[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here had good memories playing this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 21
File: kuukukuku.jpg (287 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
kuukukuku.jpg
287 KB, 1000x562
Who here had good memories playing this game?
>>
Played on a couple /r9k/ servers with mods and a few people, that was fun. Otherwise not really, and unfortunately those servers shut down after a few weeks.
>>
Such a good game. Sad the fandom is faggy kids and annoying youtubers.

Also sad how each of my save files have have inevitably been destroyed. Maybe I should have used backups...
>>
>>25491971
that game is so /comfy/ , i always played it alone in creative mode , built some nice shit
>>
I loved it when i first started playing the alpha

Now it's kinda boring desu senpai
>>
I hate the fans of this game. It's actually a pretty entertaining and comfy game, but it does get boring after a while. I've definitely had some comfy times playing this, me and my buddy used to take shifts between the PC and xbox whilst getting high as shit and it always used to be this game
>>
Is it still good? I heard a lot about it but now Microsoft owns it and I don't want Bill Gates putting spyware on my computer or something for a dumb game.
>>
Playing it right now, friend. LAN-partying it up with two buddies.
>>
>>25492412 This is the only right way to play it.
>>
>want to play it
>never end up building anything interesting
>singleplayer minecraft is one of the most depressing things in the world
>friends don't want to play it anymore

JUST

I really liked duping TNT and trying to hide it like contraband. I didn't even use any of it, it was just fun trying to hide shit from the strict admins.
>>
I used to play the shit out of faction mode in minecraft. I was in a faction with bunch of guys from /pol/(we met on /pol/craft). We invaded this server full of 13-18 year olds and fucking obliterated them. We'd have a nazi-theme going in all of our bases and personally I'd always leave a swastika next to every base we fucked up. Also lots of cursing at muslims and niggers was done. Was fun times, the kids hated us.
>>
>>25492509
OMG I remember playing Serious Sam with my dudes on a LAN party. COMFY AS FUCK
>>
Minecraft was great. I started playing in 2010, I think, whenever it was still in alpha.
I played on a server with a bunch of really great people and we built amazing things. We had an Island of Machines where everything was automatic. We were stoked when hoppers came out, we built huge sorting machines and had automatic mob farms. A tremendous amount of engineering went into it all.
When that server got dissolved, I started my own. With industrialcraft, railcraft, buildcraft, and project red. I had a whole fucking computer that controlled all the automatic systems in my base (not a general purpose turing machine, but a complicated state machine). I know it was autistic as fuck but I loved it. I could build whatever I wanted. It gave me a kind of freedom I can't get in the real world.
My server is long defunct now and I haven't played minecraft in years. I miss it, though.
>>
File: 1412001967716.gif (2 MB, 300x290) Image search: [Google]
1412001967716.gif
2 MB, 300x290
>>25492602
>OMG
why
>>
I was like 19 when this game started getting posted on 4chan and thought it was babby shit, never interested me one bit.

Turns out I was right and only little children and teens on the spectrum played this game.
>>
>>25491971
I have good memories of playing with a few buddies from back in high school. It's a fun game when you're feeling creative, but boring if you can't think of anything to do.

I would probably still play now, but I don't really enjoy playing games like that alone anymore. Honestly, I've tried to cut back on vidya as a whole. It's not as fun anymore.
>>
File: 1449726653304.gif (776 KB, 500x642) Image search: [Google]
1449726653304.gif
776 KB, 500x642
>>25491971
used to play on a /vg/ server with some great anons. made a few friends on skype, and left a little mark. the server died and lost everything and i havent played since. I was thinking about getting all my minecraft people together and making a new server.

I loved going on long journeys to get resources and coming back to teamwork some awesome buildings and villages. I never used a minimap, and i was never very good at making maps, but i liked making waypoints and outposts to guide my way from place to place. The music is just amazing, and the comfy feeling of watching simple things like waterfalls is very relaxing.

