[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>literally takes me close to 2-3 hours a night to get to sleep
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 11
File: 1374902189505.jpg (11 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1374902189505.jpg
11 KB, 251x242
>literally takes me close to 2-3 hours a night to get to sleep
>been like this since I was a kid
>"LOL BRO JUST STOP THINKING ABOUT STUFF BRO THEN YOU'LL GET TO SLEEP"
>>
>>25458378

>You just need to go to bed early and wake up early anon
>Ugh I can totally relate with not being able to sleep, yesterday it took me 15 minutes to fall asleep!
>It's just a phase anon, you'll sleep better when you're older
>It's because you don't really WANT to sleep anon
JUST
>>
Try only drinking water, try sticking to a STRICT schedule, try waking up early (6 AM or 7 AM), walk somewhere every day or so, breath deeply, make at least one close friend, don't get near your bed during the day, do not bring your phone to bed

In like 2 weeks or less you'll start sleeping like a baby and become a normiefag

Well, that's at least if you want something more than a pity party
>>
>>25458438
I drink nothing but water and go to bed at the same time every night, don't even own a phone, and spend most of my day walking to get to class

Still takes me fucking hours to sleep
>>
>>25458477
Would you say you're the nervous/ kind of paranoid type?
>>
Just put on a good meditation guide or documentary and drift off. Who the fuck in this century can actually fall asleep by just laying there, staring at the ceiling without having been awake for at least 24 hours?
>>
File: 0213 - VRhx8s3.jpg (39 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
0213 - VRhx8s3.jpg
39 KB, 420x420
smoke some thug weed nigga
>>
Try an experiment:

DO NOT SLEEP every 2nd day for 2 weeks. Literally only sleep every 2nd day.

See how fast it takes for you to fall asleep on the off-days and afterwards. You will drop like a fucking rock.
>>
Melatonin worked for me. Usually 5mg helps if you take it an hour or two before the time you're supposed to be in bed. Don't sit in your bed all the time either, associate your bed with sleeping and not just general being in bed all the time
>>
Try ASMR, breh
>>
Try this audio course famalam
http://avxhome.se/ebooks/B01485IRLQ.html
>>
>>25458378
There's this herb. It's called Valerian Root. It stinks like shit. Buy some online, brew it in a tea, chug it down while laying in bed. It was known as the valium of the victorian age for a reason. Shit will knock you right out.
>>
>>25458483
I do worry a lot about simple shit I suppose, but even then it's inconsequential shit like driving tests or like going back to uni
>>
I can't remember the last time I just went to sleep, I always just stay up 48+ hours and pass out every cycle.
>>
>>25458562
And what's the purpose? I'll feel like shit every 2nd day because lack of sleep.
>>
>>25458621
Hmm... Odd
Bring your case to a doctor, tell them your daily regimen, your health, all that

You should get some meds to help you sleep
>>
File: 1401759501957.gif (168 KB, 500x595) Image search: [Google]
1401759501957.gif
168 KB, 500x595
>>25458378
Same story here man
Takes at least two hours to get to sleep, unless i have been awake for a really long time. Can't remember a time that wasn't like this
The sleep paralysis and night terrors don't help either. Sleeping on my back brings them on all the time, as well as some very long and realistic dreams. I try to sleep on my sides most nights to prevent it
>>
>>25458378
Avoid computer monitor three hour before sleeping also, Avoid any blue light. it increase chance of depression.
>>
I sometimes make up these stories with fictional characters and events in my head.
Takes me 10 minutes tops to fall asleep.
>>
This was me up until two years ago, all my life before that. I'm in my late twenties.

Then one day I started to sleep within minutes of focusing on the desire to. No idea what changed. Could be my desire to escapism is so strong now that sleep is the only real fantasy I can exit into so I can knock myself out very fast.
>>
That guy was right, you know.
>>
>>25458378
Just take melatonin dude
>>
>>25458567
If you take 10mg you dont wake up when you have to piss, pure bliss
>>
>work nights
>usually wake up at 12am for 1am shift
>on off days wake up at 12am
>nobody is online or awake
>why am i alive.jpg
>>
Workout. Not like a few push ups and a jog and that's it. I mean a proper workout where you progress everytime, preferably gym. If you don't sweat like a pig, it doesn't count.

eat good and then tell me you can't sleep. There is no way after a heavy workout with a meal afterwards that you cannot sleep. You will beg to lie down in a bed

