[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Feels and Frogs: New Years Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 20
File: bartenderwojak.jpg (57 KB, 614x389) Image search: [Google]
bartenderwojak.jpg
57 KB, 614x389
Good evening robots, the F&F is open again tonight. Come on in, get comfy, have a drink and share your stories and feels by the fire.

We've got a jukebox in the back and a deck for smokers upstairs. If you get dubs, trips, etc. your next drink is free.

If any of you recognize the time, I apologize for my really long absence. It's been a wild ride the last while and I wanted to give you guys a treat. Pay the tripcode no heed.

How is 2016 treating all of you thus far?
>>
>If any of you recognize the time

Name*, not time.
>>
File: 11162526746_001c8e1044_o.jpg (211 KB, 1916x1080) Image search: [Google]
11162526746_001c8e1044_o.jpg
211 KB, 1916x1080
>>25496765
2 years sober so it'll just be a cranberry on the rocks
>>
>>25497260

Sure thing, chief. You've got good taste, anything cranberry is great.
>>
>>25496765
>How is 2016 treating all of you thus far?

I have a date with a girl on Sunday.

I am excited and terrified.
>>
>>25496765
I haven't seen my stalkee yet, I'm worried he's not home.

Give me pure vodka please.
>>
>>25496765
Hey Barkeep how's your health?
>>
> losing my shiz all day
>>
>>25497516

No pressure, anon. If it's a flop surely you'll have other opportunities and you'll learn from your mistakes.

>>25497522

Pure vodka coming right up. Sounds like you've got a story to tell, care to share?

>>25497525

I'm doing just fine right now but it's finally gotten dreadfully cold up here and I might get sick in a couple weeks. We'll see. How are you holding up, anon?
>>
>>25497593
>No pressure, anon. If it's a flop surely you'll have other opportunities and you'll learn from your mistakes.

I'm just worried about falling in love with her and finding out she has a roastie or ugly nipples.
>>
>>25496765
Was gonna go to Six Flags, everyone cancelled on me.
Also my date the next day cancelled.
>>
Just another night of being a degenerate neet desu......I could really use a double spiced rum n coke in a tall glass on the house
>>
Dog died on new years.
>>
>>25497593
>care to share
I've been stalking my mentally ill neighbor for awhile now, we've talked about 2 weeks ago for the first time. But when I approached him a few days after the first time he seemed uninterested, I suspect it was because he was having an episode. I didn't approach him after that then yesterday he talked to me twice, he asked for a cig and tried to make conversation. I sperged out so much though, so I'm worried. And I don't know if he's home today. You're a real bro barkeep
>>
>>25497652
So I could use a shot of Diesel mixed with Kool-Aid in a highball glass.
>>
went on several dates with this guy who used to be bffs with my ex boyfriend, it was pretty weird

before you guys get mad i asked my ex and he gave us his blessing
>>
>>25497648

She would need a game winning personality for you to fall that hard for someone in one date. And she can't be both a roastie and have that good of a personality, you gotta pick one.

As for ugly nipples, well I can't help you there lad.

>>25497652

I'll try to find a highball glass, but you bet your ass in a couple minutes you'll have your drink. I've never been to Six Flags, how is it there?

>>25497734

Right on new year's day? My condolences, if you want anything it's on the house.
>>
>>25497720

No NEETbux left? Fuck it, i'll get you a drink on the house if you elaborate on that degeneracy, we'll either have a giggle or sympathy for you.

>>25497743

>You're a real bro barkeep
I try my best. Is that really stalking though, or are you leaving details out?

>>25497776

wew

Sounds like an interesting story at least.
>>
>>25497825
>She would need a game winning personality for you to fall that hard for someone in one date.

We've been talking for a while, and I think she really does.
I'm not going to fall in love with her after one date, but we both don't want to have sex until we are sure we are in a committed relationship.

I'm concerned about her having a genetic roastie.
>>
>>25497920
It was! That's really the only reason I agreed to the dates. he's an interesting guy to talk to and he's pretty cute but also comes with a ton of baggage (already been married and divorced after one year) so I am not touching that with a ten foot pole
>>
>>25497921

Suppose you turned in your robot card and started dating this grill, would having a "genetic roastie" really be a deal breaker if you two get along this well?

I'm not antagonizing you here, I'm just trying to understand your logic and boundaries.

>>25497950

>married and divorced
Poor guy. That would be why the dates were weird.
>>
>>25498063
the dates weren't weird themselves, they were quite nice and relatively normal. I do feel bad for him, he's a sweet guy and he's been through a lot
>>
>>25498063
>would having a "genetic roastie" really be a deal breaker if you two get along this well?

Yes.

Roasties are grossties
>>
File: 256.png (11 KB, 489x423) Image search: [Google]
256.png
11 KB, 489x423
I'll have a scotch with a glass of water. What brand do you suggest?

Feeling a sort of derealisation. I wish school started already even though I'm falling behind in studies.

New year didn't really start with a bang. I spent NYE with my crush, we went to see a reggae artist to a club, but we didn't hang out very late beacuse she had to go to work the next day.

