[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
r9k? Why do some people wanna kill themselves? I mean, they can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 7
File: 33347485998373.jpg (72 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
33347485998373.jpg
72 KB, 709x765
r9k? Why do some people wanna kill themselves? I mean, they can make a new life, suiciding means giving up, if u got a problem with your parents or whatever just leave and make ur life instead of ending it. R9k explain the mentality of the people who wants to kill themselves please. Please don't reply with stupid answers.
>>
>>25494465
Too much despair overrides the self preservation instinct to get rid of the despair.
>>
When I wanted to die I hated everything. Leaving and starting over would only mean being pathetic in a new location. I don't enjoy consciousness, too much bad that goes along with it.
>>
Suicide is easy than solve your problems.
>>
i want to because i can't stop drinking and i'm tired of it bringing down the people around me
>>
>>25494605
Yea it's the easy way, but if u try u can change ur life. Like stop giving a fuck. I know that some people feel unbelievably bad and hate everything but they can change it.
>>
>>25494617
Go to a recovery center?
>>
Sometimes people just get to the point where they're tired. They're tired of trying, tired of getting up and doing the same thing every morning, tired of just being. They just want out of a system they don't have the will to participate in anymore.
>>
>>25494696
Yea, really sad to hear that. But I'm sure there are ways to solve problems like this, I'm not a psychologist but I believe there are ways to get over it. But still it's real sad to hear that.
>>
File: sdfsa.jpg (51 KB, 1419x189) Image search: [Google]
sdfsa.jpg
51 KB, 1419x189
The mistake of normal people who have never been suicidally depressed is in thinking that suicide is a matter of rejecting the ephemeral aspects of your life so hard that you think you have to die.

Basically, you think it's like this:
>I hate my apartment. I hate my job. I hate my spouse. I am going to die to escape all this.
and your response is naturally, isn't there a less drastic solution? Even divorcing and moving away somewhere totally different and changing your whole life is still better than killing yourself.

But suicidal depression in actuality is more like this
>I literally cannot feel the feeling of happiness or contentment no matter what I do. I've tried for ten years to feel something other than misery and I literally can't fucking take it anymore. It's gnawing at me from the inside out and I'm tired of trying to just barely hold it down every second of every day. I just want it to stop. I cannot even tolerate being awake anymore.

It's a different thing. It's not that the ephemera of life are bad, it's that the underlying context, the framework of living itself is not tolerable. A shitty living situation is not having anything good to eat - real depression is eating a delicious meal and not even being able to taste it.

And yes I'm aware that probably 98% of depressed people are just the former confusing themselves for the latter, or doing it for attention. But it does exist.

Pic related.
>>
>>25494737

There probably is. But I'm not even sure that if people had the option to solve it would chose to.
>>
>>25494465
These people who want to and/or do solve sudoku puzzle have reached a point in life where they are to tired, and the only way the will not suffer anymore is by not existing, but since that is not an option the next best thing is suicide.
>>
>>25494797
I'm really sad to hear all these things, but now I kinda understand why they don't choose anything else.
>>
>>25494737
>But I'm sure there are ways to solve problems like this, I'm not a psychologist but I believe there are ways to get over it.

Imagine being trapped inside a bubble that makes everything outside the bubble look like it's broken. If someone showed you a device that is specifically designed to pop bubbles like yours, you'd say "well, that's real nice, but that device is broken," because you're still viewing it from inside the bubble.

Most depressed people sit around in their bubble for a long time until something accidentally pops it for them. A lot of people who kill themselves are just 20 years into waiting for that to happen and it keeps not happening.
>>
>>25494465

