[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At what age video games stopped being fun for you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 13
File: VikgM14.jpg (31 KB, 300x360) Image search: [Google]
VikgM14.jpg
31 KB, 300x360
For me it's at 25. Now it feels like a chore.
I really really wanted to be exited for dat wii u giant robot open world anime xeno blade crap but its just boring crap...i just cant go on...i cant
>>
>>25488447
Like 18 cause of depression.
>>
19 and all games feel boring now
Blade and Soul coming out soon and maybe theres some hope in that.
>>
Something like 16 or 17
I still play sometimes but most of the time I'll start a game, play it an hour and never open it again.
>>
>>25488569
That's very early, but can relate to
>I'll start a game, play it an hour and never open it again.
>>
>>25488447
it was 24 for me, the same as anime
>>
Like, 12? Video games are for fucking children and if you played them past 15 you are a fucking manchild.
>>
like 19 or 20, i stopped playing them until like a few months ago

i bought a new video card and decided to play some newer games. just beat batman arkham knight and far cry 3. about to start assassins creed unity today.

they're casual easy games but idk, they're good time wasters i guess.
>>
Around mid 20's nothing is fun anymore, compared to childhood anyway. Something to do with the brain.
>>
19 but I simply changed my drugs
vidya to (fan)fictions
>>
Around 18 (i'm 19)
Don't even really know why. I still like them but i don't care much about it
>>
17, it just kinda happened, not sure why. One day i just couldn't pay attention to what was on the screen, their all so fucking boring to me.
>>
Probably at age 20, and that was 4 years ago. Since then my PS3 has pretty much become a Bluray player that gets netlfix, crunchyroll, and youtube.
>>
I stopped at around age 19 and then started again at 24.
>>
>>25488921
>fanfiction
You somehow managed to find the one thing more pathetic than video games
Good job
>>
I'd hate to be you faggots. I'm still playing and enjoying games at 28.
>>
>>25489016
>I'm cool because I'm old and still have a pathetic, childish hobby
>>
>>25488599
You're delusional if you're serious. There are countless chads out there who still play video games while still having a normal social life and a girlfriend.

The problem is not video games, but the amount of time we invest in it. Also depression might affect that. I strangely play a lot more video games now that I got over my depressive state (a lot more being like an hour a day or something).
>>
>>25489043
Fucking right. I'm married with a full time job and a baby on the way. If I want to play Fallout I'm going to.
>>
24 years old, sometimes I still play them though out of routine but I can no longer do those hours long sprees.

Anime is still nice but its effect is wearing off.
>>
>>25489139
This dude gets it.

I still play them, but holy shit I can't sit there for longer than 2 hours playing a game. There is shit to do around the house, have to make dinner, do wash, meet up with people, or even just stop to watch something. I couldn't imagine sitting there playing for 6-8 hours straight like I used to.
>>
>>25488447
When I was 15 coz I have lot of school coz teachers though I'm smartest kid in universe. But I started playing again when I was 18.
>>
I still like smash bros 64 better than when I was a kid, when though there's hardly anyone to play. Also adventure games with a solid action and maybe some planejation.

Unfortunately for me we are in the age of micro baked video games so theres hardly any of those.

Skyrim might make your forget yourself a little with its music and visuals, but all else is literal casual baby trash so the illusion falls short quick uppon closer look.

Also like dragons dogma, but this game is kind of bare out of combat.

So there, I cannot like video games nowadays because it targets the lowest common denominator troglodyte while barely trying. I can still entertain myself a little, but I aways end up thinking how things could be.
>>
>>25489043
0/10
Normalfags also play video games
>>
I can only play casual shit like WoW or TF2 for passing time, bought DBXenoverse at sales, it was breddy good for while, then it became too hard so i quit. Too lazy for grinding anymore.
>>
>>25489255
Do you have a Wii U? We could par on some Smash Bros.
>>
>>25488447

25 also....played NES, PS1, xbox, 360, then found warcraft at 21, played that and nothing else, met a girl..played together, moved in with her/moved to norway.... addicted to the leveling, the gearing, the proffessions the pvp etc etc etc....break up....realise im addicted to nothing but leveling up...MMO is shit when on your own.....stopped playing it and didnt play anything until 28....at 28 started playing poker....fucking love it.
>>
>>25489330
that ending, I didn't expect that lol
>>
File: 1451345548610.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1451345548610.jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
Around 15 and it was just after I had built a high-end PC. Last game I played was WoW:Cata, haven't played a game since. Lost all my friends because they only played games. Now just spend my time on r9k, listening to music, and trying to watch anime / movies.