>smooth texture packs ftw
so modern chic. its really a great social game, and it was teh pioneer in current resource based adventure/building games. It has its merit, but the fandom just ruins it. I hate the fans more than griefers.
>>
>first time one of my friends kills themselves I find out while playing Minecraft
wew good feel lad
>>
File: townpic.png (1 MB, 1440x786) Image search: [Google]
townpic.png
1 MB, 1440x786
2012 neverforget was quite fun
>>
>>25492412
I liked it for pretty much the opposite reasons. I mainly played challenges like Super Hostile, where you spend the time trying to survive shit. I'm not creative and trying to make blox look pretty was pretty hard for me, but the ability to change the environment to complete a challenge was fun.
>>
/r9k/ server when?
>>
File: 1366644899922.gif (2 MB, 266x148) Image search: [Google]
1366644899922.gif
2 MB, 266x148
>>25491971
Right the fuck here.

I loved stealing peoples shit and burning down their fucking house or setting up TNT traps.
>>
>>25493958
>tfw no /r9k/ server with only a couple fun mods and a few regular players
>>
>>25494102
>>25493958
We have had several servers. They all die after a few months.
>>
>>25494394
Yeah, that always sucks.
>>
It's a fun game if you have autism. I still play occasionally on 2b2t.
>>
>>25494068
The best part is watching them return home from whatever and getting all mad in the chat box.
>>
>tfw nobody plays vanilla Minecraft
>tfw everybody just wants to play gay mods
>tfw everyone is < 18
>tfw any video with Minecraft-related content has a 30 second animation featuring diamond pickaxes and dubstep at the beginning

I sometimes fire it up and play survival SP. Had the same world for a few years. Not done much but had a lot fun. Gave up on MP years ago.

Best memories were during indev/infdev. I remember downloading my first texture pack, it made everything a reddish colour. Was absolutely beautiful.
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 500x373
>>25491971
I remember when I could roleplay with cringing, I used to play on medieval servers with Towny, being a vassal and running my town was fun.
>>
File: 38.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
38.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
I have good memories but can't enjoy it anymore.
All the servers I played on don't exist anymore and the game is obviously really different to how it was when I first started.
Pic related, it's one of the earliest screenshots I could find.
>>
me

I got in just before the nether, had a lot of fun building my first world and playing around with a slingshot mod. I've also done quite a lot of multiplayer and built a few cool things. This game taught me boolean logic and basic logic gates before I studied electronics, which was helpful.

It felt like there was so much potential to be realised back then. It's a shame the game is a little lackluster and many things were half-assed. On the other hand it gets too much of a bad rep from /v/ types because there are so many bad fans. It's also a good thing that Minecraft is the 'in' game for children, since it's quite creative.
>>
>>25494759
>slingshot
I mean hookshot. The thing was great, it preserved momentum so you could go flying around the world like spiderman. My first base was in a valley (or as good a valley as alpha worldgen could create), so I would hookshot up the side of the valley whenever I left the base.
>>
A lot of the foundest memories I have with my best friends were in that game
We joined a server during the really early stages of the alpha left it and came back a few years later
The server became one of the biggest in our country and one of the old friends we had back then became the main admin.
We always had some fucked up project like heists, gang revenge when someone insulted us on chat, putting signs insulting people, making shit up and stealing houses, basically we acted like a bunch of asses and became known as the "retard bunch" which became the "R.B" but since we were good friends with the main admin, we always got off scott free with our shit.
until one day we took it too far and were forced to live on a distant island they called Retard Resort where we were free to do whatever the fuck we wanted but people were autorized to kill us for a reward of like, 10 diamonds if they saw us on the mainland

god I miss those times
>>
>>25494682
oh, tell me about it. Just look at ANY server list website, it's all "24/7 FACTIONS RAIDS PVP MINIGAMES" "PRISON, COPS AND ROBBERS RAIDS MINIGAMES 24/7" "TF2 SERVER WITH MINIGAMES 24/7" "MINIGAMES 24/7 HIDE AND SEEK SURVIVAL GAMES"
I just want a server with as little plugins as possible.
>>
>>25491971
i didn't because i was 14 when it came out
>>
Back in my last year of highschool, my cybrog friend and I shared a free-period where we'd sit in the computer labs since we couldn't socialize in the common room where all the chads and stacys went. For a few months it ended up with him setting up a tekkit server and have the most comfiest times at school just expanding our base from scratch.