We've been going on dates for a couple of months now, but I have trouble breaking the touch barrier with her. She seems a bit reluctant. She has said she's not really keen on a very committed relationship atm but is interested in casual dates nontheless. We always have a very good time. I feel like our personalities match very well.

I thought I knew how people work, but she's something different. She's mysterious in a way, yet still I feel like I know her. Even if our thing isn't really progressing, I can't help the feeling that I would throw something priceless away if I just quit it.

People are hard. Women are hard. Life is hard.

Barkeep, do you have any wisdom to share with me? About anything, really. I'd appreciate it.
>>
>>25498092

So what was the weird thing for you? I'm a little confused.

>>25498148

Can't argue with that. Best of luck with your date, anon.
>>
>>25498245
just knowing him as a best friend of my ex's first and then going on a date with him. He was always more like an older brother until now
>>
>>25496765
I ended 2015 so well... But 2016 seems to hate me this far so I decided fuck it, I'm declaring war on this year. I'm a mean motherfucker after all, I survived 2012
>>
11th beer and still going for more, when i'm drunk is the only time that I'm happy
>>
>>25498238
brooooo take a sip of what ya got, I like Bourbon more, Basil Haydens BAyybee
She is one in 4 billion women. Try and kiss her, or hold her hand, maybe get close when you are talking, shit even a butt pinch, If he likes it or dosent really say anything test your boundries. Its simple man, If she aint into it. Just MOVE on
Girls are simple minded folk dont forget it
>>
>>25497776
No need to get mad, every bar has a slut
>>
>>25498630
Chad, I think you had enough
>pulls glass away
>>
>>25496765
I cucked a guy new years day so pretty good
>>
>Tfw online friendship with a girl for almost 3 years

she goes on 4chan and shitposts just like me

can never date her because she was only interested in me at one point but I didnt take the hint seriously

Im forever a cuck
>>
>>25498630
I've tried to make physical contact, but she seems reluctant. I don't want to move on either, not at least until I know it won't go anywhere.

She's an introvert and I think I need to move at her pace, but at the same time be assertive.

Not easy when spaghetti fills my pockets in her presence.
>>
>>25498238
>>25498630
>>25499234

I don't know my scotch very well, but if you'll take any other offshoot of whiskey I can get you some Wild Turkey bourbon.

As for wisdom, the person who replied to you first does have a point, and so do you. If she's introverted, find the optimal mix of a slow pace but still be assertive and make your intentions clear. If that falls short, you said it yourself: it'd be best to move on.

>People are hard. Women are hard. Life is hard.

The ride never ends for us robots. Godspeed in your endeavors.

>>25498390

It's only been four days. What happened?

>>25498440

wew, just don't get too drunk.

>>25498705

Sounds like a story. Care to share?

>>25498894

Girls going on 4chins is a red flag anyway, depending on the boards she frequents.
>>
>>25499414
>only been 4 days
It's been shit since I came back from my Christmas trip tho.
I have been spending all night eating at the gas station and I gained all the weight i lost back, I run out of money and. Now I feel twice as much as shit both mentally and phisically
>>
>>25497825
It's a pretty fun place, especially Six Flags over Texas, the one I was going to go to.
>>
File: 1369421666774.jpg (106 KB, 579x570) Image search: [Google]
1369421666774.jpg
106 KB, 579x570
>>25499414
Thanks for the advice. You make it all sound so simple.
>sips bourbon
You know, she's the kind of woman that many successful family men in their 40's probably knew in their pasts. The kind that they'll never forget. The kind they'll never tell their current wives about. The one that got away.

Say, barkeep, have there been any memorable women in your life?
>>
>>25499506

That's awful. Any reason why you've been doing that?

>>25499756

I've never been, we don't have a Six Flags up in the great white north.

>>25499781

You say that now but who knows, maybe if/when you move on you'll forget she ever happened after a while. Interesting things happen.

No committed relationships or anything but if I elaborate i'd get REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'd out of the bar. Unless you insist I elaborate?
>>
Need some advice on what to do, its got to do with my ex gf and her job, Im feeling very anxious and regretful about something that went down will greentext if anyone wants to hear.
>>
File: chemistry_soldier.jpg (77 KB, 700x933) Image search: [Google]
chemistry_soldier.jpg
77 KB, 700x933
>>25500514
I'm afraid I must insist. How could anyone REEE you out when you're the barkeep? And you're such a nice person. As a side note, I have a good memory of all the people that have made me feel, especially women.
>>25500604
What's your story, fellow patron?
>>
File: 1451598738138.png (139 KB, 328x307) Image search: [Google]
1451598738138.png
139 KB, 328x307
I'll take a Guinness please, no need to go fancy for someone like me. How are things your end, barkeep?
>>
>>25500604

Greentext it.

>>25500877

Nice dubs. I've had my eye on a girl and we were having sex on the regular after a while but by the gods above she was quite insecure. Eventually she broke it off because I "reminded her too much of her ex" who was abusive. Now she gets dug out by Chads at the university she goes to in a city 2 hours away. There are a few other instances but I think with women I don't know if i'm incompetent or if I just don't really try hard enough.