>tfw I can never play a game and feel happiness
>>
File: 1451773467347.png (611 KB, 708x996) Image search: [Google]
1451773467347.png
611 KB, 708x996
Corporate Society has robbed you of the sense of wonder in order for you to chase after material possesions and slavery

Since you have no other options,

Use the weed le lmao for your games.

Seriously
>>
>>25489263
>normalfags can't be pathetic
>>
>>25489077
>married
>full time job
>child
>implying any of these things stop you from being a loser
>>
>>25488447
I was so excited for halo 5. Got it, played for a few days, absolutely hated it, dropped it. It's been two months and I'm still pissed off at how bad it is. It's so rare that i find a game i like anymore.
>>
>>25489662
says the NEET to be h fom
>>
File: who you talkin to my boy.jpg (34 KB, 525x503) Image search: [Google]
who you talkin to my boy.jpg
34 KB, 525x503
for me it was 18. I saw all my friends lives going down the crapper.

>2 guys flunking out of college
>0 had gfs
>0 getting laid

i still hang out in the skype group and love them to death but getting the D wet is a better focus on all that.

>still play civ when no hw, still play smash with the boys when im high af
>>
I don't think games got less interesting to us personally.. I just think games got less interesting in general..
>>
>>25489662
I never said I wasn't a loser. I wouldn't be talking to faggots like you if I wasn't.
>>
>>25490401
>but getting the D wet is a better focus

Dude, why? I left my bro's at 11pm friday night for a fuckbuddy.

I felt like an asshole. Bro's before ho's
>>
I think 3 years ago.
But I discovered Factorio a week ago.
I play it 24/7 and can forget about the feels.
>>
>>25488447
Your hormones have changed. When you were a child, new things excited you. Now, your body/mind craves reward. Get a game that's rewarding, even in a small way. If you're skillful, get a skill-testing game like LoL or similar. If you're not, pick a grinding game like clicker heroes or Path of Exile.... It's your own failure that you can't find a satisfying vidya.
>>
>>25488447

most games suck to me to be honest. only time i really have fun playing them is if im playing with a friend other than that i only play when im listening to podcasts or something to keep my mind off how dull the game actually is
>>
>>25490539

>skill
>league of legends

pick one
>>
there's not a whole lot worth playing for adults

league is flowchart gameplay with retarded unplayable ping for east coasters

dota takes too long, forced 50%, great game otherwise

csgo is coinflip 12 year old friendly FPS trash. they fixed the ranks but the game has massive diminishing returns once you can point and click like you have a brain. basically unplayable netcode and gameplay

fighting games are rock paper scissors, not really rewarding

single player games aren't rewarding for people who have actually played games for more than a few years. it's all the same shit with really bad stories

its only natural to get bored of things if you played games frequently theres not a whole lot offered
>>
About 6 years ago, after I got bored with Modern Warfare 2

33 years old now. PS3 died last week, literally didn't care
>>
>>25490641

MOBA game in general are always pretty bad and in th end just time wasters. no real fun to be had unless playing with a small group of friends

CS:GO is similar but as you said poorly netcoded

fighting games aren't exactly rock paper scissors if you're playing the right ones. mostly reaction based. though good news is you don't need many friends to enjoy them

i whole heartedly agree with you on the single payer games front
>>
Games started being fun again for me once I stopped caring what everyone else was playing and started to just play games that looked fun. I mostly just play my WiiU nowadays, or fighting games. I'm casual but happy