Unless you believe in a religion or have some other spritual beliefs, life is just a shitty rollercoaster that ends. No amount of peddling by neetcha fags or camus cucks can overcome this. If you can't make the leap of faith, you might as well kill yourself and end all of the ultimately futile experiences of life.
>>
>>25494797
Can't use blanket statements like that. Many people kill themselves on impulse or because they can't pay off their debts, to preserve their families honor, and so on.
>>
Suicide is the only smart choice. If you have a bad life, you should do it. If you have a good life, you should do it. Look at the world around you. Do you think that, in any situation, you could really feel fine with being alive? There is no point to life. We will all die eventually. There's nothing after death, so what we do in life doesn't matter. How we're remembered, what we create, none of it is important. Every person who dies will be forgotten within just a few decades anyway. Even if we have kids to continue our line, to maybe achieve the things we didn't, they will die too. And so will their kids, and so on. The Earth will be destroyed eventually. Even if we make it off the planet, into other galaxies, even if we thrive: the universe is expanding because it's in a false vacuum. A false vacuum eventually becomes a real vacuum, and then it does the opposite of expand. It deletes itself. We are going to wiped out, no matter what. So why bother? Who gives a shit? If your life is bad there's no point to improve it because it all leads to the same result. Even if the universe wasn't going to kill us I would still want to commit suicide. I cannot wait for the emptiness of death to wash over me; to not exist, that's true freedom.
>>
I got born inferior. I can't make a new life. I can't make shit. Thanks to my shortcomings I am expected to be on the low rung of society. Whatever I try or am passionate about is considered compensating and try-hard. I get humiliated on daily basis by normies who get more than me by investing less work. There is nothing for me in this life, either failure and humiliation for about 50 more years(probably less considering my lifestyle) or suicide. I've got the means to do it fast ready, I've just been too much of a pussy so far. But one of these days I'm gonna get drunk just enough to get depressive but not angry. I'm gonna go in the woods and do it.
>>
>>25494950
So edgy/10
>>
>>25494957
Wow dude, really sad to hear that. :(
>>
>>25494950
>Do you think that, in any situation, you could really feel fine with being alive?

Plenty of people are ok with being alive, because they're not depressed. They don't view things the way you do even if it is the objective truth. They view life as a happy ride because that's what society needs. As bad as it is, society needs deluded people to keep it going. If everyone had a purely objective, nihilistic viewpoint barely anything would get done. What would the point be?
>>
>>25495043

>I don't know what nihilism is

While his post did have some edge towards the end, everything he said is completely true.
>>
>>25495046
No you're not. You're happy that it isn't you. And if you were in a group of people you would humiliate/bully me and immediately assume less of me. You're just like the rest of these cunts, because you're not a robot. No robot would ever use a sad smiley face. You're a cunt who got luckier when getting born and you are shitting on those under you. You are a fucking cunt.
>>
>>25494465
Bcuz they're afraid and lazy.
>>
File: 1442166283726.gif (966 KB, 500x391) Image search: [Google]
1442166283726.gif
966 KB, 500x391
>no one telling this normie to GTFO

What happened?
>>
>>25495047
I am not depressed. I am not sad. I am mentally sound. I am just aware of the way the world works. And what I am saying is that it would be for the best if the world just stopped. If everybody woke up and realized everything they do is fucking retarded and they're all living lies. If there was a species-wide extinction. If everyone just gave up. That's what I want.
>>
>>25495119
Need help mate?
>>
>>25495119
Sounds like you have a rolodex of victim cards
>>
>>25495158
Sometimes it's better to try to explain to a normie the truth, so maybe they will become a robot themselves
>>
>>25495168

Well, that's just like your opinion, man.

Originul
>>
>>25495168
Thats madness what you are suggesting but people have lives as distractions from how shit being alive is.
>>
>>25495230

nigga, you need god
>>
>>25495192
This always fascinated me about normies. In their minds you should just take the humiliation and move on. When you get shat on by normies?
>JUST BRO LIEK MOVE ON HURR

