[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
brain problems general post ITT if you have a mental illness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7
brain problems general

post ITT
if you have a mental illness
a disability
or have been in special education

post your meds and problems

post your storys
have you been to the loonybin yet?
are you autistic?
do you have a mental health team?
>>
>you have a mental illness
depression, suspected sperg
>a disability
no
>or have been in special education
no
>post your meds and problems
Citalopram 20mg, lorazepam 0.5mg when insomnia sticks to me
>post your storys
22 KV, middle-low class europoor, quite asocial
>have you been to the loonybin yet?
yes, but to visit a friend of mine
>are you autistic?
I'm waiting for the diagnostic appointment
>do you have a mental health team?
not a team, just a psychiatrist
>>
im retarded and want to die

thats all
>>
im semi suicidal
>>
stop making this thread all the time ok
>>
>>25465499
I'm retarded as fuck to be completely and holey honest my family
>>
>>25465499
>mental illness
adhd (runs in the family), depression, probably a sperg but id rather ignore that
>a disability
my knees are bad, but it's tolerable
>been in special education
used to be in gifted program when i was younger and i took a class for my speech impediment
zoloft and ritalin
it's actually working for once, i'm the happiest i can ever remember being

i'll probably relapse, but until then im just going to take it easy, relax, and get my affairs in order for my eventual suicide
>post your stories
had to leave the cultish high school my parents wanted me to because i made a suicide pact with my friend
no, and im trying to stay far away. those places terrify me.
>are you autistic?
probably, but im not sanic tier.
my mom and the rest of my family try, but i don't want to be a burden. that and my grandma said that if i was going to kill myself i should just do it and not make the people around me suffer by dragging it out like my crazy great uncle.
>>
>>25465499
My psychiatrist said that I have recurrent depression, but I have only visited him a few times and suspect, that I have bipolar disorder and he hasn't detected it yet.

He prescribed me agomelatine, I'm going to start taking it today.

So why aren't you taking AD's, robots? Probably ~90% here have some sort of depression, and AD's could help some of robots, if not most of robots.
>>
>>25467557
because they dont work
thats why

robots need real psych drugs like haldol
>>
>>25467658
>haldol
>depression

Only if you want to become a vegetable
>>
Have psychosis NOS, it's like schizophrenia but not. Had my breakdown about a year ago. Stayed in my room for three days, hit myself and tried to drink myself to drink. Hallucinated, went catatonic, experienced derealization/depersonalization, couldn't focus enough read a fucking book. Took 4 months to get on the right meds and for them to work.

I got better but now I'm getting worse again and I'm terrified I might have to go to the hospital. I don't want to become a different person/vegetable because of the meds/my illness. Considering an heroing if it comes to that but I'm a pussy.
>>
>>25465499
I have mild autism/ASD, general non-specified form of anxiety, and severe depression, all genuinely diagnosed.

I've tried several different medications throughout the years and none of them have been effective. Aside from side-effects, there has never been a noticeably significant effect on my symptoms, positive or negative. The medication I've been under is the only other treatment I've had other than therapy.

In regards to the issues I've faced, the big one for me has been my anger. Most times I'm faced with it I don't have difficulty controlling it and I know how to handle it appropriately, I'm not really even aggressive/impulsive by nature. It's when I'm already dealing with an overwhelming amount of depression/anxiousness on top of stress where things can get out of hand. It's during a worst-case scenario when I have a complete breakdown and I become violent with yelling/breaking shit. The hospitalizations I've gone under (all temporary/short-term) have been followups in result to some of those incidents.

