[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a question for older robots and wizards: do the feels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: 1446400807684.png (87 KB, 714x810) Image search: [Google]
1446400807684.png
87 KB, 714x810
I have a question for older robots and wizards: do the feels ever stop? I'm 27 now and if anything the feels intensified. Unfortunately I have a job and being constantly surrounded by people with gf, wife, friends and everything else makes me feel the heaviest feels. I pretty much have everything except for a gf now (and my own place but it doesn't matter because I can't take care of myself anyway without my parents), and I feel worse than when I had nothing and spent my day playing shitty video games. Now even vidya bores me immediately and if I'm not at work I just lurk the chans all day and sometimes I masturbate.
>>
You should be able to tell from my post, but I forgot to mention explicitly that I'm a kissless, handholdless, socially awkward virgin.
>>
>>25458979
just hire a prostitute
>>
they become background noise
>>
File: 1446419167439.png (229 KB, 1200x807) Image search: [Google]
1446419167439.png
229 KB, 1200x807
>>25458987
You normies don't understand that it's not that we want to have sex and that's it. We want to feel loved and have loving sex.
>>
>>25459013
im not a virgin anymore but i can understand the latter of that

haha
>>
I don't understand it. Getting a gf shouldn't be your main goal in life, I guarantee most of you who make these kind of threads will still be miserable even with a gf. Find out what you truly love to do and try to make it your work, no matter how hard.
Waking up everyday doing what you love the most is the most satisfying long term feeling you can get. Having a girlfriend shouldn't be your purpose for living

23 year old kissless virgin here
>>
>>25458964
no job, no education, no place of my own, no gf, ruined social reputation, few friends

I feel it's easier to bear it all now than when I was a stupid and emotional young man
>>
>>25459100
The point is that I don't hate my job, I don't love it but it's ok to me. I've lost all my goals in life. I don't enjoy vidya anymore, I stopped going to gym, I used to enjoy skating but I don't do that anymore either because I just feel awkward, I'm no longer interested in technology and cars which I used to be very interested in. I just post on various chan boards and masturbate, I don't feel like doing anything else. Even work is starting to get grating to be honest.

The only thing I miss is a gf, so that has to be the key to happiness for me.
>>
>>25459100
But I love getting drunk and playing video games, everything else is just bullshit.
>>
33 here, I encourage you to keep your job even if makes you feel numb. Having a place to go everyday and being around people has a lot of indirect benefits.

I worked a few years, saved up $$ then became neet by choice. After 5 years of neetdom, I feel that was a mistake. It's much easier to slip into mental illness and shit when you have no obligations - nothing that keeps you holding it together.
>>
>>25459100
>Waking up everyday doing what you love the most
>he thinks everyone has a professions
>he thinks most professionals aren't in it for the money and prestige anyway
>implying the definition of a job for most people isn't fixing steel girders in place on some construction site

I really can't imagine where you're coming from with this.
>>
post dank memes bruh
>>
>>25459227
Are you still kv at 33?
>>
File: 1450038674111.jpg (1017 KB, 2738x2268) Image search: [Google]
1450038674111.jpg
1017 KB, 2738x2268
I'm 31 but I may not be the best person to answer, because I was born and raised in poor conditions.

I still have to live with my parents because I attend university and I work part-time, but it would never be enough to pay for a place/food/bills. So I have to live with them until I'm 35 or so.

What I can tell you though is that nothing changed for my life situation. I made some shallow friends over the years at uni with whom I drink a coffee and chat sometimes in study breaks. I also get along with co-workers, but that's easy if you just put a mask on and respect the internal hierarchies of the company.

Feels-wise you get tougher. I remember crying a lot up until my mid 20s because I felt that life has treated me unfairly and that all my chances were wasted. Today, that is still a fact. But over time you learn to adapt to a new standard. You learn that ageing means loss and sacrifice. You learn that there are many people on this planet who lead a much more miserable life than you. People who have to struggle every day and fear for their life because of war, famine and poverty with no sign of change. You learn to appreciate your health while you have it and to enjoy simple things that don't necessarily cost money.

I used to think what a loser I am for playing vidya on saturday nights, while everyone was out partying. I used to be sad freezing in my shitty bed at my parents' house, while everyone was cuddling up with their cute gf in their own apartment. I used to hate everyone around because they had life on easy mode, while I had to fight to survive.

I had a terrible accident in August of last year. Ever since then, I have constant neck pain and a rather loud tinnitus. (a sound in my left ear which NEVER stops 24/7) but I still find occasional happiness.

The idea of having a 'normal life' with gf etc. is a distant delusion now. But with age, you learn and accept that is has ALWAYS BEEN a distant delusion.

tl;dr: Aging makes you tough. Less pain.
>>
>>25459355
Forgot to mention, (since that seems to be important around here)... Yes, I'm a KHV or whatever the correct term is for someone who never had a gf and so on. So I guess I am what you call a 'wizard'.

Fucking fear my sorcery powers!
>>
File: 1424721196345.png (45 KB, 527x487) Image search: [Google]
1424721196345.png
45 KB, 527x487
>>25459355
Thank you for this post. I think that I would probably commit suicide if my situation doesn't improve bu the time I'm 31. Listening to music is one of the few things that help me bear this worthless life so if I ever got tinnitus that would send me over the edge. I respect your toughness but I'm too much of a pussy to keep bearing this.
>>
File: Uncle_junior.jpg (47 KB, 506x316) Image search: [Google]
Uncle_junior.jpg
47 KB, 506x316
>>25458964
Is that you, Junior?
>>
I'm in my mid 30s and I guess there is no universal answer to your question OP.

Some people eventually accept their situation and once you hit a certain spot there won't be new feels popping up - so you just kinda end in a state of constant tfw no gf but you get used to it.

For me personally its different, every year some other crap keeps happening making my situation worse.
Divorce, can't see my daughter anymore, drinking too much

ama I guess
>>
Feels get mellowed out, because you are aging and your hormone levels are dropping. Of course they were never really arranged in a favorable way to begin with, you just enter a sort of comfortable state of neutered-ness.

But really what are you aspiring to anyway? Who are you trying to impress? Even if you manage to ingratiate yourself with some normie scum (and they are scum), you'll just find yourself surrounded by people you hate.
>>
>>25459838
>hormone levels are dropping

I hope this will happen soon. Getting horny is the worst thing ever for me lately.
>>
>>25459013
True... I know that feel... I'm glad that there's still robots in here.. Because lately this is a mix between soc, /b/ & /fit/
>>
>>25458964
Extreme results require extreme dedication.

If you want social fulfillment, delete your Steam account, throw out any consoles you have, throw out any fiction books, and edit your hosts file to block any sites you passively browse.

Then spend all your free time running, lifting, taking fitness classes, learning how to eat clean. The only time you take a break is when you have a social commitment: hanging out with normies, or going on a date with a girl who isn't fat.

If you do the above, you'll forget vidya and your parents even exist, and you'll be 10 times happier than you are now.

And please never bitch about your life again, because you have the solution now. If you don't do it, that's your choice to be miserable.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.