Come December we'd make santa skins for our characters and make a comfy log cabin on a snow biome and roleplay as hunter-gathers making it through winter.
>>
>>25491971
me. played alpha in 2010. I don't play a whole lot, anymore, because the game changed so much. too many normies and 12 year olds on servers now.
>>
File: best girl.jpg (28 KB, 408x472) Image search: [Google]
best girl.jpg
28 KB, 408x472
>>25494717
havent played in years, but this just makes me want to go back and build a bridge between those two plateaus. fuck me, i really loved minecraft once upon a time. I would be so enamored to just play it with friends again one more time. But then id never quit.

>>25494808
i dont mean to sound like a faggot, but i am a huge flaming faggot but that sounds like a fun experience to have had. It might be sad, but i feel like you could write a book about that. a book that is aimed at video gamers that could sympathize with you. I would read it.
>>
>>25491971
>first time playing MC, single-player
>wander around all day just feeling the joy of life
>get eaten by scary spiders
>panic and build a boat
>eventually starvation drives me to this caldera-like structure with an opening
>desperately fight to wall it in, spiders and skellies keep dropping down from above
>build fortress that hugs the mountain, going ever upward
>finally reach the top of the 'volcano', which is actually a mountain range
>start building ever more ambitious lookout posts for my foraging
>start expanding my watchtower into a glass gallery, then I stop fearing the creeper and take a leap of faith
>it takes many hours to find sand to make enough glass to cover the entire crater including the open face in glass
>slowly start disassembling the fortress
>eventually come to the conclusion that everything else but floating panels of foliage connected with waterfalls in wasteful and confining
>quit because I realize I've turned into a fag

The history of human architecture encapsulated
>>
>>25494819
Factions is cool stoppinf people from dedtroying your homes
>>
anyone who was around when notch first made a topic on tigsource? it had only stone and dirt back then but we still built pretty cool castles out of that
and when he first made mp and introduced some other kinds of blocks, that simple piano music, it was really nice...

i think my best creations were an incredibly huge underground dungeon with tombs and dead ends and a colossus, only played a few months though
>>
>>25494933
those dubs prove you to be true friend.
>>
That shit was the BOMB. I remember playing it back in Beta 1.3.
I started out the multiplayer experience with a cool server. Not too many people, it was chill. I made friends with the mods, with the players and all that.
One day, I get mad at a faggot that came in my mine especially to kill me, flame on the forums, and get myself IPB& (I was playing with my brother on a laptop on this server). About half a year later, it seems to have reopened, and my best friends (I remember their names to this day) have been banned for typing with their asses and generally not being mature enough. I don't know why I was still there, I was 11 or so at the time. I quit and the server closed shortly thereafter.
When I was 12, I joined a RP server, and I'm still on it. The community is pretty shit tier on the website (John Cena, shitty local maymays, all that fucking cancer being spammed and mods doing jack shit about it) but most of the actual rolists are cool.
>>
>>25494977
I think factions is the only good "game-changing" server mod. I was more complaining about the servers that have every single plug in known to man, or the server owners that think factions are an excuse to have little to no rules because that makes it "hardcore".
I made some really good friends from factions servers.
>>
>>25494908
well I do have some stories to tell about that time but I'm not really confident about my writing
but hell, who knows ? maybe one day
>>
>>25491971
I remembered the first time i played

I thought you could make fried eggs by tossing a chicken egg in the furnace
turns out no
>>
Ah, now I see.

Minecraft is the new Runescape.

The game which everyone has played and everyone can talk about.
>>
>>25495157
shit dude, i spend my time on /lit/, you're writing is probably miles better than the shit i see. Go for it. If you marketed it as a contemporary gaming experience in the form of a biographical novella from the perspective of your minecraft character, you could probably make a dime if you published it. granted your only buyers would be the sad and depraved straglers of the fandom. and if there is still a fandom, dont tell me.

im not even joking. minecraft fans are literally retarded
>>
Played offline 2010/11 and then briefly played online in 2012 with a few online friends.

