[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IQ is not that important to overall intelligence. Everybody is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: mario.gif (951 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
mario.gif
951 KB, 500x384
IQ is not that important to overall intelligence. Everybody is different, so how can you distill universal aptitude down to one number, huh?

>be self
>have formally tested IQ of 99
>complete masters in CS
>work as a systems analyst for a company you probably all have heard of
>salary of $160,000

There you fuckin go.
>>
>>25463515
IQ/g is talent. Success and innovation is something like

g = value between [0 and 5]
effort = value between [0 and 1000000]
success = g*effort
>>
>>25463559
Why did you choose arbitrary numbers like that?
Your scales should always be between 0 and 1 if you don't have actual units you're working with.
>>
yes we are aware that having a vastly superior intellect in world run by normies for normies gets you absolutely nowhere. being a part of the pack and able to relate with people is much more conducive to success.
>>
>>25463605
To model the relative contribution of the two inputs to the output.

That is to say: effort means a fuckton more than talent and a lazy talented person goes nowhere.

But, those rare few who combine talent and effort end up as the geniuses.
>>
>>25463690
But still then, why not use the smallest ratio possible? Like in your case, 1 and 200,000
>>
>>25463515
IQ is an inherently pointless metric insofar as those who are smart are smart, without it being quantified.
>>
>>25463738
I didn't think about it. That would be fine. Feel free to do it.
>>
IQ is 99% a dick-measuring contest, nothing else. Plus, you can get better at IQ tests through practice, which calls the whole thing into question for me.
>>
File: 1447013332079.jpg (53 KB, 422x392) Image search: [Google]
1447013332079.jpg
53 KB, 422x392
>>25463817
yeah it's completely true
>>
If IQ doesn't matter why did you make a thread about it?
>>
Tip: if you speak of 'effort' or 'motivation', it betrays that you fundamentally misunderstand the concepts of psychometry, and pretty much statistics and science in general.
>>
>>25464070
Probably an inferiority complex. OP hopes to start a dick measuring contest by entering a 2-digit IQ, therefore opening himself to the ridicule and humiliation which he craves sexually.
>>
>>25464095
>It's science's fault I'm a lazy cunt!

>>>tumblr
>>
>have "high" IQ as little girl
>teacher mentions some male student got the same score as me after testing a few times
>waves me off because female for whatever reason
>male student goes on to advance classes
>don't think into it much until years later
That bitch, she got me.
>>
>>25464132
It's not about laziness, you tard. 'Effort' and 'motivation' shun the concept of a scientific relationship. You no longer care about predictors of achievement, you're saying 'achievement can be achieved as long as you ensure that you achieve it'. It is tautological, vacuous, and useless. But you are, of course, ignorant of your incompetence.
>>
File: 1450129796939.jpg (25 KB, 552x594) Image search: [Google]
1450129796939.jpg
25 KB, 552x594
>>25464167
>girl
yeah I know your game, roastie
>>
>>25463515
>systems analyst
>160K
Tell me more, papa.
>>
>>25464202
This is a true story, don't worry. I just never considered she was trying to tell me I was retarded until years later.
>>
>>25464173
You misunderstand the concept of effort.

>'achievement can be achieved as long as you ensure that you achieve it'

That's not what effort means moron. Effort means that one takes steps to ensure a greater chance of achieving their goals. It doesn't mean all you have to do is try and it will happen.

Again >>>tumblr
>>
>>25464239
Jesus Christ.

'One's chance of achievement is increased if one ensures that one increases one's chance of achievement.'

Just give up. You're never going to comprehend that in science there is no such thing as 'you' or 'one', but only data events which to co-relate.
>>
>>25464070
Because people think it matters?
>>
>>25464294
>>25464239
That is:

>your success is in scalar relationship x with property of upbringing A = meaningful
>your success is in scalar relationship x with property of schooling B = meaningful
>your success is in scalar relationship x with property of early adulthood experience C = meaningful

>your success depends on turning failures into successes = meaningless trash
>your success depends on remembering not to give up = meaningless trash
>your success depends on the degree you try = meaningless trash
>>
>an anecdote has any bearing on widespread statistical correlation

Your a retarded.
>>
>>25464350
In yet other words, people who bring up 'motivation' e.g. in discussion of IQ are an intellectual nuisance who reply to every statement of a relationship with a 'uh, well, but if the population in question tried harder, they would achieve more', and expect applause.
>>
>>25464294
You honestly sound like someone who's just taken their first science class ever and thinks they're Steven Hawking. Please take your basic science pseudophilosphy back to reddit and get your updoots.
>>
>>25463515
>with just 10,000 hours of practice, you can become faster than Usain Bolt
>>
>>25464405
Whatever, dark, edgy 4channer who tells people to 'try harder! :) '.
>>
Undergrad-level introductory statistics (as in, the real thing, not psychology "statistics") should be a requirement for high school graduation, precisely so threads like these may be avoided.
>>
>>25463690
Is laziness a choice?
How you can choose not to be lazy?
pls respond anyone
and no bully
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.