>>25501028

I'm quite fine as long as I'm not outside. European Guinness is based, American Guinness just isn't the same. How're you, anon?
>>
>>25497743
m-misaki chan?
>>
>>25500877
>Dated my gf for 1.5 year
>just broke up around the 2nd weekend of december
>have had a prolonged suspicion of infidelity, (went around my back, hid phone, siginfigant personality change such as mannerisms, language and taste in music)
>also she starts to smoke weed and drink again after we completly quit everything and went str8 edge for 75% of our relationship
>guy from her work I know for sure that he talks to her and she gets very defensive and sort of deflects when I argue with her about him
>a couple months ago during our break she needed me to take her to work cause her mom wouldnt
>turns out reason why is because she is a wreck,drunk and high and having a complete mental breakdown
>calm her down good enough, she admits to binge dreaking smoking weed and abusing prescription meds and It may be a flase signal but it felt like she hinted towards meth.
>fast forward now after break up
>me and a couple buds
>me drunk as fuck and miserable
>we report her and that guy for smoking weed on job (we lied about report but I know for a 100% her and that guy smoke weed there and she buys/bought weed from him)
>my buds put my mothers info as a front so its not obvious we reported her
>mother gets phone call about it from there
>mother gets pissed at me
>I just now realize how fucked that is and feel terrible
>most of me wanted juvenile revenge but a small part wants me to get her away from that guy and the shitty influence he has on her.

Im just very conflicted and feel bad. Did I do the right thing or just a shitty move?
>>
been traveling america living in shitty hotel rooms and working odd jobs to get by. just got to new orleans
>>
File: 1397044994457.jpg (987 KB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1397044994457.jpg
987 KB, 5000x5000
>>25501028

>Guinness
>Not Muprhys

It's like you're not even Irish
>>
I'm about to go to sleep for work soon here so no drink for me, just wanted to say keep on keepin' on barkeep. Glad you decided to stick around and still do this despite your recent news.
>>
File: 1449368995472.jpg (17 KB, 398x379) Image search: [Google]
1449368995472.jpg
17 KB, 398x379
>>25501201
Glad to be in Europe then, never tried American Guinness but i'll take your word.
I could be better, i'm back to being unemployed, the other day the manager at the bar I worked said about some financial issues, so i've been cut loose for working there and the reason was i've been there the shortest time, a year.
Coming into the new year and losing your main source of incomes not how you want to start off, and I dread having to jump through hoops of interviews just to get another way to get by life.
>>
>>25501281
Never claimed to be a leprechaun, guinness is easier to get anyway
>>
File: kojida.jpg (7 KB, 160x241) Image search: [Google]
kojida.jpg
7 KB, 160x241
>>25501201
We're all gonna make it, in our own ways at least. I like to think that there's a number of women out there who are in the same situation in life than me whose chemistry really works with mine. The hard part is finding them. The hardest part is mustering the courage to make contact.

>>25501221
Revenge many times just makes you feel empty, at least in my experience. I don't think trying to sabotage your ex's life is ever a smart move, especially when you pulled your mother into it.

But I completely get why you did it. I feel for you and hope you can find a way to settle all this.

My two cents: if you really want to piss your ex off, just stop caring about her completely and only talk to her if absolutely necessary. Hell, why do you even need to piss your ex off? Just focus on your own stuff instead.

Apologies if my text has flaws. I'm from the far north so english is not my native language. Also the bourbon might be getting to me.
>>
>>25496765
My ex that is the only girl I've slept with in the past 10 years, last time being about 1.5 years ago, came to visit for a couple days. Our interactions leading up to this point were quite suggestive at times. I shaved my pubes and everything. Well, we had a good time, but no real, prolonged intimacy. No sex. I got blue-balled pretty hard.

And I just passed four years sober, so I can't drink away the pain.
>>
>>25501665
Thanks and your 100% coherent, yea even though when I saw her during that mental breakdown I wasnt very far from where she was mentally, but I usually can keep composure good and seeing her like that made me feel kind of good, knowing that no matter how bad she can make me feel, it'd never be that bad.
>>
>>25496765
Hey m8.
Waiting for my oneitis to come out of the psychological care unit their parents placed them in. Mixed feels. I'll just take some water.
>>
>>25501690

I have no shortage of non alcoholic stuff if you want anything. Congratulations on four years at least.

>>25501665

My plan is to date one last grill and embrace robotdom afterwards. For every decent one out there, there's at least 3-4 narcissistic cock carousel riders that muddy up the pool. Nevermind marriage and kids, I like having money, a modicum of freedom and knowing my defective genes will not be passed on.

>>25501497

Too bad Europe is a shithole right now from an observer's view. Shame, I used to be able to call myself a proud Eurofag.

As for your sense of dread, i'm afraid it might have to be a reality unless you can secure NEETbux.
>>
Feeling suicidal because I'm socially retarded I have no friends, no siblings I'm always alone.
>>
>>25496765
getting one step closer to the cold embrace of the void everyday anons
>>
>>25501815
Don't kill yourself anon. Loneliness is curable, go to some sporting group or a gym and gather with some peeps you get along with. You don't have to call them "friends"
>>
File: LetGo.jpg (13 KB, 395x395) Image search: [Google]
LetGo.jpg
13 KB, 395x395
>>25501776
I'm a virgin, haven't kissed a girl in two years. Despite that, I just turned down some chick on tinder who was basically begging me for sex/relationship. She was even pretty qt, 6.5 or 7, and really into geeky stuff. I don't know why I turned her down. I guess I'm afraid of a relationship, afraid of letting somebody have that influence on me. I'm on anti-anxiety meds now, my life is just sorta getting better, maybe I'm scared of throwing that away. Or maybe I'm just not over that other girl who turned me down in the summer.