Shit was comfy as fuck, we spent entire days and nights just chatting shit and building stuff. We each went our own way over time and server disbanded.

I can only play it now for about 10 minutes before i just alt f4 and do something else. A lot of dumb changes like magic, hunger and potions rubbed me the wrong way too.
>>
>>25495215
But I thought to be the new runescape you had to be completely empty...
>>25495193
Haha, everybody thought that. When the earliest materials are a furnace and an egg...
>>25495331
I think the main problem is 90% of playing minecraft is manual labor. Laying down brick, harvesting plants and reseeding, breaking stone block after stone block, and in creative building feels like even more of a chore. Nobody likes minecraft for the building they're gonna have to do, they like it for the vision they have for a building, or what they've already done.
>>
File: 1346394187[1].jpg (15 KB, 280x224) Image search: [Google]
1346394187[1].jpg
15 KB, 280x224
Great memories playing this game, still play now because thats the only thing that runs on my shit college laptop. But back when I played with my friends on a private server was amazing.

>took over village in the desert with a band of friends.
>slaughtered all the villagers
>fortified the village, digging out mines and bunkers.
>everyone working together, group mining expeditions everyday, and mob hunts everynight.
>everything running smoothly, eventually it got a little to comfy and boring.
>friends secretly splitting into factions and building secret chambers inside the base, hoarding resources etc.
>My close friend and I even dug out a station deep underneath the fortress, having train tracks that lead to a cliff side base far away.
>Hid at new secret base for a few days, come back to main base
>Realize that shit went sideways, there was a war and it was every man for themselves
>I knew exactly what to do
>detonate all of the tnt that I buried underground before hand, base turns into crater, everything is lost.
>completely satisfied

A lot of what makes minecraft fun is your own imagination.
>>
File: 1451788423468.jpg (7 KB, 287x298) Image search: [Google]
1451788423468.jpg
7 KB, 287x298
>>25492591
I wish I was there, seemed like a blast
>>
I always played on servers, but only played to have the feeling of playing with others and knowing I'd interact with others, but I'd build like 10,000 blocks away and build an amazing castle or underground city and the admins would always say nice things to me but all the servers I did this in eventually died.
>>
>>25495561
Same here man
Fucking hell, I feel like I miss on every fucking thing... The good period of Warcraft, of Runescape...
>>
>>25491971
> factions server
> spend a month building kickass base
> ally betrays me
> claims all my land
> steals all my shit
> destroys my base
> sperg out, get kicked off computer

Eight grade was fun.
>>
>>25495561
It was pretty fun. We started up as just three people from /pol/ but we eventually took in people from the server. We had strict rules though, no squeakers, no kids and we always talked to the person on skype before recruiting them and if even one person disagreed they would not get in. Thanks to that we've never been betrayed. I actually did lots of kinda evil stuff.

For example when one faction had special named gear I would make the same gear and arrange it so that it seemed some other factions stole it. This led to faction wars that lasted weeks surprisingly often.

Or once our leader actually made a google spreadsheet for searching the map and we searched all of it and wrote down all the bases and coordinates in the spreadsheet. Then we took down everyone on the server in about 3 days. The server actually had to reset since everyone quit.

After that the kids ganged up on us and made a huge alliance(we were outnumbered easily 10:1). So I made a fake account and fake skype and joined them as a newfag. Since I knew my shit and didn't sound like my balls didn't even drop, I would quickly grew in ranks in their little aliance and I would systematically destroy their bases and take their resources secretly. After some time everyone started blaming everyone else for my crimes and the whole thing just collapsed.

There was lots of funny shit we did there. Anyone interested?
>>
>>25492482
> Microsoft
> not making everything spyware

You've got to give your email to play MC already; they've got plans to connect it to Xbox live. Yeah, later versions will be spyware.

> implying program written in Java doesn't make your computer vulnerable as fuck already
>>
>>25494068
Griefers are fucking scum and deserve to die.

