[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you keep going when you're absolutely miserable?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 09284041.jpg (36 KB, 432x284) Image search: [Google]
09284041.jpg
36 KB, 432x284
How do you keep going when you're absolutely miserable?

How do you live when you can't function out there?

I just can't go on. I shut down when I see happy people, knowing I'll never have what they have. I'm trying but but I'm just pure misery. I collapsed at the gym today just because I can't take this any more. I have no other options but I can't keep going
>>
The fact that being dead is probally boring and I can't drink then.
>>
File: 1424733202847.png (42 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1424733202847.png
42 KB, 300x400
I can't even put my thoughts into words anymore, I just feel so nothing towards everything. Every time I try to actually think about the way I feel, I just sort of shutdown and stop thinking about anything.

Right now I'm probably the closest to actually just forgetting everything and killing myself.
>>
>>25483532
I wish I could go back to apathy but I've surpassed it and gone straight back to intense swings into crushing misery
>>
Sleep until you can't anymore and then try to write or draw is sometimes helpful. If talking to people isn't good then maybe try to find a good book or something else to distract you. Be nice to yourself right now if you can. Don't give up.
>>
File: 1429431154676.jpg (26 KB, 647x451) Image search: [Google]
1429431154676.jpg
26 KB, 647x451
>>25483614
I'm not really apathetic all the time, if I feel angry or annoyed or even sometimes happy, it lasts for like a short burst, fades, and then turns into misery. It's hard to say.
>>
One of my friends hung herself because her dad was super religious and wouldn't let her be with the guy she loved. Seeing the noose marks around her neck at her funeral, the absolute devastation in all of us and knowing in her head that was her only choice has made me move away from suicide.. her dad even said afterwards he would take it all back if he knew..
>>
>>25483445
are you being true to yourself?
>>
I had to become disabled for this to work, but I was already approaching being myself now anyway.

Basically, since I can't drive myself I have to ask to go out, and I don't like inconviniencing people, so I convinced myself that going out is a pain. That lead to people being a pain, conversation being a pain, and so on, to where I only even talk if absolutely necessary. I also no longer look in the mirror, so I don't give myself the chance to disgust myself and get depressed about my reflection. Good luck.
>>
File: 12421521522.jpg (45 KB, 800x680) Image search: [Google]
12421521522.jpg
45 KB, 800x680
>>25483624
>sleep more
tried it
>write something
tried it, I even programmed my own text adventure
>draw something
tried it
>talking to people
tried it, they told my family what I said and they tried to have me put in a psych ward
>good book
Do visual novels count?
>be nice to yourself
what?

I've tried it all. I got a job, I volunteered, I exercised, I tried talking to people, I tried drinking every day, I tried doing nothing

You can never escape

>>25483872
I've already been through this

I went 6 months without seeing myself in anything but a passing reflection. What broke the streak was seeing my reflection in a tablet as a video ended and the screen went to black
>>
>>25483992
I hate it when that happens. Every time the TV goes black I get a full body reflection and get sad all over again. But... You have to persevere with it. Convince yourself that you're only having fun if you're alone helps a lot too.

But you're already braver than me, I've never been to a gym before because I refuse to work out around others. I even did this as a kid in gym class.

Go for the long game.
>>
rip feels

I guess everyone is too busy responding to 'fembot' bait threads
>>
Nothing will ever matter
>>
>How do you keep going when you're absolutely miserable?

Because I don't have a choice. My parents kicked me out at 18, I don't qualify for NEETbux, and I'll be the first to admit I'm too cowardly to pull the trigger. I get up everyday out of necessity.
>>
>>25483445
Fake it until you make it. You ever heard that saying?

Pretend to be happy until you can.

Don't "Just bee yourself :^)". Because obviously, being yourself means being an unhappy shit.

I'm like you OP, a huge sad, unconfident faggot.

But you bet your sweet sweet faggot ass, that when I get back to Uni, I'm gonna take my own advice and fake it until I make it, and if a giant fag like me can do it, you will to.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.