Either way, today was the first time in weeks I got all my responsibilities done on time and even had 40 minutes left to play Dark Souls, so that was kinda nice.

I don't really drink, could I get a pepsi and a glass of water? Thanks, barkeep. I appreciate you keeping this place open.
>>
>>25501776

turned down some qt on tinder, despite being a virgin and not having kissed a girl in two years. A lot of mixed feelings right now, but my life is finally getting a bit better and I guess I don't want to mess that up. I want to be self sufficient. A close family friend just died and that kinda puts things into perspective, maybe? Either way, I just got all my responsibilities done today on time for the first time in weeks, so that was nice. I think things are getting better. Relationships can come later.

I'll have pepsi, I don't drink. Thanks for keeping this place open Barkeep. It's my favorite place in 4chan
>>
File: AnxiousTowelMan.png (89 KB, 239x299) Image search: [Google]
AnxiousTowelMan.png
89 KB, 239x299
>>25501776
>>25502177
>>25502256

Thought my first post didn't go through so I made the second one, don't mind it. Sorry about that.
>>
cap'n morgans and a fanta please m8

I'd say my 2016 is alright has potential but I need to not be a lazy neet and catch it.

I can go into a rant about my general problems if needed but that seems a bit wingy
>>
>>25501815
go ahead and end it friend i'll see you on the other side eventually
>>
>>25496765
what'd'ya got on tap m8
>>
got court tomorrow. scared as hell. if I get a record im doomed
>>
For some reason, every time I spend a while on /r9k/, it gets me really psyched up to go out and be a Chad.

Then I realize I have no idea where to go and I'm terrible at it when I try.

Oh, well, I'll have an old fashioned.
>>
>>25502177
>>25502256
>>25502317

I know you were secretly trying to roll dubs. I know your feel though, it's terrifying when you actually realize someone you're in a relationship with has a great influence over what you do and think.

>>25502393

Do it if you'd like, enjoy the drink though. Captain is great and I love Fanta to death.

>>25502577

Nice dubs, anything you can think of we've probably got.

>>25503076

What are you going in for?

>>25503165

I'm the same. I've started getting /fit/ and spending more time with friends from campus as they spend a lot of time around women. I hope to one day be Chad, but I'm also curious and afraid of whether I'll deep down always be a robot.
>>
She read my message and didn't respond.

I'll probably never see her again.
>>
girlfriend gave into depression and dumped me.

she is now isolating herself and pushing everyone away and theres nothing I can do.

I should just move on but I'm quickly realizing how alone I really am now. Fuck.
>>
>>25496765
Hey barkeep, I just want something with no alcohol. Want to forget this past year even happened.

How can you and some girl go from planning a family to breaking up out of nowhere?

Also, I should mention...I've dated enough to know I had a good one. Conservative, old fashioned, religious girl. Believes in being a wife and mother instead of being some feminist.

What are the chances I will ever meet a girl like that again?

Please kill me.
>>
What's having friends like? My life's been bereft of them, but I doubt I'm truly autistic, more a loner with poor social skills. Do you ever wax deep on philosophical topics and feelings or is it more just sharing life experiences with someone who's funny and magnetic?
>>
>>25496765
Just water for me, barkeep.

Fuck, who am I kidding. Don't waste your time on me. I'm not that thirsty.
I need a (you) right now guys.
What the fuck. I'm not a robot. I've got friends. A job.
I've never done drugs, I don't drink, I don't go out of my comfort zone. I'm just...
Fuck, I'm nothing. Life isn't treating me well.
Just.. One (you), I guess.
>>
>>25503493
I'm sorry anon, I really am.
Have one on me. I don't know what to say, but I hear you.
>>
>>25503661
thanks anon. it still hurts.
>>
>>25503624
we're all robots here, anon
>>
File: 1406225231709.jpg (98 KB, 983x758) Image search: [Google]
1406225231709.jpg
98 KB, 983x758
>>25496765
Give me a whiskey on the rocks.
I feel ambivalent. On one hand, I got accepted to a decent college after 3 years of toiling at a community college but on the other I'm being evicted from my home.
>>
>>25503624
Have you ever considered experimenting with drugs and alcohol?

>>25503694
>>25503493
how old are ya?
>>
>>25503747
Thanks for the (you).
I don't think you understand how much it means anon.
>>
>>25503778

adsflkjaldfskjaf
>>
>>25503401
girls aren't always what you need anon... she might not be the one it will hurt but it happens. don't let your feelings latch onto someone before you know them you know? you need to read people and understand them mentally if you don't want to get hurt and to make sure you both will be a good match.
>>25503443
that's not good.. was it your relationship that depressed her or an outside party? and don't be afraid of being alone if you'r walking away from your relationship anon its when you embrace it and live by your self that you find out who you truly are.
>>25503493
hey man.. read the two above this..^ sorry about your loss.
>>
>>25503208
>it's terrifying when you actually realize someone you're in a relationship with has a great influence over what you do and think.

