[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is consciousness independent of the brain?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 500x375
Is consciousness independent of the brain?
>>
>>25494096
no, you fucking mook.
>>
>>25494110
>i'm smarter than schrodinger look at me woowoo
>>
They say when you get decapitated you can still see through you're eyes for a few hours.
>>
File: y u mad tho.png (66 KB, 571x372) Image search: [Google]
y u mad tho.png
66 KB, 571x372
>>25494441
Who says that, anon?
>>
>>25494441
more like few seconds
dumbass
>>
File: image.jpg (141 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141 KB, 1600x1600
>>25494511
Executioners
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 600x507) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 600x507
>>25494572
more like exeCUTEioner am l right?
>>
>>25494096
Yes but the mind isnt
>>
See, when you talk about these sorts of things, you really have to be careful, I mean it, these lines of thought aren't as obvious as you'd think.

Of course, we see that any associated brain function will have a direct and immediate affect on the conscious "I".

But it is only through the conscious experience that this is "known," there is no reason to suspect that the brain comes before the "mind".

The mind is the "I" everything that is subjective, all qualia. It is fundamental.

How else would this unification of senses come about in the hierarchy of the physical machine that is our body? Why aren't cells conscious, why aren't rocks conscious? There is information being transmitted between atoms in all cases.

>25494174

This is EXACTLY what Schrodinger says. Read Nature and The Greeks or the ending of his essay What is Life?

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Erwin_Schr%C3%B6dinger

Also more easily accessible are the specific quotes.
>>
I think so. But it probably doesn't last forever.
>>
>>25495042
Vedanta. Upanishads. They all say the same thing. It's Monism. You can't speak of the world without including the self.

Completely agree.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.