As far as my diagnoses go, like my autism I don't really struggle with. It is rather mild, any symptoms that stem from it aren't major. It isn't apparent to most people, and if it does show at all, people don't think much of it. I know how to socialize and enjoy being with people, I find far more overall satisfaction from it compared to spending time alone. I'm not that awkward and have developed some decent social skills.
>>
4chan and other media have turned my brain into mush. Please tell me how to break this terrible addiction and become normal again.
>>
>>25465499
>f you have a mental illness
Recovering from a 1 off drug induced psychotic episode which lasted about 6 months.
>a disability
nah, I'm agile as fuck.
gifted and talented programme as a kid.
300mg quetiapine, its pretty good. Makes me sleep like how i remember sleeping as a child, i wake up really fucking mentally refreshed.
>post your story
went to a festival in europe, took a lot more drugs than i was used to, stayed awake for almost a week. attempted suicide because i totally lost my mind.
several times, never for very long. I think I'm fine so i can just easily pretend to the dumb psychs that I'm fine when in reality I'm fucking thinking about walking under a bus.
>are you autistic?
nope
i was involved with the early intervention team, in GB they are awesome. Got me fit and well again. Ive been discharged now.
>>
>>25468446
i know this feel mush brains
>>
>>25467826
You're lucky you got meds in that short time span. I got hallucinations from overdrinking now Im stuck with them every night. Seriously you should be careful the next time you consider a binge, or at least stop drinking if you do start hallucinating
>>
File: frostyspainclinic.jpg (106 KB, 579x381) Image search: [Google]
frostyspainclinic.jpg
106 KB, 579x381
>>25468252
>I genuinely get sad and worry about things
>>
>>25468968
I drank partially because I was hallucinating, partially because it was impossible to sleep. My hallucinations weren't initiated by the drinking but I'm sure it didn't make it better.

I don't drink anymore though because it makes me feel like shit due to my meds.
>>
File: sharkman.jpg (1 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
sharkman.jpg
1 MB, 1680x1050
>24 m
>epilepsy since birth
>have had every kind of seizure that there is
>doctors still say I have a "non-epileptiform EEG"
>I have issues with conveying ideas, but have a lot of them and have huge dreams
>most of the time I am depressed because nobody will ever know what I have to offer the world
>want to build an interstellar civilization and have already designed the material geometry for building wormholes using modern quantum gravity theories (specifically AdS/CFT)
>am on lamictal
>lamictal causes visual snow and various other hallucinations, both visual and auditory
>it also reduces my ability to process sound quickly, so it's hard to understand people
>I understand auditory and visual cues really well, like facial expressions and so on, to the point where the smallest of ticks can give me a sense of what the other person is thinking
>that knowledge is there, but it doesn't connect to my ability to process it well enough to do something about it
>live with parents and have no job, too much work stresses me out reduces my seizure threshold
>women like me, but apparently I'm "intimidating" and thus I have to make the first move (so I'm told by the women I'm not interested in :/)
>I go to a small college with very little to offer theoretical-physics wise, and the engineering/chemistry departments don't have the people available to even understand what I have in my head, even if I could communicate it

Almost every day I consider suicide or think about how I could be living in a completely false world, and every one of my ideas could be wrong. I double-check them with mental math, but can't write it down because too much communication in that way causes seizures. Building anything outside myself, destroys me.

At this point I'm holding out for some kind of treatment to fix my seizures without ruining my ability to grasp these concepts. It could be decades.
>>
im addicted to runescape
>>
File: 1450846077239.png (325 KB, 941x1021) Image search: [Google]
1450846077239.png
325 KB, 941x1021
>>25465499
>if you have a mental illness
depression
>a disability
really bad case of phimosis
no
currently 125mg of notrilen
>post your storys
I could write all night about my life, but it is probably not that interesting. To sum it up I have felt lonely, anxious and out of place for a long time.
my psychiatrist wants me to go to one.
>are you autistic?
Maybe. Not diagnosed. I've got some autistic tendencies (but who doesn't?)
no
>>
the jews are my problems
>>
i think i might have brain problems

over the past several months my speech is getting worse

like I'll say something and forget it

or i'll mix up words (instead of saying "looking for my car" I'll say "carring for my look)

or i'll straight up use the wrong word, or pronounce a word I should know incorrectly
>>
>>25470298
Definitely get this checked out. I don't want to scare you but that is an early sign of schizophrenia.
>>
Diagnosed major depressive disorder with psychotic features, wondered why I was never diagnosed schizophrenic, I showed every symptom of it but it was all tied in with depression I guess, my last hospital stay was for two weeks, well above the 72 hour hold, the first week was spent in a hallucinogenic stupor while the other half was me adjusting to new meds, thank god for Latuda.
>>
>>25470664
If the symptoms become worse the more depressed you become, it's diagnosed as depression with psychotic features.