Man, I know that feel too.

There are so many things I thought I liked or hated, and didn't realize until after breaking up with my ex that I felt completely the opposite way about them.
>>
Anyone miss when this site used to be more personality dominated?
>>
>>25503778
No, none. Raised with /silverspoon/ in my mouth and was taught all of it was shit for you. Should I?
>>
>>25503401
>>25503443

My condolences to both of you, those are very harsh feels. I'll get you two drinks on the house, name it and you've got it.

>>25503493

I'll get you some water, or tea if you prefer. Unfortunately you're right, the odds of finding a girl like that again in the west is very slim. I think you should pick up the pieces and try to get by on your own though, the chase fucks all of us up.

Care to share what happened?

>>25503623

It's mostly the latter, possibly the former with closer, more intellectual friends.

>>25503624

Robots can have friends and jobs. Having those is not what defines a robot, or rather not being one. But you're welcome here, enjoy the water.
>>
the non bar keep again
>>25503623
friends can be great, they give you good laughs and feels like this place never could. They help you through the thick and the thin, the thing ive learned is that you have to make sure those friends are the kinds you want.. the "cool" kids aren't worth it in the long run, trust me.

>>25503874
hey sorry for trying to "steal your thunder barkeep you were taking time to reply so i figured i could lend a hand.
>>
File: 1368326390895.jpg (6 KB, 234x216) Image search: [Google]
1368326390895.jpg
6 KB, 234x216
>>25503874
>>25503820

Thanks guys.
I can always count on anonymous.
>>
>>25503775

Congratulations on the acceptance at least. Your whiskey is on me.

>>25503855

Checked.

I've yet to realize that myself to be honest familia, it gets lonely at times but after I get the chase out of my system I know I'll cherish my moments of freedom and security.

My friend thinks I'm being stupid being so ready to embrace solitude, but I don't know if he's got a point or not.

>>25503859

Was it ever?

>>25503861

Yes and no. Be very careful with what you experiment on or you could put your life in danger like how you were taught. Find people with experience who you know aren't talking out their asses and are being honest and upfront with what you should be experimenting with and expecting.

>>25503931

Don't sweat it, you weren't stealing shit.
>>
>>25503874
>>25503931
>It's mostly the latter, possibly the former with closer, more intellectual friends.
Thanks

Yeah, I've done some introspection and realized I could ramp up my social skills work towards being that. I am an empathetic and magnetic, funny personality on phenibut but there's some anxiety and inhibition holding me from achieving that sober.
>>
File: hgz.jpg (218 KB, 615x755) Image search: [Google]
hgz.jpg
218 KB, 615x755
I'll stick with a coffee.

>tfw no qt fat belly girlfriend
i can't forget ex because i can't find a new gf. i don't know how to let go
>>
>>25503623
>Do you ever wax deep on philosophical topics and feelings or is it more just sharing life experiences with someone who's funny and magnetic

depends entirely on the friends

I have friends who I can talk about transhumanisim and the impending technological singularity with

I've also got friends who you can meet up at the bar and watch the game

howd you get through public school without friends? I was a big time loser and I just allied with the other losers. that way you can all be lonely together

>>25503931
haha we all know you're not the barkeep newfriend

you've got no trip you see
>>
>>25503874
Thanks for the water.
It means a lot, it really does.
>>
File: 1445449200498.jpg (50 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
1445449200498.jpg
50 KB, 380x380
Honey beer or dark beer, whatever you have.

Have you ever felt that feel when you know you have to do something important but you are unable to give a shit about it? That's me right now.
I should be preparing stuff for the next class, do some assignments, but I can't make myself to care. It's shit, specially because I know that if I dont do it, I'm fucked.

I guess its because of this extended semester. Should've ended in december, but continues through january for various reasons. I want to go to my summer vacations, but because of circumstances I have to deal with a longer uni year. It's pretty shitty. Still, I'm better than last year, where I was a complete wreck, so that's something.
>>
Can I get a rum and coke.
Going back to college in a couple days after having to withdraw due to a mental breakdown. Not ready to go back but it's out of my control.
>>
>>25503819
ah, damn. You've still got a few more years of your prime left in you though. were you trying to start a family?

>>25503859
???
not at all. tripfags are cancer (apologies to OP)

>>25503861
haha silver spoon kids tend to have lots of drug use.

It is pretty shit for you. But it can also give experiences that are valuable in themselves

you should at least try alcohol. its a fairly pervasive social meme around the world and all
>>
Does anyone else have a self-defeating attitude? I saw a really cute girl today but I know if I talk to her I'll just say something really stupid and get rejected so I just don't. I know that rejection hurts, but I kinda feel that the pain of not knowing is better.

Statistically speaking, not everyone was meant for love. Chances are that I am one of those people.
>>
im just going to be my favorite person at the bar
>>25503949
its what were here for anon.

