[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>play video games from age of 9 >play between 5-14 hours
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 126745823479ab35.jpg (48 KB, 530x800) Image search: [Google]
126745823479ab35.jpg
48 KB, 530x800
>play video games from age of 9
>play between 5-14 hours each day
>get experience in all genres
>tfw u still suck at competetive play in anything
>tfw in your language "you were playing your whole life" sounds the same as "you were losing your whole life"
>tfw dad says this to you every day

there are people who make money on gaming and Im a scrublord in anything I try. Its like sucking at sucking in life. Anybody else knows this feel?
>>
>>25487401
the people who make money don't really enjoy it fuck head. There is some jewtube shit about league of legends homos who practice 14 hours a day. Fuck that.
>>
>>25487401

I know that feel bro. I like fighting games but losing online is demoralizing.
>>
>>25487401
>experience in all genres
this is where you fucked up
you're competing against people who focus on 1 game
>>
maybe if you stuck to one genre instead of bandwagoning around like a faggot you'd be good at something

but you didn't and you're not so tough shit
>>
>>25487401
>>ti proigral vsu svoiu zhishn, anon
>>
File: 616087376.jpg (224 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
616087376.jpg
224 KB, 1440x900
>>25487519
Na sosach, bydlo!
>>
>talent is overrated, put in the time and effort and you can do anything :)
you should have known this was not true a long time ago anon
>>
>>25487554
those who have only put in minimal effort have no right to talk about talent
>>
>>25487881
over 10k hours spent playing is minimal effort?
>>
File: 1451895274429.jpg (29 KB, 184x279) Image search: [Google]
1451895274429.jpg
29 KB, 184x279
i know the feel, same way. competitive games are garbage anyway. if youre not good at competitive games its because you never cared enough to devote time to them in the first place. just stick with your shit anon.
>>
>>25487554
this. no matter how hard you train you will never be as good as someone gifted with talent
>>
>>25488032
its true if you're a faggot.
>gifted with talent
nobody is gifted. its just the way they choose to live their life senpai desu
>>
>>25488078
>>25488009
but how much devotion is enough devotion? doing something 10hours a day is plenty of practice yet some people never break some barriers

I have never went more than gold V in lol for example yet I had spent over 3000 hours I guess... it looks quite like an investment to me
>>
>>25487961
>over 10k hours spent half-assedly playing around, not doing deliberate practice, probably learning bad habits, making the same mistakes over and over again
vs
>over 10k hours practicing well, learning good habits, iteratively improving with each hour
10k hours of bad practice is worse than no effort at all.
>>
>>25488108
do you even like the game.
while i think its true you cant be born gifted or any kind gay shit like that. people are born with different kinds of accommodations that can help them be better at something, but that means they only have a head start at something you can also do. You need to realize that being good at competitive games relies on other factors. Shit like stamina, reaction time, how you react in tense situations. Shit like that. Maybe you need to train your self out side of lol. I think youre just training in the wrong place, make sure youre studying items, champions, tactics. Watch lol tournaments. Get the knowledge to get the fuel units.
>>
File: she did it better than me.jpg (133 KB, 604x383) Image search: [Google]
she did it better than me.jpg
133 KB, 604x383
i know that feel OP, i play rhythm games (osu!, Stepmania, KShoot mania, Phaseshift, osu! mainly tho), i felt amazing at the beginning, the sensation of improving was like a drug.
Now I got stuck at the same rank, no improvement, I'm actually getting worse over time.
I even ruined my wrists and fingers because how much i played.

It makes me want to seriously kill myself so badly
>>
>>25488490
highest tiers are reserved for asians

>tfw u werent born an asian genius 180iq
>tfw u could be famous as korean player
>>
>>25487401
Next time your dad says that, remind him that he's "losing his life" the same way by watching sports or TV.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.