[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you guys thankful to have God in your lives? In what ways
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
Are you guys thankful to have God in your lives?

In what ways did he help you through 2015?
>>
I'm always thank him, and I am blessed for all the trials that I face in life so that depending on how I handle them I can become stronger spiritually. I hope some of you robots can become stronger as well.
>>
File: 1443476305301.gif (499 KB, 400x302) Image search: [Google]
1443476305301.gif
499 KB, 400x302
If there is a omnibenevolent god then you wouldn't have hardships in the first place.
Q.E.D.

>inb4 fedora meme from theists trying desperately to defend the hole in their ideals
>>
>>25483203
People have free will and make their own choices.

God simply gives you guidance but doesn't force you to make decisions or choose the path of your life for you.
>>
>>25483242
The fact that people have the free will to commit atrocities proves their is not an omnibenevolent god.
Q.E.D. x2
>>
File: eeehhh.png (131 KB, 288x324) Image search: [Google]
eeehhh.png
131 KB, 288x324
>the teacher
But he didn't teach me anything to prepare for the test. Teachers don't give you a test on the first day of school.
>>
>>25483269
That doesn't prove he's not good, that just proves he let's people make their own choices and deal with the consequences of their actions.
>>
>>25483294
it's called church, bible, and prayer
>>
>>25483294
It's not his fault if you weren't paying attention during the lesson.
>>
>>25483149
Shut the fuck up faggot before I shoot yo punk ass bitch!
>>
>>25483294
he taught you that you are a bitch now go fulfill your destiny!
>>
>>25483203
>fedora meme
as a Christian, I want this meme to stop, arguing to someone that their lack of belief is wrong in a condescending way leads to no progression from either end, both sides just get more prideful
>>
File: baka_ass.png (387 KB, 480x622) Image search: [Google]
baka_ass.png
387 KB, 480x622
>>25483312
No, it does. Benevolent and good mean you do what's morally right.
Omnibenevolent means you ALWAYS do what is morally right.
Morally right by christianity's standards is whatever the bible says.
The bible says not to murder.
Someone is murdered every day.
If god existed he would stop those crimes.
The fact that those crimes are not stopped proves the nonexistence of god.

Q.E.D. again

Get it yet?

>>25483317
>church
>organized religion
>religion at all
disgusting
>>
>>25483420
But God isn't a human and doesn't have to adhere to our moral standards.
>>
>>25483149
>Are you guys thankful to have God in your lives?

fucking where?

>In what ways did he help you through 2015?

none.
thankfully I'm not a shit-fedora though. those I hate far more than religious people. at least I can understand religion and its benefits. I'm thinking of visiting the church nearby where I live and try doing a prayer.
>>
>>25483439
Different person here, skeptic but Christian as far as not going to hell goes(?)

>God is good
>God doesn't adhere to our moral standards
With regard to God's nature, there exists a question of what exactly "goodness" and "love" are and what they entail - as God is defined good by God's own standards.

It seems misleading to describe God as "good" when different persons and cultures have completely different beliefs of "goodness", and intuitively it seems rather pointless in claiming objectivity to God's goodness, other than that he's a divine creator, etc. I mean, it seems mighty counterintuitive if not outright questionable that it stems from God's good nature that he allows us to unknowingly condemn ourselves to an eternity of pain and torture, because we weren't aware of and didn't follow his secret rules that were written down 400 years after they were told in a small corner of the earth.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.