If you think griefing is funny you're clearly underageb& and should mill yourself.
>>
File: 1441891190188.png (353 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
1441891190188.png
353 KB, 576x432
>>25491971
Started playing it in alpha, just before the Nether was a thing, and the game cost like 10 bucks. The simplicity back then was bliss, I could spend hours building shit or just chilling on servers with whatever skype friends I had back then. Community was smaller and friendlier, wasn't populated by aspie, creeper-hoodie-wearing 12 year olds, and all around good times were had. I haven't touched the game in like two or three years now.
>>
>>25494819
There are a handful of plugins that are pretty much must-have. Mostly performance things or shit that should be in the game but isn't.

It's because of faggot youtubers that mine craft faggots want to do massive modpacks to emulate their false gods.
>>
Does... Does somebody wants to make a good old vanilla server?
>>
>>25495759
Sounds pretty good. I'd like more
>>
>>25491971
I never really like the creative mode, I only like the survival mode
>>
>>25494628
The most satisfying reaction I ever got was when I logged in on a random server by accident (forgot to change the ip when my friend's server moved), and destroyed a ton of shit before just logging off. Turns out the guys looked up my username, found me on myanimelist, and flamed me on my wall.
>>
Everything after beta 1.4 is shit
>>
I used to play Skyblock constantly with my friends. Joined as a Guest and eventually made my way up from Mod to Super Mod to Admin to Co-Owner of the server. It was great fun. Eventually I gave up being helpful because it became apparent that kiddies had booted all the competent players out of the server. In the end I just used to WorldEdit giant islands and build huge cobble generators and pay slave children to mine them.

In the end I managed to rig the donation system so that all donations went to my PayPal instead of the owner's, and made off with about $500. Was bretty gud.
>>
>>25495934
We would also take ransoms. Once we found a base and told them to either pay up or we will destroy them. They just laughed at us, so we destroyed them but as a little icing on the cake I made a huge message from cobblestone in the sky next to their base that said
>YOU COULD HAVE STOPPED THIS
Needless to say after that most people payed up pretty fast.

Like I've said before we were a group of people from 4chan so lots of kinda strange shit was happening. One of the guys we took in was a jew(legitimate IRL jew). He would take all the gold for himself and he made himself a room all out of golden blocks and would always talk about his shekels. After this someone else made what they called a "Jew monitoring station" which was a room filled with signs that were reports of what the jew was doing and bunch of 14/88 shit. The admins were not pleased.

The division of labor in the faction was interesting too. The roles have formed naturally, we had a leader who was IRL Chad, tall, good looking, studied finance, had a hot gf. We had the extremely autistic guy who loved sorting stuff and didn't speak much(when he did he was stuttering). We had a black guy who was stereotypically dumb but really loyal. We also had a guy who was extremely edgy and would always argue with everyone(he made the jew monitoring room). We also had the potion guy, cannon-builder, wall/defence designer(me), autistic miner, redstone guy. It was really nice how people took on roles and worked in a team without knowing each other.
>>
>>25495930
Make a Towny or factions server with few plugins as possible
>>
>>25495777
> implying program written in Java doesn't make your computer vulnerable as fuck already
Explain please /g/ desu
>>
>>25495930
I couldn't bother making one, but if you ever do, shoot me an email at [email protected]
>>
>>25496109
Yeah, I kinda have to agree...
>>
>>25496207
;-; I miss these times without even having been on there ever
You're a great storyteller, got any more to share?
>>
>>25497043
http://tech.jonathangardner.net/wiki/Why_Java_Sucks

> bloated
> full of exploits
> tried to be a cross-platform language, made shitty cross-platform programs
> superior languages have come since
> only reason it still exists is because of Minecraft

It's pretty much flash-tier shit.
>>
>>25495831
I don't do it because it's funny; I do it for the adrenaline rush of possibly getting caught.
Nothing else in Minecraft involves being sneaky or taking any sort of risk.
>>
File: 1445680039145.jpg (33 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1445680039145.jpg
33 KB, 400x388
Alright, so who's creating that /r9k/ server?
>>
>>25497454
I'd play if it had Tekkit Classic or Lite. Nothing really game breaking or changing added, but just enough to keep busy and occupied with extra stuff.
>>
Breaking off contact with anyone who suggested that game really improved my circle of gaming buddies.
>>
I played on and eventually moderated a small public server (generally 5-10 people on, most ever was around 20). Really diverse, one of the admins was in his 40's, another was a girl in her 20's (?), and I was a teenager. Server eventually died when the owner stopped caring for it (didn't update, didn't give a player their donation rank).

