[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you define "love", /r9k/? How do you know what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: 1445740441509.jpg (25 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
1445740441509.jpg
25 KB, 321x322
How do you define "love", /r9k/?
How do you know what you call love is actually love?
What are the symptoms?
>>
jes b urself n itll happen :)
>>
Being a complete faggot
>>
>>25474491
non-existent
>>
inb4 love is just a chemical reaction meme
>>
Alright, love is being completely overwhelmed with joy at your partner. Not just mental joy, but you can feel love in your body. you want this person to love you and they do. Being near them causes euphoria, hearing their voice causes euphoria. You feel at ease with this person knowing that they feel the same about you. You care for eachother, you want to make them happy and they make you happy. This is love.
>>
>>25474491
Caring for another human being to the point willing to die for or with them and them feeling the same way about you. Then its trying to be the absolute best person you can be for the other person.

You know like Siblings or Parents or really close friends. If you are yourself and give them enough plotline or characterization they'll care about your story and will want to be part of it.
>>
>tfw it's far too late to fall in love for the first time in your mid 20s
>tfw if you do, you'll act like a little loser teenager after your first break up
>tfw better to just avoid the whole thing and kill yourself
>>
File: 1451768356989.gif (510 KB, 250x253) Image search: [Google]
1451768356989.gif
510 KB, 250x253
>>25474491
>How do you define "love",
Love is, a disease. You've already helped make my point, my opinion notwithstanding
>What are the symptoms?
>>
>>25474745
I would call you out on writing such an edgy, dejected post, but I dont think sad people like you even deserve the recognition. You will never love.
>>
>>25474742
Well, you are a fucking coward if that's the reason.
>>
File: 1415398736099.jpg (48 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
1415398736099.jpg
48 KB, 640x427
>>25474597
>>25474702
I have never felt that stuff then.
Risking to be called an edgy faggot, but i agree with >>25474745, i've seen so many people who got their lives ruined by what you fucking pranksters call "love" that i'm not sure if i really want anything to do with it.
>>
My definition is quite simple.
You like that person so much you would be willing to protect them with your life.
>>
>>25474491
I WANT TO FUCK THAT _______
quazar
>>
File: 1436399234146.jpg (89 KB, 526x588) Image search: [Google]
1436399234146.jpg
89 KB, 526x588
Love is a poison.
A sweet one, yes, but it kills you in the end.
>>
>>25474893
>You will never love.
yes. But you say that like it's a negative insult. I lack the susceptibility. Plain as that.

I could go on and on about the subjective reasons as well as the objective truths of why you're right. But in the end I don't care to feel or have it.

Not out of bitterness but forethought. Sure you can argue this forethought has been indoctrinated from shitty examples i've seen or heard about, but in the end the decision not to pursue something I consider detrimental is my decision and mine alone.
And I'll speak about it as such.

Also I could name a few diseases that aren't too bad to have, so don't get all hussy because I used an accurate word to describe it.
>>
>>25475166
>forethought
Alright, you're a retard now.
Bitterness was easier to explain.
>>
File: 1449178519621.jpg (178 KB, 563x400) Image search: [Google]
1449178519621.jpg
178 KB, 563x400
>>25474930
>>25475190

>i've seen many people who got their lives ruined by what you fucking pranksters call "love"
This is also interesting to note.

None, well shit, let me pull back the general blanket statement.

Very FEW, take time to note that LOVE can be a subjective concept. I once described to someone what I thought it meant to me, not from a book, or a wikipage or someone else's ideas.
I figured love to be admiration on crack. I admire more than the person but everything they stand for. Not in a stalkerish or clingy fashion, but to secretly hold their ambitions dreams, and everything they hold dear to themselves, dear to me as best I can. Like a back up spirit.

Not including the physical approach people like to take. Wheras I see this person and after being with them for a while and liking them I want to fuck them a lot and can't get the idea out my head and can't stop thinking about them.

No. It's about wanting to really just fucking, take someone else's life and want to fucking. Just Erngh make it awesome anyway way you can, cause ya DRAWN to them.

And in the two decades i've been living i've never once met someone I felt that DRAWN to and wanted to learn about and PROTECT the ideas they hold dear. I've never met someone interesting enough.

But the common definition of love, not including my own perception, I believe is a diseased frame of thinking. The marketed love, the commercial love that they sell on TV and in fiction is not something I want anything to do with, and i've never met anyone who understood what I meant with my own brand.

So yes. I've never loved anyone. I've never been loved. And i'm not bitter because of it. There isn't much to admire about me. And that's fine. I'd be a less than spectacular person to expect someone to just come up with some BS out of thin air to LIKE about me if there isn't anything to like. Truths like that are enlightening to stomach, it takes weight off your mind. And now i've went and wrote a fucking novel
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.