[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you drive? My parents say need a car and a job, is it hard?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: received_777980005611446.jpg (37 KB, 960x482) Image search: [Google]
received_777980005611446.jpg
37 KB, 960x482
Can you drive? My parents say need a car and a job, is it hard? I'm scared robots
>>
Yep, I can drive cars, motorcycles, and small planes. No, driving isn't hard.

Manual - takes time to master more advanced techniques like rev-matching and heel-toe shifting (not at all required), but learning the basics only takes an hour or two. Just learned a couple weeks ago how to drive stick after driving automatic for 6 years, it's not hard at all.

Autotragic - any literal retard can drive auto. Conveniant in heavy traffic or if you have a knee injury, but otherwise far more boring and unengaging.

Ask for advice on /o/ if you want, but driving is easy.
>>
>>25482936

>rev-matching and heel-toe shifting

Those techniques are for pussies who can't shift uphill normally like a real man
>>
>>25482360
Only normies drive.
>>
File: guts.jpg (327 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
guts.jpg
327 KB, 1600x1200
>>25482977
I think you were trying to quote Vin Diesel but fucked up, because that sentence makes no sense.
>>25482994
Enjoy the bus faggot.
>>
I've never been behind the wheel of a car, but:

>keys in ignition
>release hand brake
>clutch, put in gear
>check mirrors
>ease on the gas pedal
>drive

I know the layout of a standard manual car and most traffic signs, so give me 5 minutes to familiarize myself with the vehicle and I could drive it.
>>
File: 20151223_174735.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
20151223_174735.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
>>25482994
This, only normshits drive. Real robots ride.
>>
its scary and people are mean someone honked at me because i was going five under the speed limit
>>
>>25483015

Tell me the benefits of heel-toe shifting you fucking faggot
>>
File: initial d.gif (912 KB, 250x281) Image search: [Google]
initial d.gif
912 KB, 250x281
>>25483053
Is that a Ninja 600, anon?
>>
>>25483093
y-you m-make cool noises and y-y llike rev the car and stuff before shifts so all the girls can hear.

f-faggot.
>>
>>25483093
Let's you revmatch for the next downshift while braking. Racing/fast driving technique, no reason to use or learn it if you're just driving on the roads legally all the time.
>>
I drive a $1700 Ford shitbox to and from work. It's peaceful because I work night shift so most everyone is gone when I am driving to and from work.
>>
File: 20151120.jpg (528 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
20151120.jpg
528 KB, 1536x2048
>>25483128

This basically, it's used primary in racing to keep drive-train operating smoothly and avoid jerky motions. Same principles apply when coming in contact with the second reason, and that is you always want your RPM to be in the optimal (Power-band) at all times when racing.

I heel-toe-shift even with normal driving since it's became second nature, same thing with my motorcycle. I always blip the throttle before down-shifts.
>>
>>25482360
I remember before I got my license trying to park in a spot was the hardest shit ever. I would sit in a random parking lot and fail for hours.

I failed the computer exam like 8times, then I turned 18 didn't need the computer test anymore. Aced the driving test first try, never had a problem parking since. Have zero tickets and have never got pulled over/accident.

Been driving for 5years now.

>tldr driving is easy
>>
>>25483321
>I failed the computer exam like 8times

You're as bad as a female, congrats.
>>
>>25483386
You're only a female if you fail the driving exam
>>
>>25482360
Nah son driving's easy as shit. Fuck I've read books while driving. If you paid any attention to anyone driving ever you probably will pass no problem.

Easymode: drive an automatic.
>>
>>25483015
Why would I enjoy the bus when I have a bike? Enjoy being a normie, faggot.
>>
>>25483086
You deserved the honk. Drive faster
Slowbot. For real though don't worry about what other drivers think. Worry about what they do. For example most drive like fucktards, avoid them.
>>
>>25483086
FUCKING HURRY UP, YOU CUNT, IF YOU'RE SCARED TO DRIVE, PULL OVER AND KILL YOURSELF YOU TURD!
>>
>>25483053
Fuck yeah bikeanon! Motorcycles are where its at son.
>>
File: disapprovingdaffy.png (564 KB, 719x719) Image search: [Google]
disapprovingdaffy.png
564 KB, 719x719
>>25483086
>the speed limit is too fast for you

Holy shit grandma, at least soccermoms and brotruckers can drive with confidence, even if its with no awareness

I sure hope you're at least sticking to the right lane (left in britland/nipland)
>>
>>25483128
>>25483192

You fucking retards it is not a racing technique. It is the proper technique. You hit the gas to match the revolution of the engine to the revolution of the wheels. This makes the gear change smoother and doesn't jerk the car like your alcoholic mothers jerked your brains.
>>
>>25482936
Rev matching is a necessary technique, isnt it?? I'd imagine your clutch would last wayyy longer if you rev matched (correctly). Plus you can downshift way faster.
>>
>>25483040
If you followed those steps you would go no where because you didn't release the clutch, faggot.

If you've never been behind the wheel of ANY car, I guarantee you it'd take longer than 5 minutes for you to master manual. An hour at the very least.
>>
>>25483579

Wow you said what this guy said, you absolute fuck wit; >>25483192
>>
I drive mostly in Las Vegas, have driven to California, Arizona, and Utah. It isn't hard.
>>
>>25483584
Rev matching isn't explicitly REQUIRED, but yeah, you should definitely do it to reduce wear on your transmissions synchros. Aside from massively increasing transmission life, it's also a lot smoother and feels good.

I was referring to heel-toe shifting not being needed. If you haven't learned heel-toe, you can just engine brake down to 2nd, put it in neutral, brake to a stop, and then go to 1st. That's what I did when I was learning.
>>
>>25483648
There's no use explaining to some child who just learned what heel-toe-shifting is from /o/.

He'd be the same retard you'd see at bike / car meets talking about how he ran from the cops and did a sick burnout in the middle of the intersection.
>>
>>25482360
Here's a good video showing how shifting works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N4tLAAy5Fg
>>
>>25483676
How did you assume that from my post >>25483584 ???

I wasnt even fucking talking about heel-toe-shifting you dickhead.
>>
>>25483648
Eh, I suck at heel toe shifting, I can smoothly de-accelerate without the need for it, I do that except I let it slow down more through 3rd
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.