in my head. It's like having a real friend.
>>
>>25502683
>25502683
I mean talking in your mind, in fact its pretty similar to a conversation with a real person
>Doubt they`d understand
You would be surprised, most people who end being psychotherapists are normie-tards with issues... But others may be similar to you and could feel actual emphaty, also dont be a snowflake, anyone with a decent level of intelligence could understand if u take time to explain. They treat robots everyday... Experience make things easier
>>
>>25503121
oh yeah
>dont be a snowflake
I'm not saying they're physically incapable of understanding or anything. just that i personally don't understand things that many people take for granted and have a pretty nihilistic world view so even if they act friendly I feel like most normie therapists couldn't really relate or truly understand the logic behind by thoughts
>>
>>25503379
> don't understand things that many people take for granted
For example? People take too much for granted, its a way to feel secure about the world and their power to control it... Other way they wont do nothing
>>
Good thread on therapy found here:
eight chan dot net / r9k / res / 84425 dot html
>>
>>25503688
like this obsession to "make something of yourself" or have a legacy. i just don't get it. i understand wanting money to do things but it seems more than that. to be somebody or something

or "benefitting society". i've literally never stopped to think if I do or used it as a factor in decision making yet it seems to be widely accepted as a way to measure if your life is worthless.

on a more abstract note things like morals. I don't believe there truly is a right or wrong, just agreed upon rules taught to children and enforced to make communities as a whole better functioning and I get it but I don't believe anything is by itself "good" or "bad".

things like this either get construed as depression or just trying to be edgy
>>
>>25504437
replace the "eight" with 8
>>
All of my conversations are played out in my mind

>>25499818
Weird, I consider my time on SSRIs to be the most out-of-control of my entire life
>>
>>25504437
red about a hundred posts, will look through the rest later. sounds like what I had feared desu.
>>
>>25504440
>like this obsession to "make something of yourself" or have a legacy. i just dont get it. i understand wanting money to do things but it seems more than that. to be somebody or something
You dont "have to do" nothing, there are not universal prescriptions, choose your own goals, then achieve it and you will feel better. People will tell u what to do, but they are actually telling what they want
>or "benefitting society". ive literally never stopped to think if I do or used it as a factor in decision making yet it seems to be widely accepted as a way to measure if your life is worthless.
Humans are social animals, that belief leads to altruism...Which increase the cooperation and chances of survive in an hostile world. That not mean you "must do it" more its likely you will think in that way
>on a more abstract note things like morals. I dont believe there truly is a right or wrong, just agreed upon rules taught to children and enforced to make communities as a whole better functioning and I get it but I dont believe anything is by itself "good" or "bad".
Agree mostly, but its not a matter of education rather than education is a consequence of how we are
>things like this either get construed as depression or just trying to be edgy
You would seem like an edgelord and probably it will be taken as a symptom. Couldnt be translated to "you are wrong", maybe you overthink as you expend so many time alone, thats what a therapist will notice, but you could get the oportunity to argue all that topics with someone who supposedly will know about them...
>>
>>25499004
And whats that type of person?
>>
>>25499004
Why? You look down on those who want to help others?
>>
>>25498610

I do that a lot.

I haven't made any promises like that, though. Why did you make such a promise?
>>
>>25498610
Went and saw one today, was actually really fucking good.
>>
Just went in for an "urgent care" visit today at the school psychology department.

Therapist gave me some methods (breathing exercises) to manage my anxiety short term while I wait for my real appointment. Helped with the anxiety, but I feel guilty now since it was like I was wasting his time over a trivial problem when there might have been others who needed his help more.
>>
>>25505827
Mental health is not trivial, anon. It's just as important as physical health. Your problems are valid and you deserve treatment for them.
>>
>>25506051
There was someone bawling her eyes outand a legit schizophrenic or bipolar person in the waiting room with his caretakers. Both of them were also in for urgent care and looked like they could have used the therapist more.

I felt bad for making them wait since had I not been there they could have been seen sooner.
>>
File: 1426992468517.gif (911 KB, 422x585) Image search: [Google]
1426992468517.gif
911 KB, 422x585
I'm 26, and for as long as I can remember, I've been depressed. One of my oldest memories is going to child therapy when I was probably about 6. The last therapist I went to was when I was in my mid teens, probably 15, because I was tired of seeing my mom so upset with me. I was wasting money because I didn't want to talk to another therapist because they never helped. I learned to fake it for her sake and she thought I "outgrew" it. I was just lazy. I didn't have any ambition. I was a waste of space. The only thing I'll need to do is ask "Do you want fries with that." I have heard it all my whole life. Now, I've been living on my own, and my parents think I'm doing great. From the outside, sure. I've got a job, an apartment, a car, going back to school, but the reality is my life is hollow.

I don't remember the last time I felt happy, and truthfully, I don't think I have ever felt happy. I have imagined what it feels like, but that's as far as in have gotten. I've been depressed for so long that I don't know who I am past whatever facade I put on for people. Part of me wants to go see a therapist again, but I've been to so many over the years, I know they don't help. I can't afford it anyway.

I've had many conversations in my head, many with how I'd imagine going back to a therapist would be. I've even tried being positive about it, but obviously that doesn't exactly work. It's just introspection.

Sorry for the wall.
>>
>>25503070
I bitch to my e friends everyday. I dont even know why they put up with me desu. Its like all I do is whine I cant even have a normal conversation anymore. Im at the point where im whining about whining.
>>
>>25498610
i did that
then i finally worked up the courage to see the school therapist and went to group sessions too
i never said any of the things i imagined i would say
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.