I built a ton of cool shit on there and poured 20 IRL days onto one server. I had my first home built into the jungle, the a railroad connecting it to an amazing mountain base. My friend and I built a city with huge walls and filled it with everything we could imagine. I have so many fond memories of this server. I'm doing a tad better now socially but minecraft really helped me through a tough time.

Saddest memory is when a regular on the server came over to my base and we started chatting. (We were the only ones on the server at the time). I built a windmill from Ocarina of Time and had note blocks hooked up that played the Song of Storms. He really liked that and then opened up to me about how he had severe depression and wanted to an hero. We talked more and he found out how young I was (fuck off mods I'm 18 now). He was surprised and the conversation kinda died down, then he left. He never came back on the server and I always wonder what happened to him :(
>>
>>25491971
I played it with my senpai and have very fond memories of playing with him.

I haven't seen him in two years now why ;_;
>>
>>25497646
>I ignore everybody that likes games I don't
I'd imagine your "circle" is just you, and not because of that autistic rule
>>
Alright robots, when I come back tomorrow I wanna see a Minecraft Nostalgy Factions server

Good night to you all
>>
The game was good for quite a long time. Then Notch stopped working on it, and they hired Dinnerbone, Searge, and others from the community, and the combination of bad developers and no imagination led it down a terrible path.

Then there's the modding community, which has always been cancer, and now basically only exists so that modders and modpack makers can make money off of other peoples' work.

I miss the old days of this game, when everything felt magical.
>>
File: ascii pepe.gif (535 KB, 640x636) Image search: [Google]
ascii pepe.gif
535 KB, 640x636
You fags could be having a good time playing it now. There's a big /r9k/ Factions server up at intcraft.eu, they're doing PepeCraft and it's fun as shit.
>>
>>25497198
You're literally an idiot.

Demand for Java is going up. It's never been faster and more secure. No joke.
>>
>>25491971

> good memories

All I remember is shitting my pants in the dungeons from the fucking jumpscare enemies and those god damn zombies mumbling through the walls and the random ambiance noises, not to mention pitch black ravines.

Fuck Minecraft. One of the most terrifying horror games I've ever played.
>>
>>25491971
Played during the beta with a friend, I was hosting the server.
It was cool.
But I'm not interested anymore, it feels cancerous.
>>
>>25498832

intcraft.eu:8123

The whole world is just one big Pepe.
>>
>>25498982
>mods
>memes

Why?
>>
>>25498982
intcraft 16.0 when desu
>>
Modders ruined Minecraft. Notch never wanted people to mod the game. He didn't fight it, because he knew it would be bad press, but he never openly accepted or encouraged it. They even killed off their early mod API, and it took years before a new plugin API was mentioned, but it's still vaporware.

Modding created a cesspool of servers that sell game items and who send legions of children to attack Notch when Mojang threatened to crack down on it. It's literally why he left.
>>
File: nederlands over alles.png (107 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
nederlands over alles.png
107 KB, 854x480
>>25499013

>his fortress isn't built on the hand of Pepe
>he will never walk the length of Pepe's lips
>he will never explore the vast Chin Expanse
>He will never dive into the depths of Pepe's Eyes
>he will never build a city where Pepe's thumb and forefinger meet

You're missing out lad.

>>25499109

Hopefully not any time soon. We haven't even hit 12.0 yet.
>>
This game is literally autismo

What's the fucking point? Building blocks with Super Mario 1984 graphics?

I'll just stick to Legos irl at least those have better graphics
>>
I wanted to create a mod for minecraft that would make it similar to Dwarf Fortress. Not anything industrial based, but more expansive upon the world, adding mobs, and ores, and layers of stones. Any ideas?
>>
>>25499481
Do you know how to make mods?