Pic related, comfiest game I own aside from Yoshi's Wooly World
>>
>>25490668

i got bored with CoD after playing it at a friends house. it's not a good shooter by any means. especially on consoles aim assist does most of the work for you.
>>
>>25490813

thats what matters desu
>>
>>25490633
yeah, but the game got the skinnerbox concept down absurdly well. i can only imagine most people play the game until they can unlock a new character
>>
File: 1445802501682.gif (83 KB, 256x480) Image search: [Google]
1445802501682.gif
83 KB, 256x480
All these fucking posts about CoD... get the fuck out normies reeeee
>>
>>25490794

dota seems to be one of the few games people cant just grind a million hours to learn and be good at. you see dudes with 4k+ hours making RETARDED decisions. its refreshing to see a game that isnt just who cares the most and rewards aptitude of some sort. it's just a shame it takes like 5 hours to play 3 games and the matchmaking will drag you through hell with nonwhite players
>>
>>25488599
Found the femacunt
>>
>>25489636
>feeling superior than normalfag while posting on 4chichi

ha
>>
>>25490894

Oh thats for sure and then once they unlock that champion using no life points they then buy 15 dollar skins and riot gets more money.to make more broken champions to continue the process
>>
the only games I can play for extended periods and repeatedly are games like bloodborne and dark souls. I also like dragons dogma too. most games bore the shit out of me. I bought shadow or mordor and almost fell asleep playing it
>>
They've started being a chore for me when I was 16 maybe, but I didn't have nothing else to do back then and I still don't...
>>
i've transitioned into making them (i have a few released ones that no one plays)

i always though game programming would be hard but turns out i like it a lot. still can't bring myself to enjoy playing new releases though

the me 5 years ago would be jizzing his pants over persona 5 but today i don't care
>>
>>25490965

thats because in thoes 4k hours they never cared to really learn hot to git gud half the time you get thoes kinds or retards on your team and being such a team based game you will lose because of that thats the biggest problem with moba games the saddest part is it's not even about skill. just common sense
>>
>>25488447
2016 is going to be such a good year for games. Xcom 2, M&B, Dark Souls 3, Deus Ex 4, Persona 5, everything is coming out this year.
>>
>>25488447
sixteen

i can still play sometimes, but only like... multiplayer shit
>>
Everyone, try Mount & Blade Warband, it'll really suck you in. I hated video games for ages and then played this for 12 hours a day once I got into it
>>
>>25491231

people attempt to do tryhard broken picks / boring shit and still get owned tho + i think a lot more people study the game now like watching streams and all of that but they still cant learn the game somehow

i refuse to believe someone who invests 4k hours doesnt care about the game enough to attempt to get better. its such an insane amount of time esp considering some of these guys started in like 2012 / 2013
>>
At 17

I realized how so much progress I made with video games skills wise yet I didn't fix up the problems I was going through with my real life. Video games were my escape to my then shitty life. Now, I don't find amusement to them at all which is why I find PC gaming and current gen a waste of money.

It gets annoying when I get asked what video games I play which I haven't touched in 2 years.
>>
>>25491239

All those games sound boring af
>>
To everyone who grew out of games, did you fix your life? If not, what else did you do to fill the time?
>>
>>25488447
around 19
yet I still play some comfy old school games or indies when I got nothing to do
but most of the time I'll buy something on steam sale and play it only for few hours
most things I used to enjoy arent fun for me anymore, tv series, sports, guitar, drawing
>>
>>25491331
>af
Yeah, because you're a shit taste normalfuck
>>
>>25491306

But the evidence is already in front of you lol
>>
>>25491348
No, if anything it made the depression worse because I could sink my time into a game instead of browsing r9k for hours on end.
>>
>>25491377

thats pretty sad to hear. I'm sorry anon
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 500x386) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 500x386
>>25488447
I literally got too lazy for videogames and I noticed new games didnt bother anymore.
I mostly liked playing them for the story but I realized any other medium is much more enjoyable since you don't need to be good at it to progress and no 10+ hours of padding
I still have a huge backlog that I am slowly clearing though
>>
I still enjoy them at 22. The trick is to find other things to do as well so you don't get too burnt out. That said, I'd probably get more enjoyment out of video games if I had friends to play them with, and I haven't been excited for a new game release in years.
>>
>>25491348
r9k, drinking, sleeping, depression, thinking alot about life and random stuff
sometimes I browse deviant art etc
I still play games even tho they bore me most of the time after awhile
I just want to finish atleast some part of my 250+ steam library
yet it's more of a chore now tbqh
I am depressed and tired of life, i do everything rly slow
for example it takes me about an hour to make food and eat it (i am hungry skelly 135lbs not a fatass)
day has only 24h if you sleep for 10-11h like me, there is not much time left
day after day week after week time passes pretty fast already
>>
>>25491512

games today are basically pointless with out friends to play them with .
>>
>>25488447

Around 20... League was almost unbearably addicting the couple times I got into it 2 years ago... now it's pretty meh once you realize the gameplay is basically the same every time. Garry's mod would be cool if it had bigger servers/more people but didn't allow stupid spammed models by 5 year olds. CS: GO is kind of like League... but it is kind of fun when you can turn up the speakers and shout plans with your team over the mic while in the middle of a gun battle.
>>
File: pepe andross.gif (73 KB, 600x563) Image search: [Google]
pepe andross.gif
73 KB, 600x563
>>25488447
At 21
Then i stopped playing for half a year and then they became fun again.