>>25503973
alright man i'm just making sure

>>25503998
i have anxiety to its a hard process to work though but once you can be comfortable around people i think they'll grow to like you

>>25504002
it takes time but the feeling do pass, they wont feel nice and you will feel empty or null until you find someone else but you always will if you try.

>>25504018
haha nope i'm the shooter girl :p

>>25504060
i'm in the same spot as you but without the school, i've made plans to start my own websites and businesses so i can work for my self but i always end up procrastinating.. you have to find something that you can use to motivate you, whether its the end goal that works or promising yourself a treat after your finished an assignment there's something anon you just have to reach out and grab it.

>>25504075
if you don't mind me asking what happened anon?
>>
>>25504060
>>25504075
I know this feeling anons

I struggled my way through college

few (shitty) friends
bad grades
no girls
made attempts at socializing but always came up short
failed classes

but you gotta push through. you're in too deep to give up now. all you need is that god damn piece of paper and you'll prove to the world that it wasnt all for nothing

dont give up
>>
>>25504237
Something just snapped in me.
Lot of drugs and alcohol.
Lost all the people who I thought were my friends.
Reminded me I can't make new friends because I always end up self destructing
>>
>>25504028

Glad I could help, anon.

>>25504060

I don't know that feel right now, but I knew that feel a couple months ago and I'll know it again a couple months from now. It's pretty self-defeating, isn't it?

>>25504075

Rum and coke, good taste. Why isn't going back out of your control?

>>25504107

The tripcode is only temporary, I've got my reasons for using it but if i'm posting on 4chins at any other time i'm anonymous. No offense taken.

>>25504194

This is my attitude towards a lot of things, especially girls. I know it's a bad attitude and yet I can't really change it.
>>
>>25503973
How about you anon?

What of your troubles?

>>25504002
Coming from the 'practice GF' thread I see

>>25504237
Please remove your name friend. We're all anon here
>>
>>25504018
actually I did have some friends in high school, kinda a slow cycle of random people to hang out with between classes. its not like I hung out with anyone out of school though.
>>25503874
>>25503998
how empathetic are you? do you think about how something you say will effect someone every time something comes out of your mouth? do you ask a lot of questions out of personal concern or curiosity?

honestly, threads like these are some of the redeeming things about the whole /r9k/ experience. it reminds me of when this was a good board.
>>
>>25503874
>Care to share what happened?

Ah long story. But we had been together 2 years. This is the first girl I met that I would even consider marrying or having kids with.

She broke it off with me and then came back a few months later. Then she left again.

The second time was my fault for allowing it. But I know she's a rare catch nowadays.

A lot of it stems down to her family. They don't approve of me. They wouldn't support her marrying me and put a lot of pressure on her. Actually, their religion is so cult like that they basically just would cut her from the family if she tow the line.

>>25504107
I dont have many more years. And it took all of my adult life to find this one. What are the chances of meeting another conservative girl who would be into me?

Well, we had planned on trying to get pregnant soon after we married, which we were gonna do this fall.

She wants kids bad and its weird cause I never did. But she brought something out in me that made me want them too.

Still hurts bad. I know she was the perfect one for me.

How the fuck do you move on when you built such a big hypothetical future with someone?
>>
>>25504288
Rum and coke here
I know I need the paper
But I enjoy doing physical labor
It's hard work and a rough living but I was with people who basically became my family
I'm never going to see them again tho because like always I was getting fucked up to much and had to leave the job
>>
>>25504359
that should read

if she doesn't tow the line
>>
>>25504329
Rum and coke again
My parents are basically at the end of their rope w me, which I totally get
I've been nothing but a nusicane and failure
The ultimatum is that if I don't finish college, they will cut me out of their lives and I'll prob last a year maybe a little more, maybe a little less before I kill myself or OD
>>
File: suicide.jpg (95 KB, 1350x561) Image search: [Google]
suicide.jpg
95 KB, 1350x561
2016 has been pretty good, I followed through with my resolution to be more social and somehow convinced a gorgeous woman to be my date for an employee party. Lots of drinks and laughs and good times were had, and the booze really helped me come out of my shell, and although i dont think anything will come from that date, ive been talking to her daily since new years and feel like i am improving socially, dramatically (my coworkers words, not mine).

however, ive been doing heroin since i was 14, and i keep trying to quit but can never go more than a week clean. its ruining my life. i hate myself so much. I always get praise from peers for being very generous, funny, uplifting, etc, and no one ever believes me when i tell them that i am severely depressed. the only reason i am so nice to everyone and will do things like skip a meal to give a homeless person a meal is because i hate myself so fucking much that i just dont want anyone else to feel the way I do. Ill do anything to help a friend or a stranger feel better, just to try to keep people from feeling the same way I do. Plenty of people like me, but i just cant find any friends that i click with very well, and i dont have any close friends i can confide in, just you, /r9k/. thank you for starting these threads, i really like them and reading everyones posts. I just want to be happy, and the heroin is all my fault. its my fault that im so pathetic. I grew up with two loving parents who are still married 20+ years, in a nice house in the suburbs, i had EVERY opportunity at my hands, and I was so incapable of dealing with my depression that i chose heroin instead of life. I left all my friends and family and moved 1000 miles away to the other side of the US just to try to get away from heroin. after being clean for 3 months, getting on my feet very fast (i showed up to town with 300$, a backpack, and was employed within a week due to my great resume)foundheroin connection after only a few months. i am a failure.
>>
>>25504456
Get some professional help with the heroin. Get some benzos prescribed to taper/switch off. Heroin withdrawal must be hell.

