[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain what the hell's the deal with bronies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 20947849731.jpg (129 KB, 960x639) Image search: [Google]
20947849731.jpg
129 KB, 960x639
Can someone explain what the hell's the deal with bronies? Are they all fat fedora edgelords, or has the internet just blown it out of proportion?
>>
>Are they all fat fedora neckbeards?

Many are, but so are many non-bronies fat fedora neckbeards. Being a bronie is a creed, a lifestyle. We have many in our ranks.
>>
File: fonzie.jpg (37 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
fonzie.jpg
37 KB, 480x640
>>25496048
>inquiring about the "deal" with dead subcultures
Might as well ask what's the deal with greasers, ayyy!
>>
>>25496048
The world is spiraling into degeneracy. At least bronies find happiness in less destructive ways than others. Let them bee themselves

>will never have happiness like that
>>
well it used to be about hiding your fandom as much as possible and talking to weirdos, pretty much like r9k
but then it changed and the fedoras and neckbeards started showing it off as much as possible claiming they're one big fat family
imagine fat neckbeards from r9k suddenly started bringing attention to r9k and showing off their pepe-fedoras and their feels-trenchcoats
thats what happened
>>
>>25498318
I could not have put it better.
Fedora neckbeards ruin everything, and they definitely existed long before the brony fad.
>>
>>25496048
>Over five years and people still get flustered by mlp

MLP was the greatest troll in history, not only from all the delicious, continuous mad it generated from day one, but the fact it got so many people to dedicate and subsequently waste so much time on it, while socially neutering and isolating them at the same time. It trolled everyone involved.

All that with the insane amounts of just content, ideas and creation... it was an amazing ride I was glad to witness.
>>
>>25498944
i'm still on that ride. it's still going steadily enough, albeit slower than before.

i have literally no other hobbies i feel like taking up so i just spend my time on a pony forum all day.
>>
Robots and bronies have a lot in common if you think about it.
>>
>>25499016
Glad to hear the wild ride is still going, I left after the Scruffenings got really bad and all the threads evolved into their own little general hives of niches I wasn't interested in. Since then it's just been occasional derpibooru and increasingly taboo animations.

I really think new anons now missed out on something truly great, nothing will ever beat charting the rise and fall of mlp from birth until slow death.

>The initial public permaban genocide that was the early shitposting after it spread to /b/ from /co/ as mods tried and failed to contain the hellfire
>Early Fanart, early stupid fanfictions
>Youtube content like mlp ytpmv's, mlp ytp's, compilations, covers, remixes, original works
>All these new websites and forums, higher quality art and animations
>Ghostpolitics radio, livestreams, >implyingrigged league, etc
>Early days of /mlp/ shitposting after moot caved to the cancer
>now long dead /mlp/ memes and the first board characters like Rainboom
>etc

How is the ride now? Much changed?
>>
>>25499016
i dont get it, is it ironic or unironic?
>>
>>25496048
I don't know but rarity is best futas, just think of those small white fluffy hips with a thick black dong coming out of them
>>
>>25499468
yeah, new anons will never experience the glory that was 2011-2013ish mlp.

it's not nearly as fun as it used to be, to say the least. everything is just full of dorky dA kiddos.
>>
Fedoras are getting extinct. Most people in the brony community are well aware of the stereotype. People have been wearing fedoras ironically for years now. But it's true there used to be exactly one fedora in every brony meetup picture no matter how big or small the meetup was.

>>25499468
Old brony community was so great. It's still fine, but nowhere close to what it used to be.

The brony meetups are pretty good, I go to brony meetups in my town and they can be pretty nice, although I haven't made any friends there despite being part of the community for years.

We had a nice trip to the park where we ate hamburgers and hot dogs we made and it was pretty sweet. And we played a game and sung Steven Universe songs. Actually, that's one thing that may possibly bother me slightly. I feel so pressured into watching Steven Universe because there's almost more SU talk than MLP talk at the meetups. I hear it's good so it won't be bad, but still, I need to catch up.
>>
File: changed.jpg (36 KB, 489x359) Image search: [Google]
changed.jpg
36 KB, 489x359
>>25499850
That a shame, but I guess it had to start slowing at some point. Glad to see some early anons still around, hadn't seen much discussion about it and just assumed everyone else from back then had either bleached their memories or killed themselves by now.

Took a quick look on /mlp/, glad to see a "I want to cum inside Rainbow Dash" thread up, that makes me smile. Everything else is making me feel >pic related.

>>25500041
Never went to a meetup, I almost wish I at least went to one. Oh well. Nice to see others having a decent time. Can't blame them for the SU stuff really, that's still motivating-ly fresh. Haven't seen it myself, but catching up on it can't hurt.
>>
You're edgier than they are.

I think a lot of them are just friendless guys looking to make friends. Like robots, except less petty, judgmental and masochistic.
>>
I watched and enjoyed the first season but as I was watching the S2 premiere something was different and I just didn't really care to press on with it. Cute show though I guess
>>
>>25499529
it's unironic in the sense that you enjoy it, but it's also ironic in the sense that you enjoy seeing other people suffer when they see you enjoying it and think you're just being ironic
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.