If you have depression that comes and goes and does not correlate with psychotic symptoms when it does its co morbidity with depression and some psychotic disorder.

It's difficult because depression is really common in schizophrenia.
>>
>>25470806
That makes sense, the more depressed I was the more hallucinations I had, although I was seeing things well before I became depressed
>>
For those that have been admitted to a facility:

1. How is the sexual tension?

2. How much were your medical bills?
>>
>>25470904
Yeah, it's not an exact science by any means. The diagnosis matters somewhat when it comes to treatment, when I was psychotic my psych also diagnosed me with depression with psychotic features and tried to treat it with anti-depressants. Set me back 2 months because those meds didn't do jack shit.
>>
>>25470386
I know I'm just a random untrained person but I don't think I have that.

I mean I looked up symptoms and half of them were just stuff like

>depressed
>doesn't enjoy anything
>socially withdrawn (because I don't know how to socially interact very well)
>etc

I think I just talk without thinking and words get mixed up.
>>
>>25470980
there was some

the first place was 1k i have never paid and they stopped sending the bills
the second one was like 12$ a day for 2 weeks
>>
OCD, probably depression as well but that one isn't diagnosed.
Seeing a psychologist for half a year now, haven't made any real progress.
Today I noticed the skin of my hands was getting odd, it's almost definitely a result of washing my hands too much. See, when I touch something someone else has touched, I feel like I carry that person with me. With everything else I touch, I spread that person. I wouldn't be able to type this without washing my hands first as I wouldn't feel free, I would have that person typing with me. Also, I hate most people I deal with on a regular basis, which doesn't make it easier. This is only one of my problems but I don't want to detail it all since nobody gives a fuck probably anyway tbqhwyfams.
>>
>>25470980
Sexual tension was only prevalent in the children's ward cause I was around cute but psychotic chicks my age (I was 17 at the time) and some were hot but had serious issues and since I'm still on my parents insurance it wasn't super expensive but without insurance my last hospital stay would've bankrupted my family
>>
>>25471062
It's perfectly possible that it's nothing. That said it could be a very early cognitive symptom. Definitely do keep an eye on it even if you don't see anyone right now.
>>
Borderline Personality Disorder. I've been dissociating a lot more as time goes on. I wonder if this was the person I always was.
>>
>you have a mental illness
depression/stress/anxiety/add/adhd and depersonalizion
>a disability
autism/cerebral palsy
yes
none and the usual [hermit with no gf]
>post your storys
http://pastebin.com/ZRND3ici
been asked 3 times but no.
>are you autistic?
yes
no
>>
OCD. It was obvious when I was a child. I had to do things in sets of 4s, and walk on tiled/wood floors in a certain way. Sometimes I would just about board the school bus on the way home and I would be compelled to just turn around and go back into the school to ensure that my locker was indeed locked.

I'm 26 now and I've grown out of those hardcore rituals.
>>
>>25471405
Can you elaborate on what you mean by "grown out of"? Did you go through therapy?
In the last couple years it's been getting really bad for me, I finally decided to see a therapist because I was worried it would never get better or go away.
>>
I hate myself end everything
>>
By "grown out of" I mean took medication to change my brain chemistry (ssri's) and made a conscious effort to not indulge my obsessions and compulsions.

I went to therapy during my senior year of highschool for depression and we explored my OCD. I took ssri's for the next six years to mellow me out to the point that I'd forget about my obsessions and compulsions. Then I made a conscious effort to unlearn the behaviors.

