[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just moved into a dorm in college. I immediately broke down
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
I just moved into a dorm in college.

I immediately broke down crying and called my mother because I couldn't take the guilt of spending tens of thousands of their dollars for me to just fuck around and have no idea what I'm doing.

Right now I'm sitting on my computer and listening to the fucking normies who can't think one day ahead yap yap outside my room.

Someone just fucking kill me.
>>
>>25472974
>feel the same about my parents spending all this money on me for college
>but without them I wouldn't be able to go and try my luck with the college meme
What did your mom respond?
>>
Your parents are paying because they love you OP. Seize the opportunity and move outside of your comfort zone.

Worst thing that happens is people don't like you and you can go back to living in a hole on autism bucks.

Go out and make some friends. It's easy.
>>
>>25472974
>sits on his computer looking down on others
you're the one that doesn't think ahead
>>
>>25473026
I don't even want to try my luck. I tell everyone on the internet that I'm just a future college dropout, and it's true.

My mom was sympathetic since I was crying, she says she just wants to best for me. I told her college might not be that, at least for right now as I have no clue what the hell I'm doing.

It's humiliating since I haven't even unpacked my things and here I am wanting to go home.
I just can't stop looking at that 8+ thousand dollar bill my dad has to foot for ONE FUCKING TERM. He's close to 60 and it kills me whenever I see him struggling with his pain and all that shit, now I'm crying again.
>>
your parents just wanted to get rid of you in the nicest most expensive way possible

basically they don't really like you and just want you to go away
>>
>Right now I'm sitting on my computer and listening to the fucking normies who can't think one day ahead yap yap outside my room.

maybe they have their shit together, and are spending their time wisely instead of second guessing themselves and pussing out on the easiest step to adulthood
>>
>>25473123
So what are you going to do about it?
>>
>>25473123
this is why bullying is ok, it makes weak people to either toughen up so that they can deal with life, or it brakes them down and cuts our losses on wasting resources on an useless shit that would never survive on their own even when perfectly safe inside a society.
>>
Pretend to be 30% yourself, 70% Chad.

Get out there and try to make other people envy you.

Most won't, but a few will.

Pro Tip: You won't get stabbed.
>>
File: smugpepe.jpg (128 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
smugpepe.jpg
128 KB, 800x800
>tfw sheltered and rarely go outside the parents house
>tfw had to suddenly go live in a shitty soviet dorm in a city far away
>tfw living with 2 other random dudes in a disgusting, old and dirty 16 square meter room
>tfw don't know how to cook, talk to people or even survive on my own
>tfw served my time
>tfw now have my own apartment in the city, grown the fuck up a million years compared to how i was
>tfw confidently strutting the corporate world, having attained the popular social mans status at the company

Best way I would describe my time at the hellhole is the grandest time I've had that I wouldn't ever want to experience again. It was extremely hard to adapt, but I eventually learned to break my autistic shell and have fun, however I would never want to go through all of that again. Don't set yourself up for a failure, as that'll only serve to be a self-fulfilling prophecy. I think you'll look upon this time with a smile, as every day will get easier. I don't think I slept through the first night. Get some earplugs. Go with the flow and survive, that's all you have to do. Through hardship, you will be remade.

"Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor."

Oh, and tuition was free here. Keep your chin up, nothing personnel kid.
>>
>>25472974
at least you didnt do what i did. got a life insurance of almost 60k, then got an apartment and hid in it for 3 years and blowing that 60k
>>
>>25473123
you're going to regret this attitude of yours in 10 years mark my words

there's a fucking reason why daddy's working so hard to send you to school. you give a shit about him? honor his fucking effort by getting a 4.0

step 1: go to fucking class, step 2: do your homework
trust me, it's really easy and designed for lost faggots who don't want to work hard to still be able to pass.
>>
>>25473123

Well OP, you'll just have to face the fact that if the bill is already paid, there is nothing you can do about it. Like the other anon said, your parents are sacrificing for YOUR good.

All of the pain they go through is for your success OR your failure. You just have to choose if their efforts will be for nothing, or something great.

I understand you are feeling an enormous amount of guilt right now and you don't give a damn about staying in college, but trust me when I say you should stay.

Your view is clouded by negative feelings towards college and guilt at the amount of money your parents had to pay. This won't change for a good amount of time. This time can be shortened, by gradually trying to figure out what you want to do.

How you do this I'm not sure, as I am on the same boat as you as far as a future career goes. My best guess would be to talk to people.

When I say people, I mean everyone from fellow students, to advisors, to professors.
Ask them how they got their inspiration for what they want to do/ what they're doing. Maybe then you can formulate some idea of what you want to be when you grow up.

That's my two cents. It sounds like you won't be able to get over this hill of guilt for a good while. But if you stick in there and try to make things change, they will.

>Inb4 go away faggot
>>
>>25473603
Thanks, that's good advice, I suppose.
I was never a very social person so this is like getting my teeth pulled for days on end.
I think the only thing that would enable me to go without any guilt is getting a way to pay back my parents while going to school. Maybe if I find a job I can do this. Else wise it's just impossible, I'll certainly break down again.
>>
The first night is the hardest, I was in exactly your situation but with less crying, first week or two I didn't enjoy it at all and felt alone, about a month or two in I was having the best time of my life and from then on everything was just plain sailing, take it a day at a time and make the effort. Get off the phone crying, take a good 20 minutes to stop and be optimistic and compose yourself so nobody can tell you have been crying, then go outside and talk to people, if its first day then everyone will be anxious to make friends and this will be the easiest chance you have of making friends in your entire life, way easier than high school or middle school, because right now even the normies are worried and desperately want to cling to a few people to make sure they have friends. I'm not telling you to go to a club and shit like that, but just talk for a little while and get acquainted, make some progress and take it a step at a time, if your up for it maybe go for a drink with your neighbours, if its first day they will definetly be planning something. But don't you dare look down on anyone if you don't even try.
>>
>tfw had same problem as OP
>felt horrible that parents were paying for my college and my dorm in freshman year
>spent most of my 3.5 years sending them emails about how miserable i was and how i wanted to drop out
>graduated friendless kissless virgin
>realize my fucking life is over because i even couldnt make friends/sex in college
>>
My dad was going to pay 10k a year for my tuition, felt like complete shit about it. I had an emotional breakdown during college orientation and decided that I wasn't going to go to college so that I wouldn't have that pressure on my back.

Now I'm almost 20 years old and I fucking regret not being more of an entitled little shit. What a fantastic opportunity for me that just went down the fucking drain. I want to quit my retail job and be a NEET for a while...
>>
>>25474150
seriously people don't understand how much pressure there is when your parents pay for everything

yes obviously its like "well you wont have any student loans to pay back, how is that bad" but you are under so much pressure to do well knowing they are paying that you have breakdowns
>>
>>25472974
Going to a super expensive and religious private school full of normies and will know absolutely no one.
I feel for you.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.