[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did you find your current apartment and how did you move
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: superthumb.png (35 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
superthumb.png
35 KB, 300x250
How did you find your current apartment and how did you move there? My place is a disaster. Expensive, cold, bad plumbing, you name it. There are lots of good places in my city but I don't know how to get there.

>no money to pay overlapping rents
>landlord is an asshole so getting my deposit back might take time
>no money to hire a van
>nobody to help me carry stuff

I'm fucking stuck.
>>
>>25485258
I am 19 years old. I've lived here for 2 weeks before I turned 19. I pay 550 dollars a month for all utilities included studio apartment on the 3rd floor. It is in the ghetto kind of. Minorities give me dirty looks when I walk in public. A tweaker attacked me on Christmas day outside my apartment complex. Our gates of our apartment buildings are locked at night and you need a key to get in. I don't have a car. But I am joining the air force. Because that tweaker attacked me I'm going to pay a bit more for an apartment just to live in a safe comfortable place. I already notified them I am going to move out. I'm going to try to get a uhaul without a credit card as I have 3000 dollars saved up.
>>
This is why people without friends are fucked. You legitimately have much fewer options. Can't be roommates with a friend, can't crash at a friends house if you need to, can't do many things that require two people, assorted tasks are more difficult.

Does anyone in your family know someone who owns a pick up? If so, maybe you could get them to haul some stuff for a twelve pack or something. Or maybe that's just how things work out in redneck land.
>>
>>25485297

Nah there isn't anybody. My dad has a bad back so I can't ask him to help either. I could crash at his place but there'd be no room for the furniture. So I'd need to get the dates perfect and the deposit back without any arguments.

I suppose I'll start selling stuff and giving some away, finding sturdy boxes etc. Might actually be cheaper to order stuff from Ikea than move all this junk.
>>
>>25485335
You could put up a Craigslist listing or something up stating you're looking for help moving some stuff and need a pick up truck.

My state (Vermont) has something called Front Porch Forum which is perfect for stuff like that, it's basically a local craigslist for neighbors and stuff like that.
>>
>>25485258

Find a room in a shared house on Craigslist. Show them a pay stub so they know you aren't totally broke.

Also, bullshit on your inability to pay two rents, you can save the money up over a couple months. If you can't, you are living like an idiot. You should always have a few thousand in an emergency fund for situations like this.. Pain is what you deserve. Now Live on milk and potatoes for two months while you save up
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.