[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the north east the worst place to live? The people suck,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: R5_map_colored_small (1).png (76 KB, 750x676) Image search: [Google]
R5_map_colored_small (1).png
76 KB, 750x676
Why is the north east the worst place to live? The people suck, the weather sucks, and views the only thing that doesn't suck can be found elsewhere.
>>
>white people
>seasons
>beautiful nature
>easy access to the coast
Seems pretty tight to me
>>
im from finland and if i got a chance to move to US i'd choose new hampshire
>>
>>25494091
>white people
you aren't attractive anon you literally the lowest of all white society
>>
That's the best part of the country. The midwest is too boring, the west is too degenerate and the south, well.....
>>
>>25494166
best north east place but still sucks, Colorado is like the north east but the people are less shit.
>>
Why is the north east shit? I miss it there, even though I was and am a pathetic loser. Didn't like the people or culture out west.
>>
File: Cali[1].png (741 KB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
Cali[1].png
741 KB, 3000x3000
>>25493993
Posted the wrong pic fampai.
>>
Butthurt southerner detected
>>
>>25494397
Literally God-Tier.

I live in San Diego, from Illinois, fuck the Midwest kek.
>>
How practical it is to live in Princeton NJ or New Haven (Yale), Connecticut, and frequently go into NYC?

I am worried about living in small towns
>>
Literally half of America's all-time best novelists are from NE. This must mean that the comfiness factor is through the roof, seeing how it inspired America's greatest fantasies.
>>
>>25494342
it's so fake the people are all assholes living in their own self righteous worlds. If you can take the religious remark every once and awhile cities or liberal suburbs in the tea line is GOAT. Also the not shitty parts of Florida.
>>
>>25494499
>the people are all assholes
cry more faggot.
>>
>>25494464
Dunno about Princeton, but new havens like an hour away from ny, and there are trains and whatnot
>>
>>25494499
People are like that everywhere IMO. I'd rather be somewhere people are upfront about it than in a place where people fake being kind.
>>
>>25493993
Why Northern Maine is based:
>cold and snowy
>sea-town atmosphere but not over commercialized and loaded with buttshit tourists
>great local fresh food with many farm-to-table markets and eateries
>friendly people, mainly because close proximity to canada
>all four seasons, but never boiling temperature - always comfortably chilly
>some of nation's best outdoors
>outdoor hobbies like skiing, rucking, rockhounding, with beautiful scenery

If that sounds like it sucks, you can go right back to the godforsaken south where your kind belongs
>>
>>25493993
You consider Maryland northeast? Were Mid-Atlantic m8
>>
>>25493993
From PA

Can confirm is god-tier state
>>
>>25494658
it's nice to be able to have people just ignore you instead of being actively dickish
>>
>>25493993
>Virginia
>West Virginia
>Maryland
>Delaware
>Pennsylvania
>New Jersey
>Most of NY
>Connecticut
>Rhode Island
>Massachusetts

>Northeastern

Pick one
>>
I think virginia is considered the south
>>
I hate living in Connecticut. Is Maine an affordable state for a twentysomething to live alone in?

>>25495303
It's like the butt of New England, it's the furthest anyone in the region is willing to travel to.
>>
>>25494987
What is Massachusetts then? Other than a shithole I mean.
>>
I've lived in the deep south all my life and it honestly wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for a few things.

1. Nasty and vicious white trailer trash and ghetto black people everywhere.
2. Economy in the south has been shit ever since jobs got exported out of the country.
3. Nobody controls their crazy aggressive dogs and then acts bewildered when somebody gets bitten.
4. Welfare queens popping out more kids fucking everywhere.
5. The South actively continues to enforce marijuana prohibition and treats it like the devil while pill abuse is off the charts and killing people off.
6. Lots of cops here are just fat stupid rednecks with hair trigger fingers that got the job for the power.

I don't like the South and I don't see why people would want to live in the northeast either. FYI OP Virginia and WV are generally considered the south still. If I could afford to ditch the South I would and go live in Colorado, Oregon, Washington, or Idaho.
>>
>>25493993

The Northeast isn't the worst place to live in the US.

You also have 2 separate regions/cultures in there by the way, New England (everything east/northeast of NY) and the Mid-Atlantic (NY, NJ, MD, DE). WV isn't really part of the Northeast either, it is more connected to KY, TN and OH.

Anyway.

New England is awesome, save for a few cities in Connecticut. It's probably the best part of the US (of what I've seen... the Pacific Northwest sounds really nice though). Fiscally liberal, but most places are surprisingly socially conservative. It's also very white and serious violent crime rates are pretty low compared to the rest of the country.

The majority of the Mid-Atlantic sucks. New Jersey is fucking horrible and is mostly a crime-ridden garbage dump, NYC is an overpriced tourist trap and most of Long Island is an over-crowded shithole. There are some nice parts of upstate NY but most of it is ghetto post-industrial cities and depressing small towns. NY is liberal and bureaucratic, but on the positive, you don't have private prisons and draconian laws like most of the US. PA is pretty nice and comfy once you get away from Philly. MD and DE are shit.

The worst part of the US is probably the south. inb4 I get accused of being a liberal. Most of the urban south is just as liberal as the northeast, and most of the conservatives are neo-cons anyway. Besides, the weather is disgusting and the demographics are not too good. Would you move to South Africa if someone told you "hey the whites there aren't a bunch of damn liberals"?

I can't really compare other parts of the US, the farthest west I've ever traveled is Western PA.
>>
>>25495613
Where did you live in the south? i live in a city in middle Georgia and it's fine and lived in a town in east Massachusetts and it sucked.

The people are liberal especially in college towns but aren't as militant about it. And there are conservatives around but not overly militant except for a few exceptions if you go into the deep south. the weather is great the only problem is the summer but it's manageable.
>>
>>25495596
>4. Welfare queens popping out more kids fucking everywhere.
liberal north has tons of welfare queens

>6. Lots of cops here are just fat stupid rednecks with hair trigger fingers that got the job for the power.
better then overplayed cops overly enforcing speeding

>1. Nasty and vicious white trailer trash and ghetto black people everywhere
depends where you are

>5. The South actively continues to enforce marijuana prohibition and treats it like the devil while pill abuse is off the charts and killing people off.
stay away from rural
>>
>>25495303
Virginia is most definitely the south. That includes NoVA too, as much as it pains most of you NoVAfags to admit.
>>
>>25495967
Bullshit.
Just to inform the Europeans and Australians, Northern Virginia is one of the richest places in America and they don't have a Southern accent. Everyone there works for the government/military.
>>
>>25494464
Grew up in Princeton. It takes ~1hr by train.
>>
>>25494397
LAfag here, yeah, I hate this place. It's not the worst though.

I wish there were somewhere that had the convenience and vibrancy of LA, but with actual weather and people that weren't so shitty.
>>
>>25496201

It's vibrant because of the people.......
>>
>>25493993
>The people suck
fuck off to california or alabama or indiana or whatever cuckold region you'd rather live in
you don't belong here
>>
>>25494166
new hampshire fag reporting in. The winters are unbearable, but seeing as you're a fin fag, then you'd probably feel right at home. Not a bad place at all, the southern bit anyways. plus it's 40 minutes by car from boston, which is an amazing city. if the cold killed itself, id stay here forever.
>>
>>25494433
interesting, i was in san diego just last week... bought weed off a surfer dude who said that he moved from Illinois.......... could it be
>>
>>25495967
Moving to VA from CA very soon - can't wait.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.