[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /nihilist/ here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: Worldviews.jpg (266 KB, 950x672) Image search: [Google]
Worldviews.jpg
266 KB, 950x672
Well, robots? Where do you land on this chart?
>>
Apatheist naturally.
>>
>>25468854
This chart is shit and nihilism is for kids and edgy teenagers.
>>
Relativist here.
>>
>>25468854
You can be an existentialist and affirm the existence of a God. Are you daft? One of the original existentialists was a Christian.
>>
Agnostic reporting in.
>>
Agnosticism and atheism are mutually exclusive. They address different claims, belief vs knowledge.

t. Agnostic Atheist.
>>
>>25469776
Masterrrace

Edgy nihillists, dense thesits/atheists and gay naturalists/humanists can suck a dick
>>
>>25468854
apatheist here
>>
>>25468854
Nihilist
don't have proof that a giant cuck exists, but either way even he told us there was some reason for my existence, it would be just as meaningless as any other sentient beings idea of what the reason for life is.
>>
>>25469776
Hmm. Reading this i might be relativist, but isn't the idea that each person defines their own meaning in life the same as there being no meaning at all?
Or is the fact the i found no meaning just my definition of the meaning of life, and not actually the proper meaning in life?
>>25471237
My original post
>>
Chart is shit, don't know if there is meaning should be absurdist.
>>
>>25468854
existentialist masterrace here
>>
>>25471529
That's not what absurdism is, at all.
>>
>>25471694
the efforts of humanity to find or absolutely define, limit, express or exclude the inherent meanings of anything, including human existence, are absurd

it is, quite directly
>>
>>25471708
Absurdism denies meaning completely, but paradoxically it draws meaning from the futile pursuit of meaning.
>>
>>25468854
I got deist, which sounds about right
>>
>>25471738
Not true? Absurdism originated from (as well as alongside) the 20th-century strains of existentialism and nihilism, and so it shares some prominent starting points with, though also reaches conclusions that are uniquely distinct from, these other schools of thought. All three arose from the human experience of anguish and confusion stemming from the Absurd: the apparent meaninglessness in a world in which humans, nevertheless, are so compelled to find or create meaning.[7] The three schools of thought diverge from there. Existentialism has generally advocated the individual's construction of his or her own meaning in life as well as the free will of the individual. Nihilism, on the contrary, contends that "it is futile to seek or to affirm meaning where none can be found."[8] Absurdism, in Camus's formulation, hesitantly allows the possibility for some meaning or value in life, but is neither as certain as existentialism is about the value of one's own constructed meaning nor as nihilism is about the total inability to create meaning.
>>
>>25471771
Or if you need something more specific.
>allows the possibility for some meaning or value in life, but is neither as certain as existentialism is about the value of one's own constructed meaning nor as nihilism is about the total inability to create meaning.

>but is neither as certain

>not certain

>I don't know
>>
If you aren't a nihilist you're a philosophical cuck.
>>
>>25471822
If you aren't a philosophical skeptic (multiple kinds, solipsism is where i started though I am cozy in pyrrhonism now) and aren't convinced any form of knowledge or any form of knowing is even possible then your a pussy hiding from reality.
>>
>>25471866
What if I'm not hiding, I just don't give a shit? Truth doesn't seem to exist and I see no reason to press the issue.
>>
File: 1430937014684.gif (2 MB, 320x193) Image search: [Google]
1430937014684.gif
2 MB, 320x193
>>25471822
>2016
>falling for the Nihilism meme
>>
>>25471957
I meant hiding from the lack of truth or whatever, you aren't hiding under false beliefs. However accepting any belief is asking for trouble.

read this guys philosophy (even just the wiki article or two is good for an overview) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrrho
abstaining from all belief (including disbelief) is generally the best route to take.
>>
>>25468854
Agnostic here
Dont know but interested enough to not be an apathiest
>>
>>25472067
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrrho
Oh nevermind, you aren't a cuck at all! That seems pretty rad. Still a nihilist here though, any philosophy that has a recommended course of action rather than just making statements about the nature of the universe doesn't appeal to me personally.
>>
Apatheist for not giving a damn, I just live and do stuff as I see fit. That's the way I enjoy things.

Then again I might fall into existentialism because just that gives my life a meaning. Huh.
>>
>Pantheist
>>
>>25472163
>thinking about thos pans
>>
>>25469776
>>25469858
>>25469984
>>25470070
>>25470316
>>25471237
>>25471665
>>25471771
>>25471757
>>25472039
>>25472163
absolutely disgusting
pls go back to reddit
>>
apatheist, that ended quickly
>>
>>25468854
apatheist

that was easy
>>
Existentialist.
Not surprised.
>>
File: Worldviews1.1.png (371 KB, 950x672) Image search: [Google]
Worldviews1.1.png
371 KB, 950x672
Adding the only one that matters
>>
>>25469237

Not it's not, you fucking uneducated dumb fuck. What you call "nihilism" is not actual nihilism, but you are too uneducated to know that. Nietzsche's nihilism is not "edgy teenager bullshit". I swear we should kill imbeciles like you.
>>
>>25468982
the only right answer. religion is one of those games where the only way to win is not to play.
>>
File: 1451016952891.jpg (26 KB, 441x441) Image search: [Google]
1451016952891.jpg
26 KB, 441x441
>>25468854
Existentialist here, it hurts to live.
>>
Apatheist. That was less fun than I thought.
>>
>>25472338
Actually, it is.
If you are familiar with nihilism, you should know that it was never intended to be anything more than a transitional period.
>>
>>25469776
>meaning not found in nature
>meaning found in people
Lel get the fuck off r9k
>>
Pantheist apparently.
I believe that there is something bigger than humanity in this world and it controls everything.
>>
>>25472423

Yes, and without any sources, i am supposed to accept your post as the truth ? Tumblr calls you back motherfucker.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.