[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you watching AGDQ guys? Let's have a chill thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: enhanced-5041-1396278170-14.jpg (130 KB, 500x459) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-5041-1396278170-14.jpg
130 KB, 500x459
Are you watching AGDQ guys?

Let's have a chill thread.
>>
Not since they cucked it 2-3 years ago.

Is it any better now? Or is it still run by faggots who are terrified of letting autists be themselves and need to Redditize them with speech codes and paranoia that they aren't pleasing the normies?
>>
>>25469680
why are you so upset about it? you could just watch people play games. i mean autists going overboard is always good but i don't get why you're so upset
>>
>>25469766
Because I used to watch a bunch of bros that are just like the bros I grew up with and hang out with, and that's why it was fun? I don't watch someone play 9 straight hours of Goldeneye because I want to see him fail to beat the world record he already got on Youtube 6 weeks earlier. I watch it because it's fun to chill with nerds. And since AGDQ has gotten big, they have removed the chill by making nerds terrified of displeasing Reddit faggots on the Internet who are obsessed with policing language and mocking their social awkwardness.

I'm not crying about it but it's normal to be dismissive when someone says "hey, want to go play with that toy you used to live until someone wiped their ass with it?"
>>
>>25469614
What is it anyway?
I assumed it was Amateur Game Dev Quest but I'm sure that's wrong.
>>
File: ecco.gif (2 MB, 340x244) Image search: [Google]
ecco.gif
2 MB, 340x244
>>25469956
Awesome Games Done Quick, based on gamesdonequick, a speedrunning site

It brings together tons and tons of the best game speedrunners in the world, usually world record holders, and they do marathon speedruns for donations to a cancer curing charity in a social environment, usually watching each other's runs etc.

Pic related
>>
>>25469956
people trying to beat videogames as fast as possible. it's "awesome games done quick". it's become a bit boring like >>25469680 noted because of the whole sjw thing. for example in the previous event a lot of people got really upset and sad because some dude was saying he was going to kill himself a lot. not in a bad way.. beating the game really fast required him to kill himself a lot (in the game of course) so he'd say stuff like he was going to commit suicide
>>
fuck i was watching college apehoop and twin peaks earlier, forgot this started today, but it looks like i'm just in time to catch diddy kong racing and mario kart. the super mario 64 race should be fun as well

>>25469766
i'm guessing he just wants to sound like a hipster by giving off the impression that he was an oldfag. the reality is that gdq's always have tried to have a professional start but completely and utterly devolve throughout the day
>>
>>25470288
>i'm guessing he just wants to sound like a hipster by giving off the impression that he was an oldfag. the reality is that gdq's always have tried to have a professional start but completely and utterly devolve throughout the day

AGDQ then:
>Guy says nigger in front of his black friend, no one cares
>Retarded nerds being absolute autists in a giant room full of autists
>Actual rowdiness
>dingy room full of actual neckbeards

AGDQ now:
>Wow he said "kill myself" while he was killing his player character in the video game :S Guys we need a reddit thread about this, he's SUPER triggering me right now
>AUTISMBOY39 IS BANNED FROM THE MAIN EVENT HALL FOR SAYING AN ABLE-IST SLUR.
>No more players sitting with one another!!! Let's have a professionally focused downward aimed camera and then it's just the speedrunner talking!!!
>HAHAHA lol epic for the wiiiiiin donation comments guys XDD haha lol upvooote - obnoxious female grrrrl gamer commentator #894358982934289428124912894
>stadium full of attractive normies
>>
>>25469614
Psyched for Oracle of ages, super Mario 64, and paper Mario
>>
>>25470586
nice job leaving out the part where he threatened to kill everyone in attendance. people have made death jokes at gdqs before, but they've never threatened to kill everyone after the run was over.
>>
>>25470288
i'm not trying to impress anyone. i'm under the impression that they've been adding more and more rules. for example i remember people getting upset because of cosplay being restricted and that they started requiring people to be fully clothed. i started watching in 2013 so i might be wrong and it might always have been like that
>>25470976
it's obvious that he was joking. if it was an event that was only watched by, let's say, 4channers, no one would have cared at all
>>
>>25471435
yeah, but gdq isn't ran by 4chan or only watched by 4channers, is it? you just don't tell normies in a public auditorium, while streaming worldwide, that you're going to kill them all because they clapped for you.

up to that point, it was just cringey, but you don't threaten mass murder
>>
>>25471606
>it was cringey :SSS it creeped me out omg im triggered

For you, big guy.

No one is saying normies should be gassed (well, I wouldn't mind), they're just saying that normies ruined something that used to be more 4chan-esque, from the perspective of 4chan people.

It's like if they retooled your favourite action movie to be a chick flick. You would say "it's shit now" even though you technically can't fault women for liking different things. And it would be slightly annoying if women said "omggg it used to be so creepyyyy :S... i can twath the old ones lol they have too much violence :((("
>>
>>25471759
i'll just wait for you to find an instance of a runner threatening to murder everyone in attendance. it's okay, take your time. i know you have nothing better to do.
>>
>all these qt girls that go to these events
>I start to realize that I am a very special kind of awful human being if even speedrun autists have no problem getting qt gfs

I just don't even know anymore
My life is awful ;_;
>>
>>25471848
they're still roasties at heart, you don't want them.
>>
I hate the girl announcer she makes my ears bleed
>>
>>25472079
Anon that doesn't matter. What I told you should make anyone feel awful if they are in anyway like me. These speedrunners are a special kind of awful human beings. These people aren't normal by any stretch of the imagination. You can't be normal speedrunning a game to insanity for 10 hours a day.

How the hell do these people do it?
>>
>>25469614
why do you guys know me so well . . .

this is truly a sad happy day
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.