[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you compose your first ever piece for piano
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 1418845438047.jpg (8 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
1418845438047.jpg
8 KB, 228x221
>tfw you compose your first ever piece for piano
>>
>>25468985
Share it, anon
>>
>>25468985
can i hear it, anon?
>>
>>25468985

Good job, anon.

This reminds me of me.

>Be me
>Child, don't even know how old around 8
>Be lower middle class, not super poor
>Ask my mother if I can learn an instrument
>Mom puts me in Guitar lessons
>Going ok, I don't like it that much.
>Mom buys me guitar.
>Constantly listen to piano students and the teacher playing the piano
>Realize how much I love the piano
>ask mom if she can put me in piano lessons
>She gets mad at me, shouting at me that she already invested into the guitar lessons
>Start hating the guitar
>Listen to piano music and people playing the piano
>Drop out of guitar lessons
>Still in love with piano
>Constantly ask mom if she can put me in piano lessons
>She just gets angry at me and tells me that I'll give it up like the guitar
>Passionate about one thing
>Get it destroyed by Mom
>Sometimes imagining how good I could've been at the piano if she just put me in classes
>FeelsBadMan
>>
>>25468985
writing musik is fun as fuck OP, once I started I fell of vydia

too bad all i got are guitars and basses now

i cant wait till my parents move so i can steal their nice ass piano. I miss it soo fucking much.
>>
>>25468985
>tfw play guitar well but cant sing for shit
>>
>>25469250
i hate guitar too. can we be best friends?
>>
>>25468985
what kind of composition.
are real composition with thought out form and good harmonic progression like a sonata, or just some random chords you mashed together and named ''memories'' or some shit.
>>
>>25468985
>tfw have arround 20 sub 1 minute pieces
I can't finish anything I start

>>25469310
>writing musik is fun as fuck OP
Very true. You also get much better at reading music this way and learn a lot more about music
>>
>>25469250
guitar is beauty, but teachers would rather teach you to strum 3 chords to get the girls wet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cW82NEivjo
>>
File: 1389877420713.jpg (56 KB, 456x384) Image search: [Google]
1389877420713.jpg
56 KB, 456x384
>>25469250

Huh, you've just reminded me.

>Be around 11
>Just entered secondary school
>Mother wanted me to learn the guitar for some reason
>Missed the first lesson because I didn't know when it was, already making a pretty shitty start
>After that, meet the teacher. He's a chill dude had a daughter and enjoyed guitar
>I was an autistic kid at the point in my life, preferred the piano to the guitar and would constantly talk about vidya and shit he didn't care about
>Once I asked him to play mario on his guitar and he just laughed it off
>Another time I played the Pallet Town theme on the piano and said it was an Irish Lullaby as he was Irish
>Went there every Friday for the whole of my first year, didn't really learn anything, didn't care for it
>Second year he was getting pissed I wasn't learning, and told me I should
>Actually fucking try, practice a lot and learn more starting to enjoy it
>He leaves halfway through due to family issues
>Guitar hasn't been touched in 8 years or so
>>
>>25469520
ill teach u to shred metal fgt
if u want grills, the best i can do is teach u some gay dgd songs
>>
>>25469520

I know that guitar can be very beautiful and is essential to music but I just didn't enjoy playing it. Every time I practiced it I would rather be at the piano or listen to someone practice the piano. It's shitty that my mom didn't allow me to practice one thing I was genuinely interested in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCKTeRW3OhQ
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 406x422) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 406x422
>be me
>get piano
>really like A major
>really like A minor
>thats it
>create song using only those two chords
>melody is derived by assigning decimal numbers to each key and looking at the digits of pi
>name of the song
>Please make me tendies mommy---a symphony
>mfw its the greatest song ever written
> mfw when mommy is proud
>>
>>25469777
>that one note solo
that's johnny watson af
>>
>>25469370
>just some random chords you mashed together and named ''memories'' or some shit.
Don't hate on neoimpressionism brah, this is pretty much what I did
https://arnoldsavary.bandcamp.com/releases
Not OP btw
>>
>>25469520
I don't blame them. 80% of guitar students are in just for those three chords or are the kind of guy that wants to be slash playing unlistenable wank and not learning a damn about the instrument.

This is really common, I've spend some time talking to other musicians and guitarists always seem to be considered below the rest, and with idiots like Mr. 3 notes tremolo and Mr. scale exercise solo being the vocal minority I don't really blame them either.

Something similar happens with piano, but it's with covers of pop songs instead. But it seems to be way less of these shitheads in comparison to the guitarists.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.