[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2 years into uni >cut off all contacts with old friends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: 1442266457068.png (347 KB, 551x371) Image search: [Google]
1442266457068.png
347 KB, 551x371
>2 years into uni
>cut off all contacts with old friends even though we study on the same city
>one of them just sent me a message, he wants to talk and stuff
>"come on we're both busy but I have some free time today what do you say"
>I've rejected his invitations four times because I don't want to be awkward, saying I was busy/delaying it

I don't want to be silent, have nothing to talk about and ruin everything even more, but right now we are in our home town and he could just walk here to visit me
What the hell do I do. I need topics, stuff to talk about typical things to say when you haven't met a person in years
>>
Why''d you cut off all contact? You didn't fall for /fit/ cocoonmode meme, did you?
>>
>>25487104
I can't really make or keep relationships, usual social ineptitude

I really need something to use when the conversation starts to get slower. He's a good friend and I don't want to be remembered by him as awkward and boring
>>
These are the symptoms of avoidant personality disorder. I have it too and isolate myself from all friends because Im such a worthless loser. What would I talk about with guys who have wifes, girlfriends, well paid jobs? Nothing, there is nothing
>>
>>25487209
There must be something even if it's just asking about them. I want to fight this but I don't know how
>>
File: Ziggy.898.png (79 KB, 320x318) Image search: [Google]
Ziggy.898.png
79 KB, 320x318
I'm an older guy and I have done the same thing over the years

My advice to you is to explain to him that you find socializing very difficult, even with people you genuinely like (like him!)
Tell him you appreciate his offer but you are finding it much too difficult of late.

He will either understand or not.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.