[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you antisocial?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: 42cS2O3.jpg (95 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
42cS2O3.jpg
95 KB, 960x720
Are you antisocial?
>>
Depends. I'm know how to socialize and I'm quite good at it, I just hate people. They longer I'm around them the more they irritate me.
>>
>>25482974
1. unwilling or unable to associate in a normal or friendly way with other people:
He's not antisocial, just shy.
2. antagonistic, hostile, or unfriendly toward others; menacing; threatening:
an antisocial act.
3. opposed or detrimental to social order or the principles on which society is constituted:
antisocial behavior.
>>
being introverted does not mean being anti social.
>>
>Are you antisocial?
Yes.
Now, leave me alone.
>>
>>25482974
no fucking duh op where do you think you are
also that booth looks pretty comfy
>>
>>25483080
that's not how you anti social, this is
>yes
>rakes their face with a knife
>>
no im asocial , antisocial is a different thing
>>
If anything I'm asocial. I can be perfectly pleasant and personable, but socializing is awkward and uncomfortable. I am a loser but I have to pretend that I'm not because admitting that to people would feel even worse. I don't follow sports and I don't know what kind of music they play on the radio and I don't watch much television. I don't go on trips or weekend outings. I don't have any anecdotes or stories to tell. I'm not interesting or charming or handsome. It's better to just be alone. At least that way I don't have to pretend.
>>
>>25483079
antisocial personality disorder is different from simply being antisocial. antisocial can mean introverted and in this context, it does
>>
File: antso.png (16 KB, 530x262) Image search: [Google]
antso.png
16 KB, 530x262
>>25483079
>>25483091
>>25483097
read a book you guys GAWSH
>>
>>25483091
In that case: Leave me alone or I will rake your face with a knife.
>>
>>25483101
Man, you have a way with words. I've never been able to describe how I am socially, but you managed to summarize my social life perfectly.
>>
yes fampai
>>
I've been hiding from people for so long, I don't know if I'm antisocial or I've just convinced myself that I am.
>>
File: 1411681064722.png (465 KB, 680x762) Image search: [Google]
1411681064722.png
465 KB, 680x762
It comes as an additional perk when you have autism.

I can't talk to strangers without stuttering and mixing my words up.
>>
Yes, and becoming more so. I know it's probably not good, but I'm starting to think life would just be easier if I just cut contact with the few friends I have left.
>>
>>25483246
Before you make that decision be sure that you don't end up dropping a free ticket to mental health improvement.
>>
All you faggots are confusing antisocial with asocial. Antisocial means that you get off on hurting people and breaking the law and doing other things that society frowns upon. Asocial means that you are not social.
>>
"What? No... I'm just tired..."
;_;
>>
>>25483419
> tfw I had to say this repeatedly everyday of high-school.
>>
>>25483333
>free ticket to mental health improvemen
What do you mean?
>>
File: anchorman-2_-the-legend-con.jpg (1 MB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
anchorman-2_-the-legend-con.jpg
1 MB, 1800x1200
>>25483612
>tfw 23 and still saying it to everyone and mom
>>
probably schizoid or something but idk
>>
>>25483675
they don't even ask me anymore

super original robo
>>
>>25483642
Probably referring to the fact that having social relationships to fall back on can help in dealing with depression and other mental illnesses and in general increase a sense of happiness and well-being. I mean, I'm only guessing here. I haven't had any friends since I was 8 years old and I've never had a romantic relationship.
>>
>>25483756
Social relationships are a waste of time though. It's just meaningless conversations about what media people consumed that week.
>>
>>25482974
Socializing requires an exhaustive amount of effort. I hate being lonely, but being social requires alot of work, so much so that I'd rather just avoid it most of the time.
>>
I'm not antisocial, I just find normal people boring.
>>
>>25483101
>>25483101
This
I dream of death every waking moment
>>
I've given up on being social because everybody is indifferent towards me
>>
I'm definetly someone who needs a lot of space and alone time but I wouldn't really say I'm antisocial. I actually really love people and engaging with them but unfortunately I lack social skills and I'm sort of a shut in so most human interactions feel pretty awkward for me
>>
>tfw sometimes really want friends
>other times want to be left alone and if an opportunity comes up to see people, I reject it and continue shitposting on 4chan

Why
>>
>>25484318
It's safer on 4chan. The worst that can happen is you try to have an honest conversation and nobody responds to you. Maybe they shitpost at you instead, but that doesn't feel like anything. Or maybe they attack the idea you're trying to express, but if you're at least confident in your own thoughts you might even welcome the opportunity to have a discussion where who you are as a person is irrelevant.

4chan can ignore you or reject your idea, but they can't reject you as a person. Unless you're some sort of tripfag or /soc/ attention whore and don't understand where you are.
>>
I'm asocial. Sometimes I regret having instincts telling me to get away from people, but I'd much rather not deal with them at all.

I like when people get increasingly loud and obnoxious in the hopes of getting my attention too, makes me feel like a real smug asshole. I won't say a single word to strangers unless they are nice and calm about it. All this irritation from them and I hardly even leave my room.
>>
>>25482974
People make me uncomfortable, this over the years has made me dislike people more and more. Situations that involve people, or people in general tend to irritate me due to the uncomfortable feeling I am used to when around them.
>>25483419
Literally the easiest and best excuse to use.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.