[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've lost the ability to smile or laugh without making it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20150928_151323.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150928_151323.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1944
I've lost the ability to smile or laugh without making it seem forced and awkward. Anybody relate?
>>
Yes. I have to muster out a little "heh heh heh" noise when people are trying to be funny.
>>
>>25479038

It's worth mastering the skill to go more unnoticed. You have to learn to remove yourself/ your ego from your thinking in order to react naturally the way normals expect. You can minimize how often you have to do this by cultivating a reputation as being a quiet cynical loner sort, but as long as you can pull it out on occasion it reassures them. Being congruent when you need to be is a valuable skill if you need to interact with people.
>>
File: 1445672945857.jpg (135 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1445672945857.jpg
135 KB, 800x800
>>25479110
>>25479038
Fucking this. I am so tired of feeling obligated to communicate with garbage just because I don't want to come off as an asshole. They always chatter about useless shit non-fucking-stop. Why can't they just leave me out of it? My awkward reaction should be a dead give away that I don't give a fuck.
>>
>>25479239
But HOW? The normies caught me twice, asking why I don't smile but have a toothless grin. I can't laugh at all.
>>
>>25479332
I had this problem in my more extreme robot years. I would never laugh only smile, smile all the time. People would ask me why I always did because smiling and muttering yeah was my to-go way of communicating with normies.
>>
Who here. 90% That's cool, awesome, thank you responses.
>Who here auto-respond like an actual bot?
>>
>>25479454
there's absolutely no hope
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.