[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is r9k a bad place to go if you want to improve yourself? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: 1378997848826.gif (2 MB, 215x162) Image search: [Google]
1378997848826.gif
2 MB, 215x162
Is r9k a bad place to go if you want to improve yourself? I've been coming here every day for quite a long time now and I have not fixed any of my problems.

In fact, in the time it took me to make this thread and continue browsing r9k after I make the thread, I could be looking for work and applying for jobs, but instead I'm going to be lurking here again with a bunch of other losers who I think may subconsciously be making me think that its actually acceptable and sustainable to be a NEET failure.

If you're under 21 please don't reply, there are far too many kids here who take a semester off of school or don't go to college immediately after graduating and act like "Oh I have not had a job for 4 whole months! NEET life amiright guys? :^)". None of that please. I mean, I'm in my mid 20s and I have no work experience. I don't even get NEETbux, I live purely under my parents which is making life shameful, miserable, and embarrassing. I want to make changes.
>>
what kind of job are you looking for?
>>
I also love self improvement, what aspect of your life do you want to improve?
>>
>>25459998

Honestly anything. I just keep setting the bar lower and lower. I don't even want to move out anymore and get a good respectable job. If I could deliver pizzas for 20 hours a week I'd be happy. Anything to just get rid of the crushing feeling I get whenever either of my parents are home or around. The feeling when they wake up for work and I'm on my computer, they come home from work and I'm still there, and they know I spent the entire day playing videogames.. Again.. I'm sick of being treated like a child. My mom yells at me for staying up late, tries to tell me what I should and shouldn't be eating, makes me do housework, all this demeaning shit.

I just want so badly to be like "Yes, I put in a solid day of work today just like you guys. Treat me like an adult. Here, I can even pay rent or start paying for my own food." Something. Anything.

>>25460025

I need to get back into shape, I was a /fit/ teenager and since then I've become disgusting. For now, I want a job.
>>
>>25459956
If you want to succeed in life, close your /r9k/ tabs and never return to this board.
If you want to be a NEET for the rest of your life, stay here and never frequent other boards than /r9k/, /a/, /v/ and /mu/.
>>
>>25460060
Ok, you need some skills, torrent some good books on Excel and on fitness.
Start from there.
Also, you could go in the army.
Where do you live?
>>
>>25460061

I think you're right, which is why I made this thread. Why do you think coming here fucks me up so much?

I have another problem, I'm in a 4chan skype group and lately I've just been talking to the people in there all day. I think the escapism is just becoming too much for me. I literally hang out in there all day with the other people, there are always people there talking or in a call 24/7. That and the fact that I can just play video games with people all day is just making it too easy for me to become completely unproductive.

I'm honestly thinking of taking a hiatus from all my internet friends, which I've never done before. The only friends I have are internet friends. The fact that I have no work, no life, no real friends and nothing around me in my real life is shitty. I think I just need to stop letting the internet make it so easy for me to ignore all my problems.

>>25460087

I live in Connecticut.
>>
>>25459956
>Tfw barely made the cutoff.
Well here's some advice that may or may not help you.

First there's no shame in living with your parents at your age, the economic situation is shit (assuming American), there is shame living with your parents and not contributing however.

Second, You already have the feeling this is not a natural state, Sure I like to fuck with people and overuse memes as much as the next guy, but you are already aware this is not good for you, I advise you to go to /g/ or any other board you can actually pick up a useful skill.

Third, my own personal experiences, I was Neet out of high school until 3 months ago, my father sent me to live with my extended familly in a third world country, forcing me into a different environment and adapt to the situation. This has allowed me to pick up skills I wouldn't have bothered with, mostly repair of tech and construction, advantages of my time in the states.
>tl;dr: a change of pace and the threat of death help. (also had to learn a garbage language.)

You should try everything in your power to change, once you get complacent you will not stop your destructive path, ask your parents to help you.
>22
>tl;dr Yes, this place is bad go out and be a normalfag, aka be yourself.
>>
>>25460107
in the r9k group?
lol Im also, whats your name?
>>
Self impeovement is a fucking 20somethings meme. Dont fall for that garbage
>>
>>25460127

Its not specifically an r9k group. I don't feel comfortable identifying myself, if you were close to me, you'd already know who I am just by reading this thread.

And I guess that's it. After this thread 404s I will try my best to never come back to r9k. It sucks, I come here every day and a good amount of you guys relate to me. But I have to move on. I feel like my life halted once I finished high school 5 years ago and nothing has changed even slightly since. I really just need to get the fuck out of here. I hope I can make it.

