[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any graduate students here? Whats your experiences like? Is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1451801109439.jpg (48 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1451801109439.jpg
48 KB, 720x960
Any graduate students here?
Whats your experiences like?
Is it better than undergrad ?
Do you still have time for a social life?
>>
>>25462487
I would either be getting one in accounting or finance around 23 if that helps.
>>
>>25462487
>going back to college a second time because you still didnt get your desired wagekek job

fackin lmao wagekeks paying millions just so you can suck your jew boss of harder hahahahaha
>>
>>25462512
Well a bachelors degree has become the new highschool degree.
So a higher title would just be a mark of pride for me.
Also yeah earning a CPA license and becoming a finance manager because of my graduate degree sounds pretty nice
College is still a good idea for the right degrees
>>
>>25462487
I'd fucking destroy her and enjoy a nice chesty cuddle afterwards
>>
as a graduate student you begin to realize how slutty women are
>>
>>25462539
lmao wagekeks delusion

>let me just waste my entire 20s slaving away getting a useless paper instead of having fun

fuckin lel
>>
>>25462543
explain

i thought they were already sluts in regular college
>>
>>25462487
I'm getting my MPA. I like it more than undergrad because I'm interested in all of the courses in this field. They're interesting and challenging. No feeling of wasted time or money on stupid ass gen eds like in undergrad.
>>
>>25462560
What? I be 25 when im finished , that's not my entire 20's.
If anything its much easier to have a life in the college bubble of being a student
Rather than working 5 days a week.
>>
PhD student (STEM)

Grad school is more fun than undergrad in many ways

Having decent peers makes things nicer
>>
>>25462589
Do you live on campus?
Do you have time for a life outside of school?
I was told most graduate students don't.
I just hope for a better experience than my shitty tier 2 undergrad school because its what I could afford.
>>
>>25462497

make sure you get an internship. I graduate this semester but getting an internship is more important than your GPA.
>>
>>25462497
Im in a masters in accounting program now. The work is easier snd is mostly busy work but the teachers grade harder.
I want to drop out because accounting is for normies and im too autistic for a really good job.
>>
Possibly going to grad school next fall.

Would you say the peers are more interesting?
>>
>>25462540
That's slam piggy, she gets spammed on /b/all the time
>>
>>25462487
Math grad here. Grad school sucks until you get to the point where you can focus on your own thing and teach your classes the way you want to (rather than by someone elses formula).

If you want to become an expert in your field your social life will suffer greatly. You basically have to live and breathe the thing you are studying or else your peers will surpass you quickly. However I have to remark that most grad students are more or less average people, and if you have a talent for your area of study you should be able to rise above them easily.
>>
>>25462487

1. M.A. in history
2. classes are interesting, job prospects are still shit, money is tight, more freetime and less structure than wage-keking
3. no. you're older, there's no partying, there's less socializing, there's more pressure to have your shit together, peers outside are making money and getting married
4. yes but a lot of other people don't, or have very serious significant others/ marriages / children

>TL;DR grad school gives you more free time and less money than wage-keking, plus the hope of a semi-respectable job
>>
Did some grad work a while ago now. It was horrible, the worst decision I made, actually.

Wasn't ready for it, left home, had anxiety about finding a job afterward, basically imploded.

If you go, be very clear about WHY you're doing it and what you're going to get out of it. Also, rethink it if you aren't doing a STEM degree.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.