If you haven't already, I recommend taking the meds. OCD is a part of our personalities. We need drugs to change that.
>>
>>25471726
same life is sufferingg
>>
>>25467782
i want to be vegetable
>>
>>25472613
same life is suffering I want to turn it off
>>
>>25469161
Give me your email, we can trade work
>>
>>25473292
>Weeb email
no thanks
>>
File: 1352179775185.jpg (145 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1352179775185.jpg
145 KB, 600x600
>>25465499
>mental illness
generalized anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder, depression all of which runs in the family

>disability
not that im aware of, but various other health problems in the family put me at a high risk

>special education
nope

>meds and problems
used to take Cipralex for my anxiety, it stopped working now on Zoloft. havent taken anything for my depression, usually it and anxiety go hand in hand

>your story
nothing special on this board, im sure. KV, no job, don't leave the house, the works.

>been to the loonybin yet?
not yet, but sometimes i wonder if i would be better off there

>are you autistic?
not as far as im aware

saw a lot of therapists as a kid, even psychiatrists. i never saw any help from them, realized i was mostly there for weekly appointments so they would get money out of us so i stopped going
>>
>>25467508
how much zoloft you on? i'm on 75mg and i havent noticed anything that extreme. i guess i can function more than i did before, but everythings still shit
>>
ssris do not work true fact
>>
>>25474821
They work for millions of people, including me. BS they don't work. There's literature on both sides on the effectiveness of SSRIs. It's true they are more effective for a specific subset of depression but they do work.
>>
>mental illness

depression, aspergers
>disability

weak in the feet
>special education

i was in special education, but then i tried studying in school and i started getting straight A's
>meds and problems

I'm taking ritalin unos to help me concentrate in school. i get paranoid when im around friends
that they might be plotting to betray me or are just having a gag that they're my friends.
>been to the loonybin

i've been to a "loonybin" called BUGL when i was a kid
>i have add but nothing like the people that like mlp
>ive been discharged from them..
>>
Health anxiety. Any slight problem with my body is think Im going to die.

>develop slight cough
>OH FUCK WHERE DID THIS COME FROM I MUST HAVE LUNG CANCER
>>
>>25475388
>google symptom
>Cancer
>cancer
>cancer
>>
>>25475818
I know this feel

feellio
>>
I might have cancer

i hope its cancer
>>
For a second I got excited. I thought you meant "brain problems" as in problem solving problems.

When do you guys stop complaining about your lack of ability and start trying something else?
>>
>>25477529
go do some math you weirdo
>>
the loonybin is a fun place to go
>>
stop posting you retards reeeeeeeee
>>
>>25478518
I hate you to sped
>>
File: 1435841640390.gif (890 KB, 305x320) Image search: [Google]
1435841640390.gif
890 KB, 305x320
>>25465499
>do you have a mental illness
idk, but when i was younger i felt like i was going to be abandon every time i was alone and i was supper paranoid, i would think people were going to kill them self's, then i would start shaking and breathing heavy and I would feel sick
he i was in special ed from 1th-12th grade, not the one for retards but the one were then send you out of class to take a test.
never been on meds and the abandonment stuff went away when I got a car
>post your storys
when I was 10 I thought my brother was rape'd and killed, I was crying all night, then he came home like nothing had happend. I think thats what started it all.
20, TX, live at home, go to college I dont like, never had a gf
no but I have been to a psych. a few times
>are you autistic?
no
no

https://youtu.be/JzIK5FaC38w?list=RDW6H8WcTPnWM
>>
this is a jewish trick dont post
>>
>>25467508
Zeb Wilson?
>>
>>25479948
josh brown?
>>
Officia diagnosis of ADHD and chronic depression.

Was prescribed addy before my official diagnosis and basically was addicted to them. Tried to kill myself one time, then a few weeks later had a panic attack that put me in the hospital. Took me a year to even have caffeine after that.

250mg wellbutrin a day for me now, it's changed my life more than I ever thought anything could. No more suicidal thoughts and I actually look forward to the future. Alcohol use is down significantly too.

Keep trying until you find what works. Wellbutrin was the 4th med I tried, but it's been so worth it.
>>
I can confrimed ssris dont work at all
>>
>>25481062
this so much i hate the ssri meme
>>
>>25481649
they do work you stupid faggot
>>
>>25482486
they dont you kike lover
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.