Yes people who got dealt a bad hand are victims. Because people around them will put them down whenever they try to overstep their boundaries. But yeah you would rather not hear about that, just have us suffer in silence and accept being shat on for things out of our control.
>>
>>25495119
Trust me, I'm not that kind of person that bullies/humiliates people. I have been humiliated a lot of times by cunts because I listen to metal, I know it's not anything serious but I'm saying just because I wasn't feeling good when these cunts were laughing at me in the public all the time .Idk why they were doing it but still it was annoying. Yea it is not as serious as your problem but I don't like doing what they have done to me, it make me look more stupid. But man, trust me, I wouldn't even think of bullying someone for any reason.
>>
>>25495250
God isnt real moronic shithead.
>>
>>25495257
But is that what I was actually suggesting? The guy went off because someone used a smiley. I mean it sounds like you have a point when you put words in my mouth like that, but in reality you don't(at least about me). If you go off on a woe is me tirade because someone uses a smiley then you are definitely playing a victim where it's not necessary.
>>
>>25494465
>Please don't reply with stupid answers.
Asking people with mental health problems why they have mental health problems and other problems associated with it. You ever considered asking a professional like a doctor or something?
>>
Sometimes I feel really frustrated and helpless, everything around me feels like it's crushing me. I realize I can do nothing to change my situation and I panic. Mind starts to wander off to the thought of killing myself.
>>
>>25495325

*dips*

your failed normie interpretation of it surely isn't, i'll give you that
>>
>>25495337
Hes a victim of his genetics
>>
Suicide is a consequence of your inner death.
That's why it's easier accept suiciders than murders.
It's not a murder when you are already dead.
>>
>>25495375
Strange I usually thought retards were happy go lucky instead of mopey autist.
>>
>>25495362
Yes, I just wanted to see what the people with these problems will say, I mean what they feel.
Also, "no stupid answers "was for those who are going to reply with irrelevant answers.
>>
>>25494465
I don't think most people who want to kill themselves are thinking "Yeah, that's how i'll solve my problems. I'll just kill myself, that'll show them." It's mostly just realizing how pointless it would be to get your shit together or to move to a different city to start life a new. Imagine you've had a shitty life and you've fucked yourself over to a point where you don't have much of a future to look forward to. Killing yourself would come to mind because even if you'd manage to make everything good and survive it all there would be little reward or whatever victory or good you end up achieve just wouldn't be enough, It'd be short lived. You'd die eventually having had experienced more misery than happiness. It's best to spare yourself any extra amounts of shit that would only get you a small taste of non-shit. By non-shit i mean whatever is right above shit but way bellow greatness, you don't even get a reward for crawling through shit your whole life. you just get less shit and laughed at. You'd want to kill yourself too if everything had always been bad and was getting worse.
>>
>>25494465
>I mean, they can make a new life, suiciding means giving up, if u got a problem with your parents or whatever just leave and make ur life instead of ending it.

You assume that there has to be some kind of problem in life to make someone suicidal, rather than just the nature of life itself.
>>
>>25495337
I'll give you that lashing out at that guy for using a smiley face made no sense. What I said is still true, I hate fake compassion when in reality he is happy that someone is bellow him. That's how everyone is, except it's VERY frowned upon talking about it, since it would make the inferior people bitter(like me) and stop them from slaving away for nothing.
>>
>>25494465
For me, it's because I can't work. At least not yet. I'm on disability in my country because of physical and mental impairment. I can make no contribution toward society, I have no friends, and don't have enough money to properly enjoy life. Unless I can unfuck my genetics, it seems suicide is the only option, as opposed to the easy option.
>>
>>25495483
>I have no friends
Dude, you have us, we're not irl friends but at least something to distract u
>>
>>25495542
That's true. This board and my escapism into literature are the only vices keeping me alive, desu.
>>
>>25495576
No problem my friend, if you want we can play some games together on steam ;) Idk if u want, just suggesting options to make u feel better
>>
>>25495542
>distract you
Why do you guys keep saying this? Why do you think it's a good thing? Why do you want to be distracted? If the only thing you have to live for is to "distract" yourself, what's the fucking point? Stop distracting yourself. Stop willfully ignoring the truths about the world. Face it. Look it right in the eyes and know that you have no choice but suicide if you don't want to be a mindless puppet devoid of any freedom or control, constantly chasing distraction after distraction because that's all there is in life. Fuck.
>>
>>25495612
I lost interest in video games a long time ago after non-stop sessions. Thank you though, anon.
>>
>>25495637
It's okay, if u want reply to give u my steam link.
>>
>>25495624

Then why haven't you done it already?
>>
>>25495473
Of course people are like that. I'm sure when you see a cracked out homeless person you think to yourself that you're happy not to be like that... But I doubt you give enough of a shit to ponder on it more than 5-10 seconds. Most of us are probably programmed to feel bad/superior for a shirt time before we move on.
>>
>>25495624
Dude you're edgy af
>>
>>25495624
What truths? Reproduce and die? Thats the only reason you fucking exist but since we are intelligent animals thats mind numbingly boring so we need distractions to stop the boredum.
>>
Suicide is easy.