Y) It shouldn't be hard.
N) Learn how to make mods first.
>>
Play FTB with mods. Fucking love making giant bases inside mountain.

Trying to automate my nuclear reactor with AE2 at the moment
>>
>>25499481
Terrafirmacraft
>>
>>25491971
>be 2013
>be in community college program for network administration
>basicaly have the entire room and all the computers to ourselves
>a bunch of people downloaded Steam and were playing games already
>walk by random dude's computer during lunch break one day
>see he's playing the browser trial version of Minecraft
>"oh hey Minecraft I started playing it a while ago, it's pretty fun"
>basically convince the guy to get the full version, a couple of other people in our class also get it
>Guy sets up a Survival server from his house
>log in
>everyone just has a dirt house
>teach them all the basics like cave & mineshaft navigation, mob farming
>set up animal & veggie farms
>spend countless nights into the early hours of the morning cave-exploring with mostly the guy who ran the server
>soon enough we have several outposts, each with their farms and buildings, railways connecting everything that tunnel through entire mountains
>branch out into all the different biomes, build treetop fortresses in the jungles, build lavish homes
>occasionally have to rescue the other guy who's miles deep in a cave with no sword or wood to make a sword, or salvage what he had on him after a creeper blew him up.
>drop out of program because be too dumb
>still play on his server a bit, at this point I'm mostly tending to the farms and breeding purple sheep
>he removes monsters
>game is still survival though
>stop playing
>his kid starts playing instead
>she gets a good base for a semi-creative world

it really is better with other people.
>>
>>25499298
Well the surivival mode, as the name implies, is all about seeing if/how long you can survive in the elements with nothing but your our own nubby fist and eventually tame the wilderness (they also added end-game and mid-game bosses eventually) and appreciate the fruits of your own labor.

Creative mode IS sort of like Lego, but you can't create solar-powered railway system in Lego.

Maybe you can? I haven't touched a Lego in about 20 years, but with the nearly-limitless possibilities you have in Minecraft you'd have to spend a million dollars on Lego bricks to come close to it.
>>
File: 1436653548506.jpg (140 KB, 500x497) Image search: [Google]
1436653548506.jpg
140 KB, 500x497
>>25493958
tfw r9k server running strong after over half a year, kek

desu I love these people. Never felt closer to a group of complete strangers.
>>
I still play it. I have a single player world from way back when the adventure update happened that's entirely vanilla and stacked with good shit.
It gets incredibly boring after an hour though.
>>
>>25500011
what's the address for it?
>>
>>25491971
I had some the best memories with the 1.2.5 update. I finally found a good factions server where not everyone was completely hostile, so you could meet up with people, actually build shit on the surface without it being blown up, and interact with people without a fear of dying all the time. It was a tekkit server too so you wouldn't run out of things to build after 2-3 days. My experience on that was rounding up a group of guys and one gal to overthrow the most powerful faction on the server. God damn those were some great memories. I don't talk to any of them anymore though. Why can't 2012 come back?
>>
>>25500386
intcraft.eu
>>
Someone set up a Tekkit server.
>>
>>25491971
>not wow

JUST
>>
File: cat nug.jpg (68 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
cat nug.jpg
68 KB, 500x375
>>25500752
thank you anon

im so original
>>
Man, me and my pal just got on the intcraft server. All it is is shitty memes and kids camping newfriends at spawn with guns wew. Also the ground isn't even grass, it's clay. There are no trees in sight.

TO ANYONE GETTING ON INTCRAFT: it's a shithole, don't get on (^:
>>
>smash block
>it reappears

honestly this drove me off
>>
:( what a great game man. i got it during beta but watched LPs since alpha. Played town servers, then faction servers, then MCPVP where i was a moderate big name and top 20 in terms of richness desu. then i went back to factions hwere i was Super srs on some big servers. met a lot dudes who were great friends, but dont talk to them anymore. i will admit i was a squeaker when i started
>>
I still add on to my city once or twice a year.

And yes all the buildings are fully furnished.
Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.