[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your "autism" is simply a poorly developed ability
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: a14.jpg (26 KB, 630x419) Image search: [Google]
a14.jpg
26 KB, 630x419
Your "autism" is simply a poorly developed ability to perceive yourself. The difference between people who are socially normal, and you, is that those people can perceive themselves without distortion.

It's no different than closing your eyes while you walk. You become awkward, bumping into things and moving slowly. It also becomes scary, because you don't know what is coming. You can easily hit your head on something, or stub your toe. So you then grow fearful of walking around, doing it less and less and wondering why you've become so immobile.

The way to fix it is clear. You need to learn to perceive yourself accurately. I can't speak for everyone, but my guess is that shame is generally the distorting aspect of self perception. For whatever reason, you see yourself as flawed or worth less than others or something. It's painful and impossible to live with, so at some point you start introducing distortions into our self perception to make it bearable.

Lesson here is: process your shame to relieve your social blindness!
>>
>Tripfags telling me how to "fix my shit"
Lol
>>
Distortion is no less true than someone who perceives them-self as without distortion (it's just a different kind of distortion).
>>
>>25477635
But autism is a good thing. It makes you less likely to find things wrong or unimportant just because other people say authoritatively or dismissively of them.
>>
>>25477754
>say
*speak
>>
>>25477754
That's not autism. That's just being strong-minded, which can be fostered by an outsider status. Such as being socially awkward. But it can also be fostered by many things.
>>
>>25477723
Also to follow up, shame is just as much a "social blindness" as anger, fear, or sensuality are. Emotions in and of themselves are not, They are inextricable from the behavior that is "autistic", and thus accurate
>>
>>25477871
I'm afraid you're underestimating the genetic side of immunity to prejudice. For instance, I've never really read about the stereotypical feminist notions of inequality of men and women, of disadvantage of minorities, and so on, until a year or two ago, and yet (regardless of whether they are justified or not -- beside the point here), it was enough for my brain to begin to release tangible emotions of righteous indignation (imposed totally externally!) in reaction to certain linguistic keywords, such as, well, the proverbial 'oppression' or '>2015 >still believing that...'. Something I'm sure the majority of /r9k/, and even the population, won't do. My intellect then might (often, fail to...) remember that those are just keywords, catchphrases, and the individual argument has to be judged on its own, regardless of the connotations of terms used in it... But the point is, my non-autistic brain has acquired those 'triggered' connotations, prejudicing itself with sympathy to the writer and against whatever was written against.

tl;dr even in adult age, the 'mirror neurons' or whatever are a huge problem to people.

But I understand that this thread is not about this, so feel free not to reply.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.