[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No matter where you're from, what your color is, what day
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: bed.jpg (247 KB, 1854x1236) Image search: [Google]
bed.jpg
247 KB, 1854x1236
No matter where you're from, what your color is, what day or time it is, how shitty you feel, your bed will always be at your place waiting for you.

Lets have a moment to praise our beds and be aware of how much we love them.
>>
I have been waiting my whole life for this thread. Pillow top master race here.
>>
>tfw the warm embrace of your bedsheets
>>
File: rsz_weighted_blanket.jpg (1 MB, 3456x2592) Image search: [Google]
rsz_weighted_blanket.jpg
1 MB, 3456x2592
>that feel of your comforter and waited blanket embracing you
>that feel of hugging your micro-fleece blanket and your teddy bear.
>>
Beds are comfy for lounging but I always fall asleep faster and have a more restful sleep on the floor.
>>
>>25490503
This is a nice meme.
>>
Fuck my bed. it's a piece of shit. feels like a rock.

I really need to buy a new fucking mattress.
>>
>Currently in a job where I work 24 and 48hour shifts sometimes so we have an on-call flat
>The bed in the on-call flat is maximum comfy
>Guaranteed to be late for work the next day because I oversleep

I don't even fight it anymore, I've just told the boss that I won't be on time if I'm coming in after being on-call. Being woken up in the middle of the night is the worst feeling though.
>>
>>25492971
what the fuck kind of job do you have? medical?
>>
That's literally my bed OP, crazy. Was a fucking pain in the ass to put together.
>>
File: IMG_1928.jpg (2 MB, 2592x3456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1928.jpg
2 MB, 2592x3456
>>25492510
pic of my micro-fleece blanket and my teddy bear... Also, a couple playmobile people and a patch.
>>
>>25493022
Yeah, doctor. Currently working in psychiatry so it's quite chilling but they mostly admit people at night.

The bed isn't even anything special, it's just weirdly comfortable.
>>
>>25493224
The ones at my fire house aren't all that comfortable, but that's probably because they went with the lowest bidder.
>>
>>25493388
Compared to some of the on-call rooms and hospital accommodations I've stayed in, these flats are properly kitted out instead of just being a room with ensuite and shared kitchen or even just a room sometimes with shared everything.

The last job I had I only did shift work so on-calls were only 13hours but they were all resident on-calls, so there was no room for juniors. Our 'bed' in that job was two wooden pallets with a bedsheet on it and a blanket. Everytime I got any sleep on it I would wake up in crippling back and hip pain, which wasn't ideal when I had to go to a trauma call or something. Still better than nothing I guess.
>>
>>25493666
They didn't even have a chair or sofa to sleep on? Why not just sleep on a unit if there was just some wooden pallets to sleep on. I've slept in ambulances many times. The back is the most comfortable, but I've slept in the officer's seat plenty of times too. I've even slept on the hose bed of a firetruck.
>>
>>25490503
Friendly reminder that if you don't have a waterproof mattress protector on your bed, you don't love your bed.
>>
>>25493942
No, I think it's because when you're working a night shift you're expected to not be asleep. The room this makeshift bed in was our office, it wasn't there until someone brought it in. There is a mess but you have to leave the main building to get to it and if your bleep goes off you'll have to walk back to the main hospital if you have to see a patient.

The ambulance ranks are right outside A&E and if they knew I was there they'd ask me to review everything who comes in with any joint pain or a fracture just because I was around so I tried to stay away from A&E as much as possible.

In my older jobs I used to go the part of the admission bay they closed off after midnight and sleep in one of the assessment beds until someone wanted anything. Sometimes I'd sleep in some of the visitor's room on wards on a couch but I would always be longer than the couch and it would hurt my legs when I woke up. A couple of times I've slept on the desk of the doctors office but my old boss kept getting annoyed at me when he came onto the ward early and found me asleep in the office in the morning. To be honest in my first year I was still getting to grips with things so I went to go see most things I was asked to. Now, I try and do as much over the phone as possible unless someone is like literally dying.
>>
No fuck that, I had my bed for 15 years, it has loose springs and sharp spikes sticking out. But I can't be fucked to actually buy a new bed, but I do have very somfy blanket and long pillows I sandwich myself between to sleep comfy.
>>
>>25490503

My bed was made in 1937. Don't think of it as some antique bed, think of it as something with completely slack springs, with loads of missing slats. I just can't afford a new one.
>>
>>25494480
How did you keep it made all these years? My comforter would have at least been on the floor by 1970.
>>
So comfy. Like this morning I didn't want to get out at all, since it felt so cold outside the bedsheets. When I finally did I found out it was only about 50F in my room, but thanks to my bed I didn't even notice.
>>
I don't have a bed, I sleep on a shitty couch.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.