[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Turned 30 in 2015 >2015 was the year I completely failed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: 1451665362806.png (10 KB, 929x257) Image search: [Google]
1451665362806.png
10 KB, 929x257
>Turned 30 in 2015
>2015 was the year I completely failed to understand popular culture

Anyone else in this boat?
>>
>>25488908
I'm 25 and it's slowly happening to me too.
>>
File: zViHW.jpg (655 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
zViHW.jpg
655 KB, 1600x1200
>33
>tfw too old to get pokemon references

meh
>>
>>25488957
On my part it is intentional ignorance, at some point I just got bored of the way new trends are forced on people every year. When you've seen it every year for long enough you start to filter most of the shit out and only focus on the very few good new things that grasp your interest and start to comb trough the past on things you have missed.
>>
>>25489336
This 2bh. I hate the celebrity culture most. I don't think it's grown so much as changed since the dawn of twitter and internet celebrities. I feel like puking anytime I'm on facebook and some wankstain shares a clickbait article like, "This tweet from Nicki Minaj to Pewdiepie will blow your minds!!!"

And if you click it you get this bad crop of a tweet with a grainy picture of some nigger and the most unintelligible bollocks you'll ever read about bae and manbuns and emojis.

Whatever happened to just buying a poster of someone? I'm fairly certains kids still did that until around 2011.
>>
>>25488908
Nah, 4chan keeps me pretty well informed.

The problem isn't with comprehension, it's with the enjoyment of it. A lot of stuff made for teens and people in their early 20s is just boring to me now, since it is derivative of things I've already seen. (and the things I enjoyed in my 20s were also derivative of things that came before, but they were new to me at the time).

One benefit that comes with age is getting a broader perspective on time, and how a lot of things are only fads or don't matter in the long run. So many people get upset over the latest shocking thing some singer did. Doesn't matter. None of it matters.
>>
please just kill yourselves at this age.

i don't mean to be rude, but /r9k/ needs to stay as a place for young people, who either have a good future or no future

many of us plan to kill ourselves at 30/35. you guys should do the same, there's no bright future for you and it's only going to get worse
>>
I was like 19 or 20 when pop culture started seeming retarded.

Are you guys telling me at 25 years of age, you kind of understood the appeal of celebrity culture, tabloids, top 40 music, reality tv?

30 is the year that it happens to normies.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.