It sucks that shit's been haunting you mate. I really hope you can leave it behind. How old are you these days?
>>
>>25504378
thats funny I've always enjoyed being outside and the feeling of a hard days work why more than my degree office bullshit

too bad those jobs just dont pay the bills

>>25504441
I was in this position too. you gotta pull through dude. no matter how much it sucks or how much it feels like you cant. my parents pretty much hated me for squandering all they had done for me. but it isnt over yet

>>25504456
you aint failed yet anon. You're still here arent you?

This is a weird suggestion, but have you looked into kratom?

I had a buddy who was hooked on oxys real bad, and he swears by it.
>>
>>25504330

As of now, my only real problems are getting /fit/, no gf, getting a job so I have something to do over the summer and not being a lazy twat with my studies starting next week.

>>25504356

Depends on how well I know and/or like the person. I'll either be fairly empathetic or completely unabashed.

>>25504378
>>25504441

So what's your solution, anon?

>>25504456

To paraphrase a Robin Williams quote, it seems like the saddest people try their hardest to make others happy, because they don't want anyone else to feel as worthless as they do.

You really should find some help to fix your heroin addiction. And should you ever kick the habit, maybe you can climb out of the pit we call life as a robot. I believe in you.
>>
>>25504563
Rum and coke here
Yep, there's no chance that I could survive off of doing manual labor
It's disappointing but like everything else I just gotta bury the disappointment deep inside
And it isn't over yet, but we're definitely close to the end
>>
>>25504579
How's the fit goal going? Are you following a program and where are you at?

More importantly, gl on the qt
>>
>>25504645

I found a couple stuff on a PPL routine for beginners on /fit/, I've been trying it out for a little over a month now and while I don't have a Chad physique by any stretch, I have noticed a difference in my overall strength and endurance.

When I have some cash to spend, I'll get a gym membership and take that to the next level.
>>
Ill take anything you have to calm my nerves.

Asked a girl out for the first time yesterday evening but she has yet to respond and im freaking out. I kinda wish she'll say no cus i have no idea what to do if she actually says yes.

Im also scared shitless of her saying no. I just dont know how to deal with this shit and im so nervous.
>>
/threadtheme/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt1Pwfnh5pc
>>
>>25504579
>>25504579
Rum and coke again
I wouldn't call it a solution but I'm gonna try to finish a semester without falling apart
And see what happens
On the bright side if and almost certainly when I self destruct, I'll have another story to tell
So I got that going for me
Which is nice
>>
not bartender
>>25504325

idk you must of been holding feeling in of some sorts and the only way you found to escape was through drugs and alcohol but what do you mean my self destructing like pushing everyone else away?

>>25504330
just for you buddy

>>25504693
its ok man it's only natural its happened to me before but the yes is probably one of the greatest things you'll hear in your live.. the no, well not so much. But you get over it. how long ave you known her for anon?
>>
>>25504780

Well it's something I suppose. Best of luck with your semester, anon. Kick its ass.
>>
I just realized, it's actually pretty brutal on myself to kick myself myself over my social life, when actually I've put 0 effort into it over the last 3-4 years. I have to look at it like drawing (which I just started, beginner). I can barely sketch my hand, yet other people are masters because they've been putting their heart into it since forever.
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 340x255) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 340x255
>>25496765
I'll have a rum & coke.

I just masturbated for the 3rd time today when I should've been training for rugby season, studying, or even just getting through my current anime series. I don't know why I do this but I'm now feeling a deep sense of nihilism.
>>
>>25504792
Was at my first party in many years on saturday and met her there.

Maybe im just an autist freak for thinking she was into me, as I actually have no idea how girls act when they're into guys, but she was really nice and gave me a hug when i sperged out and left early. But that may have just been the alcohol.
>>
>>25504792
Rum and coke
Yea pushing people away, hard drugs, self harm
I'm just a blast to be around haha
>>
>>25504856
Rum and coke for the last time
Thanks barkeep for listening, till next time
Have a nice week
>>
>>25505014
she might of liked you but that's a little too early to start asking people out, i'm not trying to be rude in any way but i'm taking it you don't have alot of experience with this? i don't either so don't sweat it but typically girls want to get to know someone you know what i mean? like how do you know shes not bat shit crazy right? next time just try to start of nice and slow dont think about having a relationship with them just be friends and see where it goes from there.

>>25505106
fuck lol i do the same thing... i can't tell you there man trying to figure that out idk if im trying to find my self and there not the people i want to be around?... idk man, idk
>>
>>25504989

Good taste. It's a shame that so many of us spend so much time fapping. I failed NoFap 2016 last night but I can still make it to ~361 days if I pick up where I left off now. God knows it's an addiction I should kick to the curb.