Turning your life around is hard.

Some people like it easy.

Some people want to fight for their lives,

Other couldn't care less
>>
>>25495766
Wouldn't say it's because we're intelligent animals. But, rather, because of our marginal sentience afforded to us by our biology.
>>
>>25495825

You could have just simplified all of that to most people being afraid to commit suicide, desu...
>>
>>25495680
I am planning on it very soon, it's just hard to acquire materials where I live. I don't want to fuck up and become even more retarded than I already am.

>>25495766
I am not going to allow myself to be victimized by the bullshit fate of the human race. I wish I was a fucking retarded animal NPC like a goddamn normie and I could just suck it up and love life but I am smart enough to see the lies and I hate it senpai. I'm writing a book encouraging others to an hero as my suicide note
>>
>>25495874
Some people don't want to simplify things.

Some people choose to accept that.

Other couldn't care less.
>>
>suicide is easy

I love this meme.

Going against all your biological imperatives sure is easy.
>>
>>25495965
It can be easy if the mind is destabilized and loses it's ability of proper reasoning.
>>
suicide is not easy at all unless you live in a extremely gun friendly place like the US. even then there might be legal difficulties.

let's start with the fact that the fastest, least painful way to end your life is shooting yourself and guns are illegal in most countries. hanging, drowing, jumping off a building are painful too. your only choice is to import nembutal off the darknet. most if not all the vendors are scammers and even if you find a legitimate one there is very little chance it will make it past customs officials.

even if you live in a gun friendly place like the US, having a history of mental illness or suicidal tendencies will make it difficult if not impossible to get a gun license.

you have to be extremely desperate to resort to painful methods like hanging or jumping off a building.
>>
why do people automatically assume that death is bad? its an illogical assumption. life, we know, is shitty. but death is unknown. it could be good or it could be bad. so it seems rational to me to want to leave life, for something that might possible be better. why cant people understand that? also, we never asked to be born, it was done against our will and without our consent. so therefore, we have the right to pull the plug at any time and should not feel guilty for doing so
>>
File: 1397470164262.jpg (178 KB, 1239x795) Image search: [Google]
1397470164262.jpg
178 KB, 1239x795
Exit bag my friend
>>
>>25495895
Victimize by bullshit fate of the human race?

What fate? Infinite nonexistence because that is going to happen to everyone.
>>
>>25496335

Have you died before, anon?
>>
>>25496267
there are too many ways to fuck this up. the part where you have to push the air out of the bag is the hardest. if you do it wrong your head will start to hurt and you will get goosebumps and slowly feel your limbs go cold.
>>
>>25494465
because it's impossible to fix it, I have anxiety attacks, I'm extremely weak physically and my face looks terrible, I prefer to die
>>
>>25495168
It's true, people are slaving away at work, for a pittance. While their superiors sit on their assets and laugh at them. If everyone didn't go to work for a day, the reaction would be inconceivable. It's consumerism that's killed us.

Think about it. Instead of growing your own food, having your own animals, having a meaningful and honest connection with the people around you. The men at the market bartering with each other. Having a reason to exist. But no, instead we interact with faceless images that is corporations, profiting at the expense of our culture.
>>
>>25496367
No and even if I did I literally could never remember it.
>>
>>25496654

Then why are you stating these thoughts about death as if they are facts?
>>
>>25496633
You can not be more of a fag, congratulations on being the biggest fag of 2016 (to date)
>>
>>25496841
Because obviously you stop existing once you die.
>>
>>25496875
Why does my post portray me as being more susceptible to a good rodding?
>>
>>25496922

You can't know for sure, anon.
>>
>>25496633
Manual farming is outdated and bartering is just chaos.
>>
File: 14516293390008.gif (133 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
14516293390008.gif
133 KB, 400x400
>>25494605
>tfw every time I fuck up, I just tell myself "i'll just commit suicide" for comfort
>>
>>25496983
But it's sustainable, 'organic' as it's now called, un-adulterated, and your money won't be going to the Jews, who will end up raising the prices and making things smaller, which has been the trend for a while now.