>>25460183

Care to elaborate?
>>
>>25459956
Hey anon, I want you to know that the very first step back into society is finding a job. Just browse the newspaper and whatever job portals you have online. I used to be like you, but when I found my first F&B job as a waiter, I was struggling as i had anxiety issues and the manager was a dick sometimes but things started to change. You eventually start becoming a better person when you find your first job, I'm not even kidding. When you get your first paycheck, you will eventually be proud of yourself to want even more in life, such as taking lessons on the weekend, having a hobby and such. I visit /r9k/ on the weekends but it made me feel better, because I am already slightly better than I was before here as a fellow NeetAnon. Hopefully you are able to break out of the cycle anon, just like me.
>>
>>25460268

Thank you.

Do you find coming here helps or hinders your progress at all? I don't mean to sound like a faggot, but I think this place makes me feel enabled. At home among others like me. It makes me feel like its okay to live in a way that it really isn't okay to live and that's the issue.
>>
>>25459956
ok listen the fuck up

its the absolute worst place you can be if you have mental issues.
>>
>>25460423

Why? I was muted by the robot. ROBOT. AHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>25460436
because not only do r9k reinforce your insecurities and doubts - they add layers of hate (women, other males - ppl in general) and even worse - taking pride in being a loser (wagecucks i a great example)
>>
>>25460486
>implying other males aren't my enemies
>implying humans beings would accept me
>>
>>25460486

>Taking pride in being a loser

That's it! That's the best way you could have put it. That's what was bothering me enough to make this thread and consider leaving r9k. I knew something was wrong but I couldn't put my finger on what it was. You're totally right. When I had my last job which was at Home Depot for like two weeks before I left and never came back, I felt good and smug when I quit, and I remember I would post in those smug wagecuck threads every morning before work and be absolutely fucking bitter and miserable and angry because of it.

All this being said if I could actually get neetbux like some people here do and get my own little apartment and live for free off the government I would do so happily, but still living off my parents fucking sucks. I'd rather be a wagecuck then hang my head in shame and hide from my parents whenever they are not at work, and feel like a fucking failure and disappointment constantly.

This is a very bloggy thread. I'm sorry.
>>
>>25460555
I thought that was self evident, assuming you actually browsed /r9k/ for an extended period and could make basic connections; so I didn't mention it in my blog post.
>third world faggot here.
Maybe browse /lit/ and work on reasoning skills?
>>
>>25460555
>I'd rather be a wagecuck then hang my head in shame and hide from my parents whenever they are not at work, and feel like a fucking failure and disappointment constantly.
i got sick of that too. had a good run being a neet watching anime and playing vida. but after a decade it gets old. you want something more
>>
>>25460486
>taking pride in being a loser

It's a defense mechanism.

Most people on here need serious help (outside of the shitposters, who just need to kill themselves).
>>
>>25460486
>they add layers of hate (women, other males - ppl in general)
They started it
>>
>>25459956

Wagecuck here:

>you look for job

>you find some job

>you're bored there

>you take your boss's shit every day

>you think about quitting

Then you have 2 options from here

A:

You continue taking boss's shit and all problems every day (till you're fired or for the rest of your life)

B:

You quit.....you think..damnit,..I need a job....

Rinse and repeat all steps
>>
>>25460350
When you find your first job, /r9k/ wont even matter anymore. For me it felt like an adventure when I held on my first job for the first week, especially in the food industry. And I really hope you are going to take the first step to finding any job at all, because it is likely you will procrastinate and say you will do it tomorrow, or the next day, or the next week. Just like that really old guy in his 40s would did an ama or something who was still a neet. Just please, change now before you end up like him.
>>
Just to set the context: I am not a NEET, I actually have a great job.

I live at home with my parents right now and its absolutely fucking horrible. I have been doing this to save money and buy a play of my own. I move in to my own on home on Tuesday and I am having a really hard time coping and keeping my brain together now that my dream is so close.

Living with my parents has destroyed my mental health, here are some symptoms:
>Anxiety
I am scared of being a loser living with my parents, and I feel like I can't unwind because I don't have some kind of private space
>Depression
I feel trapped in my room and also unable to express myself (trapped in myself)
>Anger
I feel unnaturally angry at my parents, which is common towards roommates, but it sucks to experience with those who really do love you
>Addiction
I don't want to go home spend tons of time alone in bars just drinking until I am blackout and my parents have gone to sleep

I move in to my new home (that I fucking OWN) on Tuesday and I am just doing everything I can to keep it together until then. I think when I move in the small amount of shit that I actually own I am going to just sit on the floor and fucking cry.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.