>>25505106
>>25505134

Take care, anon.
>>
anyone still here? i'd like a vodka
>>
>>25505422

Nice doubles. Sure thing mate, how do you like your vodka?
>>
>>25505198
Got as good as zero experience with asking girls out or having any interaction with girls in general.

I've had 1 gf around 6 years ago and that was my friend setting up everything so i didnt do shit.

It was basically my steam friend who told me i had to do this to learn, but it just fucks me up as i dont know how to handle rejections etc.

Thank you for taking the time to answer tho. Really appreciate it.
>>
>>25505467
just pure vodka, thanks. not really in the mood for anything much
>>
>>25496765
Brown liquid that makes me feel different, please. Have recently been redpilling myself on the females. It's not how they made it out to be, man... I just want a nice girl but they're almost non-existant.
>>
>>25505422
checked

>>25505467
you are pretty based OP
>>
>>25505523

Straight vodka, you've got bigger balls than I do. Enjoy.

>>25505536

>brown liquid

p o o i n l o o ?
o
o
i
n
l
o
o
?

That's the nature of the red pill, sadly. The anger goes away after a while, and in my personal case it's been replaced by a slight sense of hopelessness.

>>25505556

>1 off quads
Oof.

I appreciate the compliment though. I didn't come up with the name, the second time I was ever bartender someone referred to me as based barkeep and it stuck.
>>
>>25505486
its no big deal anon, but it will take time, i don't even know how to do it my self really i'm not the best at being charming it makes me feel uncomfortable making complements and stuff like that buts it's a learning experience and one that everyone has to do at some point in time. Just don't find the first person that will be with you and keep them it never ends well.
>>
>>25505609
>tfw you clicked those fucking strret signs just a bit too fast

horrible feel barkeep

hit we with a bell's two hearted ale. pint
>>
File: 1445806255780.gif (365 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
1445806255780.gif
365 KB, 500x275
>>25496765

>Whiskey on the rocks please.

>Been a bad year gone by. Spent the year working a shit retail job, then going to uni and fucking up to the point where I'll probably get kicked out.

>My little brother has developed a serious drug problem and has lung and heart problems fromit but he doesn't want to stop. He tried killing himself 3 times, I'm guessing this drug shit comes from the same feels. My mum has kicked me out the house because now I'm at uni she can no longer control every move I make like she's done all my life, so now she hates me.

>On top of all this I may have diabetes and definitely have a liver problem, and I broke my dick 9 months ago and the NHS hasn't got off their arse to do anything. So I'm now a fat neurotic pervert with erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation problems.

>The only human contact I get is with my brother and hookers, and the latter are tricky. Last time I went was New Year's Eve. I couldn't get it up and ended paying 110 quid to get my flaccid cock sucked for an hour.

T.bh I am just so apathetic at this point the only thing that would make me feel any emotion is if my brother died. I'm looking at the prospect of being a bum with no future and a bunch of serious illnesses, and I just don't give a damn.
>>
>>25505796

Coming right up, m9.

>>25505807

Well, shit. This is how people go over the edge and shoot up schools. This whiskey is on me both for that string tugging story and that gif, one of my favorites.
>>
>>25505907

Thanks mate, just feels a bit better laying it all out I suppose, helps me understand it all, cos in my head the feels are heavy and messed up. Here's to hoping for a decent 2016.
>>
I don't understand how to interact with people any more. I want to be loved and wanted, but I keep fucking things up. I've lost all my motivation and will to live because of derealization and depression. All I do is watch anime all day and wish I was dead.

Gallon jug of vodka please.
>>
Old Fashioned pls
>>
>>25506042

Yeah, here's to hoping for a decent 2016. I'm right there with you.

>>25506103

Not a gallon, m9. I'll get you a small glass, I don't want anyone here getting alcohol poisoning.

>>25506380

Coming right up.
>>
File: 1451879203839.jpg (34 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1451879203839.jpg
34 KB, 400x400
mtn dew baha blast please
>>
Alright robots, time for last call. It's 1:54 AM, I will be closing the bar at 2:10 AM.
>>
File: Best-Layered-Hair-with-Bangs.jpg (29 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
Best-Layered-Hair-with-Bangs.jpg
29 KB, 500x600
lollll this thread

my year has been spent back home where i've had anxiety every night, i miss my new city. i dont really talk to any of my friends who still live here and some of them hate me for some drama that happened years ago. plus my parents are older and sicker.

other than that my body looks great, i've been working out hard the last 6 months and i like my results, too bad it's not doing much for my mental state ATM
>>
>>25501240
Good city. It's a very hospitable place. Hope you make it alright. Godspeed anon.
>>
>>25507097
Most of the time your mental state will follow your physical state to some degree, think about it, even if you get fucked up in your mind you could never beat yourself up over your body because that kind of insecurity doesn't exist. I'm proud of you for achieving your physical goals to some degree.

What kind of drama was that?
>>
Alright robots, it's time for this barkeep to call it a night. If someone wants to keep this place going in my stead then feel free to do so. Goodnight, everybody and have a great week.
>>
>>25507449

You're a decent dude and I wish you success on towards getting qt, school and all that jazz. Do you host these threads much yourself? I might cheer for you haha.
>>
>>25498238
She's not attracted to you and is fucking Chad nightly.
Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.