And after you get used to working out your body will stabilise and you will sleep regularly just fine. And you get ripped and healthy on the side
>>
>>25458477

lol dude u clearly still have too much energy, go start working out like crazy. you have alpha genes, they dont let you sleep until your body is used
>>
>constantly tired to due not being able to sleep at night
>wide awake at night, exhausted during the day
>bro you need to get some sleep bro
Yeah thanks for the advice, I never would have thought of it
>>
sucks op, i can drop like a box of rocks on demand, in hs i even had my psyc teacher think i was narcaleptic or some shit
>>
File: 1451497798704.jpg (80 KB, 553x567) Image search: [Google]
1451497798704.jpg
80 KB, 553x567
I've given up on sleep a long time ago, even times when my entire being tried to shut down, I just couldn't.
I eventually gave up and pumped my body full of caffeine, its not ideal but i'll take that over struggling to get a nights rest. Side effects include collapsing if you don't keep to the rhythm of it, though
>>
>>25458438
you're retarded

none of that shit has anything to do with not being able to fall asleep lmfao
>>
File: 1438465142415.gif (424 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1438465142415.gif
424 KB, 480x270
>>25458378
>always take at minimum an hour to fall asleep
>"bro just do X itll help you sleep man"
>remember as a kid friends would fall asleep WAY faster then me and I'd be staring at the roof past 1am
>"you'll appreciate sleep better when you're older"
>older
>take 2+ hours to sleep

i know someone that actually sleeps within 30 seconds of closing his eyes, whereas I'll wakeup if someone takes a step in the other side of the house
>>
>>25458816
>Avoid computer monitor three hour before sleeping
So basically lose 3 hours of your day so you can sleep 2 hours earlier?
>>
>>25458378
>2-3 hours of sleep
holy shit bro I feel bad for you. If I sleep less than 9 hours a day I feel like complete shit and my brain refuses to work for entire day
>>
i'm having the same problem op. i started taking some night time cold medicine to help me fall asleep (it makes you drowsy) and it fucking worked, for like 3 nights and then it stopped having any effect at all. only other option is to just stay up for 24 hours and then you'll be able to fall asleep whenever you want as long as you sleep around the same time every night.
>>
>>25459448
that's not what he wrote though
>>
>>25458410
>you'll sleep better when you're older

Who the fuck said this?
>>
>>25458378
Same here but it's mostly because I just imagine perfect life and me in situations where I'm liked and all before I finally fall asleep. I do it all on purpose.
>>
In addition to what everyone else said, try an app for getting to sleep. I used to have the same problem and they helped greatly. I don't even need the app anymore.
>>
File: 1450830481155.jpg (24 KB, 480x590) Image search: [Google]
1450830481155.jpg
24 KB, 480x590
>>25459547
Holy shiznit! Why didn't I think of that before? There's an app for that! lol just like the commercials said! lol
>>
>>25459683
You can laugh but I went from taking 4 hours to go to sleep to going to sleep in 30 minutes WITHOUT the app
>>
File: 1449725472085.jpg (221 KB, 1023x729) Image search: [Google]
1449725472085.jpg
221 KB, 1023x729
>>25459784
What does this app even do? Play white noise? Whats the name of it?
>>
>>25459855
The one I use is Sleep Well Hypnosis but there are tons of others out there like it.

It's not really hypnosis, it's meditation, but I guess hypnosis is just some buzz word to draw in the idiots. It's basically someone talking to you and walking you through how to relax and let go and shit like that. I'm not into meditation or any of that shit really but it did wonders for me.

It's free, you should check it out.
>>
>>25458378
I got the same problem bro. Smoking a bit of weed actually helps falling to sleep. Not always, but 8 out of 10 times
>>
>>25460886
THis very much so. OP if you are in a medical state I would try to get that card there's some shit that will put you right to sleep like a baby.
>>
>>25458378
try alcohol and/or benzodiazepines
>>
>>25458562
What will happen:
>Day 1, no sleep, stay awake for 36 hours straight
>Day 2. sleep in the evening
>Day 3, be so fucking exhausted that you can't wake up in the morning and end up waking up at 5pm to make up for lack of sleep previously
Congratulations now your sleep is completely fucked. are you retarded?
>>
>>25459179
I dont think you understand insomnia, not OP but for the hours it takes me to sleep I *am* begging to lie down in a bed/sleep, my body just wont let me and it drives me crazy. And say I do legitimately exhaust myself during the day and I do manage to get to sleep at a sensible time, guess what happens? I wake up an hour later fresh as a fucking daisy and can't sleep again for another 4-5 hours.
>>
Diet, exercise, lack of naps throughout the day, no caffeine, don't stare at screens, etc.

Frankly it's a lot of fucking work. I don't know why people think it's at all acceptable to require workers to be in well before sunrise. Just start the day fucking later, an hour after sunrise should be the standard.
>>
>>25461362
Yeah let's become dependent on one of the only drugs that is both super addictive and has a fatal withdrawal. Jesus Christ.

If you need to sleep take a diphenhydramine or something chill.
>>
>>25458378
I have the same thing desu. Either i start imagining stories and shit, and then i don't really mind i lay there for two hours awake, since stories are fun, or i fall asleep quickly, because i'm trying not to fall asleep.
>>
>>25458842
Are you me?

