[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /nohobbies/ here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 1448060208156.png (84 KB, 1123x1204) Image search: [Google]
1448060208156.png
84 KB, 1123x1204
What makes a hobby? What are your hobbies? Do you have any? How do you sustain interest and motivation in your hobby? Share your hobbies, anon.

When did you realise you are a boring fuck and have no worthwhile interests?
>>
I don't have a hobby currently. There are certain things i'm into, but not really any manner of expert on. I'd like to play chess, but I don't really enjoy computer chess. Same with poker. Perhaps i'm lonely.
I'd also like to build a model ship, but i'm both poor and stingy.
>>
I've been studying religion since I was 5, been shitposting since 8, and have been studying occultism and philosophy since I was about 12. That's about it for me.

It makes my lack of skill with writing feel even more embarrassing when I have access to good writers and how they write. My grammar and spelling is just...so terrible.
>>
>lifting and painting

they're not very social hobbies unfortunately
>>
File: rei.png (91 KB, 288x292) Image search: [Google]
rei.png
91 KB, 288x292
>meditation
bullshit, can't do it, my mind is too crowded, I'm constantly blaring music or playing videos in the background because I just can't stand the silence

>goals
I have no goals, it's why I'm a loser, my only goals relate to things that only other people can provide, being loved accepted validated, etc etc

>talk
oh okay just talk, that's all, just talk, too bad i want to throw up from nerves whenever i have to talk to anybody

>travel
another great idea unfortunately my family and I are lower class and I can't just travel the fucking world whenever I want like a spoiled rich vagina
>>
I think the greatest thing you can do to improve yourself is to change your mentality. To learn how to experience joy in life.

>The happiness we receive from ourselves is greater than that we obtain from our surroundings
t; Schopenhauer

Would highly recommend starting with Schopenhauer's the Wisdom of Life. The ebook is free. After that, look into the Roman stoics and practice negative visualization.

Another thing that helps me to not take things for granted, is to try and think about and imagine them in depth. For example, a house would be the foundation that makes it, the work that went into it, the people that may of lived there, any sort of headcanon bullshit you want really. It's fun, and it works.

I have been training myself to experience joy and it is working, it's a wonderful feeling.
>>
If you're in the US you should take up shooting, it's kind of an expensive hobby but is the most fulfilling hobby i have. Just go to your local gun range and become a member, my range rents guns so if you don't have any you can still shoot
>>
>>25484692
What kind of painting do you do (acrylic, watercolor etc)? I've always wanted to take up painting but I have no idea where to start, I also don't have a really creative background.

>>25484647
I think most hobbies, especially that have emphasis on skill, will always challenge you to the point where it can discourage you. If you can push through and keep at it, I'm sure you could be an expert in whatever you want.
>>
>>25484749
I better get while I can, before they start doing mental health background checks.
>>
>>25484692

I wish I could paint, it's such a romantic idea. But I feel my lack of skill drawing would translate to lack of skill with a paintbrush. Oh well.

>>25484699

I'm the anon who's been studying religion, occultism and philosophy for years.

Clearing your mind isn't meditation, meditation in English more or less means contemplation.

Actual meditation as according to the many traditions most commonly use concentrations practices which you focus on certain experiences and even awareness of being aware of some things. It's not a lack of thought it's focusing the thought.

New agers have really messed up the meanings of the words though.

But yeah I agree, can't talk in real life, no goals and can't travel even if I wanted to.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.