Bartering is the thing people did with other people, not the self-service machine at your local supermarket.
>>
>>25497080
Too archaic and inefficient you fossil.
>>
I wish it was that easy to move on from what ever it's affecting me. even if you move far away from that place where it's torturing me, I can't cuz thta problem has been come part of... how can ran away from myself? how???
>>
>>25497097
Do you honestly believe that all this processed shit being shoved down our throats on tv adverts that are made to look absolutely perfect and even have 'bun artists' (McDonald's adverts) is a step forward?
>>
>>25494465
Well op it's quite simple really, people want to kill themselves because of their constant failures, fuck ups, and inability to change.
>>
>>25497154
Yes its more advanced than the stone age methods you want to implement.
>>
>>25497220
>gives no reasoning to support your claims being better for a third time running
>>
>>25494737
even if there was a solution it's not like those people would have access to it

life is shit for the vast majority of people, it's like 10% that enjoy waking up in the morning and those people got there through luck.

i know i have a very harsh and painful future ahead of me and it's nice knowing there is a way out whenever i want
>>
>>25496145
there is a reason why people jump in front of trains

few times a year there are suicides by train and they don't even get put in the newspaper around here
>>
File: 1447944768417.png (70 KB, 500x241) Image search: [Google]
1447944768417.png
70 KB, 500x241
>>25494465
>the idea of things getting better prevents me from heroing
>probably impossible though
>still have hope for some reason
>>
>fourteen year old OP gives anti-suicide advice
I hate seeing /r9k/ suffer from this corrupted filth every godforsaken day.
>>
Saying you can just change is useless when you're inherently flawed. A bad seed is always going to grow shitty fruit, no matter how much time you spend cultivating it.
>>
File: 1440480470371.jpg (95 KB, 653x490) Image search: [Google]
1440480470371.jpg
95 KB, 653x490
>>25494465
i have avoidant personality disorder which is basically just a life destroying combo of social anxiety + horrendously low self esteem.

i cant handle irl conversations at all, i will get extreme anxiety and spaghetti all over myself. then be tormented with constant flashbacks of the conversation long after it happened.

online conversations go pretty much the same, although with less spaghetti and me just straight up not being able to think of anything to say. 4chan is literally the only place left on this earth where i feel comfortable speaking my mind.

i haven't had any therapy obviously but i can tell just from experiencing this that it wouldn't help at all. forcing myself into conversations just leads to more spaghetti, which further leads to the haunting ptsd flashbacks of the cringey shit i did/said. it would be literally impossible for me to fix the disorder through forcing myself to leave my shell, it will only make it worse. the best they could do for me is put me on medication that would most likely not even work, and even if it did i don't think it's worth having to go through explaining everything to my parents, then the therapist, and doing that again for however long it would take to get the pills.

i really do not see any possibility of this disorder ever being fully fixed for me, the psychological damage its caused me is simply too deep. since its highly unlikely that i'll be able to be a neet forever suicide is the most viable option for me. i wont even be sad about dying either once it comes to that, it'll be more like taking a giant weight off my shoulders.
>>
>>25498073
Have you been diagnosed?
>>
>>25495046
In some ways it's a simple equation.

1. The pain and hassle and stress of life outweigh the pleasures.
2. The pleasure deficit and pain surplus exist for no extrinsic reason. There's no obvious reward for enduring.
3. When the pain-pleasure balance goes too far toward the pain, there is depression and sudoku.
>>
>>25499120
not professionally, i've been hiding it for over 10 years. i have literally all of the symptoms of it so its pretty much confirmed, it started off as regular social anxiety and then warped into this
>>
>>25500021
Could be autism. Autism involves communication difficulties and being around people when you have autism can be painful, so you avoid it. You won't know unless you see a professional but there are some treatments.
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.