[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>hearing isolated sounds that clearly aren't real for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: 1450022512477.jpg (274 KB, 1000x652) Image search: [Google]
1450022512477.jpg
274 KB, 1000x652
>hearing isolated sounds that clearly aren't real for a while(heard talking in headphones, when i wasn't listening to, don't have a virus either)
>decide to check if it might be schizophrenia as a joke
>turns out i have all of the symptoms
This is scary anons
>>
Ive had the same sounds and noises. Dont fret over it. They come and go when they please.
>>
>>25477922
Yeah, they tend to do that
I think they do it on purpose, to hide
We know though
>>
apply for NEET bucks OP, live the dream
>>
>>25478095
It doesn't really feel right, I'm just making music right now, don't know what else to do
>>
Meditate on your 6th and 7th chakras. If you do this enough, you'll also start seeing shit. That's when it gets fun.
>>
>>25478265
I don't know man, I'm really scared about the fact that I might see this more.
It's freaking me out.
>>
>>25478299
>I'm really scared about the fact that I might see this more.
Many times, schizos aren't actually insane. Many are obviously, but some just have more developed astral senses than most people, maybe like you. It took me a long time to hear anything, but it only took me a short time to start seeing auras.

Start doing hatha yoga and pranayama (breath of fire/alternate nostril) and you should get quick results if you empower your 6th chakra.
>>
>>25478416
I might try it
>>
It's just phantom noises, dipshit. How long have you been awake for and what have you been listening to repeatedly?
>>
>>25478774
I have not been listening to anything repeatedly, nor have I been without sleep

A lot of the sounds are extremely different from one another, sometimes i hear laughs when it's quiet, sometimes i hear robots, sometimes i hear little scratches/little sounds, etc.
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 600x600
>>25478943
>sometimes i hear laughs when it's quiet, sometimes i hear robots, sometimes i hear little scratches/little sounds, etc.
That's fucking terrifying
>>
>>25479592
I shit you not, I was trying to sleep and I heard a bunch of beeps and the "boi-oi-oi-oing", as well as a very fucking loud beep
What the fuck man, should I see a psychologist soon
>>
>being "afraid of" a natural process experienced by millions of people

this is like being afraid of getting wet.
>>
>>25479937
This isn't like that, it used to be rare, now it's getting very common, I've never had all these sounds invading my head before
>>
How old are you? Any family history of schizophrenia? What was the last time you slept? How's the quality of your sleep? Are you taking Benedryl or any other allergy medications? Are you on Bentyl or any other medications for vomiting?

Just doing a differential.
>>
>>25479898
This is normal. It's a hypnagogic hallucination and this happens to everyone sometimes. Hallucinations when wide awake are the only ones to worry about.
>>
>>25480151
Oh, yeah. Do you use any recreational drugs? Even weed counts.
>>
>>25480151
I'm 19, I'm distantly related to a person with it, I sleep every day, I wake up slowly but I usually get up, i don't use allergy stuff, I don't do any drugs other than melatonin if that really counts
>>25480177
That post was eyes closed, all in >>25478943 are awake
>>
I get this a lot in the evenings

Like seeing faces and shit, random noises and scratching at the walls

my uncle is a schitzo but I'm pretty sure I'm nowhere near as bad as him
>>
>>25480258
That sucks man, I wish best
>>
File: monitoring-red-siren[1].jpg (24 KB, 228x231) Image search: [Google]
monitoring-red-siren[1].jpg
24 KB, 228x231
>>25480233
>melatonin
whoop whoop whoop
>>
>>25480233
It's certainly possible that it's schizophrenia. You're lucky you have the awareness to realize you may be ill; as a result, your case will be a lot easier to treat than the standard. Get it taken care of sooner rather than later. With proper treatment, the symptoms can be totally controlled and it shouldn't be a detriment to your quality of life.
>>
>>25480233
>melatonin
I would recommend dropping it for 1-2 weeks and seeing if you're still getting the symptoms. IF so see a doctor for an actual evaluation. You might not be getting REM sleep which causes some scizo-esque symptoms.
>>
>>25480313
What does that mean? Does melatonin even have any effects other than sleepiness? I mean it's something your brain makes
>>25480314
That would be good
>>
>>25480345
>>25480313
Wow I can't believe I forgot this; I heard everything in>>25478943 before melation, that's probably important
>>
>>25480345
This guy is full of shit, just so you know, OP. If you'd like a detailed, professional explanation of how melatonin works in relation to sleep, let me know. I am literally sitting next to a sleep technician (sleep's not my personal specialty, but I can ask him for more detail).
>>
>>25480395
Yeah, don't worry, melatonin wouldn't cause the symptoms you're describing.
>>
OP here, this is getting kind of weird
Even when I thought it was possible, i brushed it off
Even when i took quizzes for it and got high scores, still brushed it off
But even though this is a place full of memes, I'm taking this a bit more seriously
>>
>>25480525
Like I said, just go to a doctor and get checked out. There are multiple conditions that can cause hallucinations, including epilepsy. Not all seizures are the flashy grand-mal type.

If it is schizophrenia, your outcome will be the best getting it treated quickly. Don't play around with this sort of thing.
>>
>>25480612
Thanks man, I'll get to it
>>
i abuse the shit out of sleeping aids and whatnot like unisoms.

Every now and then the world sorta warps around me in a weird vacuum motion or I start to hear sounds like a radio off in the distance but its like 999 voices and I can't really tell what they are saying, just gibberish.
>>
>>25480695
No problem, I wish you the best of luck. You're in the age bracket where this kind of thing shows up, so it's not that unusual.

>>25480732
That's because those drugs are deliriants. Be careful with those, heart attack and stroke are both very possible in the higher dosage ranges. I had someone who had a stroke at age 16 that way, it was a damn shame.
>>
>>25480771
That and smoking ciggs and the excessive drinking. I'll die before I know it!

Honestly I like em because I stop being me. Anything is better than being me.
>>
>>25480824
A better choice would be dissociatives. Cough medicine containing dextromethorphan would be a safer, more enjoyable, but still easily accessible choice. There are still risks, but less of the vegetable sort and more of the psychotic break sort. Good luck to you, too, anon, and I hope life gets better for you.
>>
I started to get them when i spended one month straight in my room without really leaving(only food and bathroom).It was also always dark and by the end of the month i could see naked girs laying on my bed,sometimes felt a wind on my shoulder and even heard screaming from my closet.So i decided it was time to bail.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.