Maybe you are just burned out.
Don't force yourself to play videogames or you will hate them even more, even if it's your only hobby especially if it's your only hobby.
>>
About 22.

Now I only play them at Christmas when I come home and drag out the PS1 and play my childhood games because I don't know how else to eat the time.

Just got 100% on crash bandicoot 1, fuck yeah
>>
18 and I've tried to enjoy them since then. Almost 21. I have yet to find a hobby. The only option for me is to play video games on a bunch of Adderall because that makes it entertaining.
>>
File: 1429383634571.jpg (42 KB, 450x536) Image search: [Google]
1429383634571.jpg
42 KB, 450x536
>>25491547
right in the feels... you ruined my day brah.
i played a lot of multiplayer games with my friends back in the days.
>>
>>25491547
Nope, multiplayer is always shit
>>
>>25491547
Pretty much. The only multiplayer game I play often these days is Red Orchestra 2.
>>
I'm 21 and only play NBA 2k on occasion, but when I have kids I'll definitely play with them and with toys and stuff
>>
File: 1393010482876.jpg (53 KB, 412x500) Image search: [Google]
1393010482876.jpg
53 KB, 412x500
>>25488447
Try to play games less, it should restore some of their novelty when you actually do sit down and play. Also, try to play older games, start getting into a series that you haven't played yet or play an underrated gem/cult classic. I recommend this game, it's very non-linear and it gets pretty twisted. Have a walkthrough beside you though, you WILL get lost.
>>
>>25491682

Protip dont bother. It's fucking shit.
>>
>>25490813
Rayman legends is so bad on the wii u, holy shit.

the PC version is better.
>muh pc master race

Not even that, it's because of the shit control of that little frog on the wii u pad and the auto scrollers that it had.
>>
17/18 years old when depression kicked in. I still play some games but not as much as I used to. Now I am more interested in books and all that hookybydoobydydoo
>>
File: pennjillette.jpg (23 KB, 254x307) Image search: [Google]
pennjillette.jpg
23 KB, 254x307
>>25491715
>He doesn't like Shadow Man
>>

I used to be like you. All sad n shit. Grow up you baby, it means the old reasosn you played video games for dont apply anymore. Now you have to play them and put in some effort to see why theyre fun.
>>
20, being in your 20s playing video games makes you a loser cuck
>>
>>25488447

I used to play a ton of video games.

I spent the last couple years of it playing Dota 2 with my friends. It kind of went Dota 2 and Css ruined single player games because they were less exciting and then all games got boring because Css and Dota are so repetitive. I also really liked Gears of War when I was 14 and was very good at it.
>>
>>25488447
IKTF famo
I've been meaning to sink hours into Fallout 4 but I just can't into it
>21
>>
>>25491928
good thing I'm in my 30s then, lol owned
>>
>>25491967

You have all of the 2040s and 2050s to play games, but you wont have your youth
>>
File: 1450999894672.gif (499 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1450999894672.gif
499 KB, 500x281
>>25488447
21 - my age now.
I want to game, but nothing seems to interest me anymore...
I always wanted a gaming PC, but I don't know if it is worth it now.
>>
>>25492576
wrong image. oh well.
>>
15, because of depression.
Now at age 23, the depression still hasn't gone away.
>>
I'm a neet loser, only game I really still play is wow. Most of my time is spent here. I need to get a life.
>>
>>25492576
what is this gif from(being muted for the third time now zoozle)
>>
26 now, I stopped really enjoying vidya at 23. I still play tf2 once or twice a week, though I don't particularly enjoy it most nights, I just do it. Mostly while drunk.

>>25489734

Same boat. Halo 2 and 3 we're my jams any one point. Only games I played for years. Reach, the debacle that was 4, and now 5 have turned me off from the series forever. Pretty sad.