I'm actually interested in that. I do the exact same thing, so it would be nice to hear someone else's stories.
>>
>>25458378
Just take 2 benadryls.
They are non addictive.

Plus they get rid of allergies.
>>
File: 1445997000424.jpg (67 KB, 495x497) Image search: [Google]
1445997000424.jpg
67 KB, 495x497
>>25458378
>not fapping, rolling over then instasleeping
>>
I have this problem as well. Turns out my energy peaks around midnight so it's pretty much impossible for me to fall asleep between 22:00 and 02:00.
Nowadays I don't go to bed until after 03:00 and I usually fall asleep within 30 minutes.
Luckily I don't often need to get up early.
>>
>>25458477
>spend most of my day walking to get to class
>>
>not slowing your breathing, closing your eyes lying flat on your back thinking about nothingness
>>
File: sleepover_7.png (51 KB, 522x71) Image search: [Google]
sleepover_7.png
51 KB, 522x71
I stopped "going to sleep" when I was ~11 or so because of this. I just fall asleep at my keyboard when it hits me.

I'm a wagecuck too. If I get 1 hr of sleep in a night I just deal with it and use an energy drink the next day.

I can also pop 2 equates and 2 advils to pass out for 12 hours of theres something important coming up. Actually sometimes I'll just do that days in a row if i'm in a bad mood and don't want to be awake.
>>
>>25458378
Turn down brightness all the way half hour before bed and turn off music. Exercise and stretch a few hours before bed. Try sleeping on your stomach. Limit sugar intake
>>
>>25458378
i've heard about a trick to get to sleep yesterday. Forgot the details, you might have to google it and i've never tried it myself but you might wanna give it a chance:

- press your tongue up against the inside of the top of your mouth so that it stops right behind your top teeth
- inhale for 4 seconds
- hold your breath forh 5 seconds
- exhale for 6 seconds
- repeat for a minute or so

as I said this might be bullshit, do some googling
>>
>>25458378
try using flux

i used to have continuous sleeping pattern problems until i started using flux. before i used it i would constantly be in this pattern of staying up later and later every night and end up going to sleep at 7am and waking up at like 5pm, then i'd have to stay up all day to fix it and get back on a normal schedule. i did this for years.

https://justgetflux.com/

flux is kind of a meme at this point, but it worked for me. just google what blue light does to you, it's really fucked up.
>>
>>25462256
>one breath every 15 seconds
How am I supposed to relax and sleep when I'm suffocating?
>>
>>25458378

Play vidya for 2-3 more hours then.
I refuse to get in bed unless I'm actually tired.
>>
>>25462915
Some people have to get up a certain time. If I followed that I would have to get up by the time I fall asleep.
>>
>>25458378
I know this feel op.

My life has basically been ruined by not being able to sleep on set times. When trying to force a pattern it always ends up with me being tired all the time. I am someone who really needs his sleep to use his brain so go figure.
>>
>ITT: fake problems

I thought I was like the OP, until I had to get a job and wake up at 5:00 am everyday.

You're just not getting enough activity during the day, and that's why you can't fall asleep for a long time. And no, "walking to uni" is not enough. It doesn't matter what you "feel" like should be enough activity, the answer is your fucked up sleep pattern. It's just like when obese people swear they never overeat, and that thin people "just don't understand" or believe them.
>>
The thought of sleep has always made me uneasy. It was very horrifying to have adults tell me I need to sleep when every single night I would have nightmares about me being killed by myself.
>>
File: leech.jpg (655 KB, 1019x1285) Image search: [Google]
leech.jpg
655 KB, 1019x1285
>>25464377
>I thought I was like the OP, until I had to get a job and wake up at 5:00 am everyday.
Just because you have meme issues doesn't mean we all do.

I lift 1.5 hours every day. Also, when I had a job nothing changed. Suck it wagecuck!
>>
>>25464591

>I lift 1.5 hours every day. Also, when I had a job nothing changed.
>b-b-but I only eat 2000 calories a day! I've always been fat! -morbidly obese woman

You can lie to yourself all you want, strangers on /r9k/ don't care about you. I did give you the correct advice though.
>>
I play Youtube vids in the background. That helps me focus on other things like sleeping
>>
>>25464632
Are you insane? What mental gymnastics did you perform to write this post?

I sincerely hope you find the courage to kill yourself one day.
>>
>>25460017
Sorry it's actually iSleep easy. Much better than that other one. Haven't had to use it so long I forgot lol.
>>
>>25465049

>http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/analogy

Are you retarded?
>>
>>25465330
What are you talking about lmao? Just kill yourself man.
>>
>>25465444
yeah just kill yourself sempay
>>
>>25458378
start taking melatonin, it helps even if the dreams are weird.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.