At this point I'm returning it when xbl runs out, and getting a ps4 for those jrpgs.

Jrpgs will bring back the magic, r-right guys?
>>
>>25488447

24 was where it all went downhill for me.

i started working and having to deal with people who could perfectly balance a professional life with family and a rich social life.

suddenly spending my days watching movies and playing video games stopped being fun, i couldnt get imersed any more, all i can think about is that i shouldnt be doing this.

Now i mostly browse the web.
>>
probably around 20 for me, runescape lost its magic, then I picked up league and that was literally the final nail in the coffin. I havent enjoyed a video game in years
>>
Video games are fun, the problem is probably that you do not do anything else.
The most fun I've had with video games is when I could relate to video games IRL, like a summer when I played Final Fantasy X and swam like a motherfucker with my friendusu in the motherfucking oceanu desu.
>>
>>25491582
The truth is almost always painful

>>25491589
maybe for whatever shitty games you like to play

>>25491640
good game to pick senpai
>>
>>25493432
>normalshit thinks it has good taste
haha
>>
>>25491955
Fo4 isn't really as deep as the others so i can see why

>>25491952
that tends to be the problem with alot of games poke around and see if you can find some other titles you might like. if you still have those friends see if you all can get into other completive team games

>>25492576
I think thats from games themselves becoming worse, basically what >>25490442 said
>>
>>25492748

I loved H2 and H3, halo 5 is considerably better multyplayer wise than Reach or H4 though if you haven't yet played it. reminded me of halo 2 in a lot of ways
>>
>>25488447
The only game that has still some excitement to offer me is dota 2 and I had to stop it since it take to much time out of my day
>>
>>25488447
After hitting 20 every single game, including old ones for the nostalgia effect, felt insanely boring to me
>>
When i was around 18. I still play sometimes, but not like i did.

Every game just feels the same. Played one shooter and you've played them all ect. No innovation at all. Just soulless commercialized shit over and over.
>>
I don't know if I'm just becoming bitter or if video games are just getting shittier and shittier. The fallout series was my favorite vidya series and after playing 4 hours of fallout 4 I got bored and haven't touched it since. Every new game coming out feels like its meant to appeal to the Jimmys of the world and have no level of difficulty or sense of adventure. I've been playing my PS2 and N64 and have been having some great nostalgic memories playing games like Zelda, Jak and Dax, Sly Cooper, Mario 64 ect
>>
>>25491348
I just moved on to other mediums.

I read a lot and watch a lot of films instead of spending that time gaming.
>>
>>25491589
There are basically zero new single-player games worth playing.
>>
>>25491928
What is this? 1980? Video games are about as normie and mainstream you can get.
>>
>>25494555

>>25491239

There will be this year
>>
I don't think I enjoyed games even past 15 but I felt an obligation to the runescape clans I was in as they were the only group of friends I had. Winning massive wars with the same group of friends were some of the best times I had online.
>>
>>25488447
I started playing competitive SSBM. If you have friends/ can hook up net play it can become very fun.
>>
>>25494453

underrail is good & pretty difficult, you should check that out
>>
When i stopped having friends who played.

Gaming is largely boring alone.

Multiplayer alone sucks because you're stuck with randoms who will intentionally or not ruin the game a lot of the time. Plus most stuff is team orientated, so if you don't have a team it's just sucks solo.

Singleplayer sucks because going against AI is either not challenging at all or they just make the game completely unfair to compensate.
>>
>>25494555
i had fun with dragon quest heroes, but then again i love dragon quest so my standards were low
>>
probably around age 21. however every now and then a game comes along that gets me excited for a few months. games like torchlight 2, rogue legacy, bravely default, fire emblem awakening. None of them hold the power that video games used to back in the days of red alert, starcraft, or diablo 2.

i have fun playing each wow expansion for 3-4 months before it gets old again and i move on to something else.

recently ive been playing this freemium phone game called star wars: galaxy of heroes. It's actually surprisingly fun
>>
i'm pretty balls deep into smash bros rn but thats it really.
After I started getting more into djing/producing i almost completely dropped video games. Music gave me the type of satisfaction vidya once did, but it's much more productive of a hobby and has no foreseeable end.
Imagine the best game you've ever played in your life but it went on forever. Thats what music has done for me.

I wish i still cared tho since some new game look like fun. But i'm better off this way.
Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.